Huxley Game, Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter Game, MMOFPS

Subscribe to the forum RSS feed and keep up to date with all the latest posts!
Go Back   Huxley Forums > Huxley Classes & Races > Huxley Classes

Huxley Classes
Sub Forums:
Avenger - Enforcer - Phantom

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25-06-2007, 07:03 PM   #61 (permalink)

Megaraider is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Support Classes

Whole my life in MMO games/and other games/ I was a supporter...I support my friends and teammates..Maybe i dont gain that much kills..but i make my team stronger..In Huxley i wish i can be a medic and a pilot/Hot owseme joysteek from the 1998...old shool hardcore stuff..no *Censored Word**Censored Word**Censored Word* things with a gazilion buttons only 5 of 'em...Model:Wingman extreme/I can drop my mates behind enemy lines and stay behind them,healing the wouded and saving there lives...Theres no need to me to fight that much...i can shoot 5-6 enemys and heal my mates..and im getting the same exp and from the battle...We win i got exp..maybe i will have less honor points if they ll be some in Huxley/ and i ll be happy..
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 25-06-2007, 09:47 PM   #62 (permalink)

InsaneRussian is on a distinguished road

Well one thing i can tell you for sure, im very good at FPS games and play a lot MMORPGs. But one thing i can say for sure, without supporting people who helps you with healng ammo or something like that i don't get far. Supporting people are very important in game but not many likes to be a supporter, still... Being supporter is very important job but it's not very awarding. Great to know that there are people who likes the job, i do it when i feel its necesery, when my team is losing =)
Old 26-06-2007, 05:42 AM   #63 (permalink)

Yeah..the kind of people that like support classes are near extinction.I think that Huxley devepores will have to make some balance...Because battles with out support classes is qually to a massacre and carnage.So i hope WebZen knows what they are doing...
Plus in some MMO ,when you are support classes you got extra privileges,extra weapons,extra vechiles,extra armor...and other stuff that others cant do without being support class.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 26-06-2007, 01:31 PM   #64 (permalink)

Well yeah, not many people likes to play supporting class and i doubt there will be any supporting classes in Huxley.
In a video that i posted earlier in Huxley General:
http://www2.thisisgame.com/board/vie...&category=8003
You can see that after some time when he doesnt get hit, his armor starts to recharge, which works as selfhealing.
Plus on this screenshot:
http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/...1111/web20.htm
You can see a player having skills called "Health Scan", not sure what it does but it's probably healing.

So all that idecates that there wont be much of supporting classes in Huxley, sorry for those who love it.
Old 26-06-2007, 02:21 PM   #65 (permalink)

Who knows...Maybe they wont be any job for us/supporters/But nvm..still i can grab a sniper and split someones brain in a half. And by the way..i hope i can controll ships with a joysteek

http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/7...d_1738209.html

Here at the end i u wait/2:03-2:07/When he drive over the guy on the ground..he says "Aghhh" or something like that..Maybe just maybe he wasnt dead but wouded..That makes me think abaut a med kits and other stuff that can carry teams..They can heal each other..Something like in Battlefrield 2 and 2142..He is wounded but not dead..and can be save by a medic in 20 secs...

Last edited by zeekgenateer; 26-06-2007 at 08:51 PM. Reason: Double Post
Old 26-06-2007, 04:33 PM   #66 (permalink)

Well in this video:
http://www1.thisisgame.com/board/vie...&category=8013
There is even more proff to that there wont be any support classes, cause it that video that i posted about in this article:
New Old News About Huxley - Yet Unseen
In that video you can see how the guy picks up this:
http://img259.imageshack.us/my.php?i...atsthatuq1.png
And it has sound like ammo and is Universal ammo for any weapon as i believe. So if there is skill called "HealthScan" and ammo kits laying around, only thing remains to ifnd out how repairing works.

PS: Wouldn't recommand to do Double Posting, you might get punished: "Against the rules" =)
Old 27-06-2007, 04:09 AM   #67 (permalink)
Training Grounds

polish husaria is on a distinguished road

what i see its going to be a UT but on a big online level and everything u need will be in hovering pack, with no support classes at all. i think is not going to be a good as i thought well at lest for me, sorry if i offend enyone
Old 08-07-2007, 10:53 AM   #68 (permalink)
Training Grounds

Dynatos is on a distinguished road

in every mmo i played, the ability to heal/bandage faster than normal regen rates is essential in group pvp. if there is a medic type, then im sure most battles will be won because the one team had better support.
Old 09-07-2007, 08:24 AM   #69 (permalink)

Joker_xxx is on a distinguished road

Here is how i see things:
- every tank, armoured vehicle, ship etc needs a driver or pilot, as the driver is more experienced, he can steer more precisely, get higher speeds, receive a blonde in front of his seat, etc
- each of this vehicles have turrets and/or machineguns attached so for each of this you will need shooters witch will have different levels of experience so 1 will be able to aim better that another 1, or shoot faster, reload faster and who knows what else.

Anyway as i understood you can be whatever you want since you give away the credit points you achieved and can choose a path to follow, so maniacs will be able to have multiple jobs.

Being a medic sux.... you always get injured because didn't healed right or healed some1 else and first of all why the hell do you play Huxley? Just for becoming a medic? So if it is by me there will be no medic support class, hit points can be restored by an injection or something like that (only once per life), armour can be regenerated by using energy or you get your suit recharged from a plug.

Now to the spawn rate... a time spawn is the easiest way to set things right but i think to counter the time spawn there will be a gap between the spawn place and the actual fighting place so you will have to walk or travel with an armoured vehicle witch only leaves when is full loaded.
No matter how it will be, ill accept it because every1 will play after the same rules.

Btw wount be cute to see some buffers here also?

Last edited by Joker_xxx; 09-07-2007 at 08:30 AM.
Old 09-07-2007, 01:59 PM   #70 (permalink)

Well it's obvious that when people heard of the game many of the heard that the game is leaned toward MMORPG with FPS style and when they found out it ws tyhe other way around they got disapointed as polish husaria. For me i did got disapointed but became even more glad when i found out that it will be lots FPS in it. So if you are hoping fro healers and such, forget it this is FPS.

Joker, you spoke of vehicle.. What are you talking about? I mean this is about supporters ( you got on it later when you started talking about totaly different thing).
Anyhow as goes for Joker,, one question... Ever played game like Amerca's Army or BattleField series? Being medic is only big advantage. You got hurt you heal yourself, specialy in BFs. I go around see some guys kill them all got badly injured heal myself, after see some teammate coming he runs gets killed and injures enemy i shoot them revive him and he goes as bait for me. Dunno medics have big roles in games like BFs and they get awesome points, for both killing and healing. In America's Army though healing wasnt been much but still it helped much your teammates, you had only 3 heals and i believe that you couldn't heal yourself but still you could help your teammates. Anyhow if there were medics i would be glad to be one, for my self at first and of caurse for my team.

Before the end same as the start, something that doesn't belong to supports, spawntime? Dude you sure you didn't just wake up? xD

Anyhow there will be buffs but not like buffers with spells. The only buffs you will be able to get is from squad and from your own skills that you putt into your armor, selfbuffs.
Old 10-07-2007, 09:46 AM   #71 (permalink)

Joker_xxx is on a distinguished road

Hello again my dear russian

I my previous post here i wanted to share my point of view about this game or better say the only support classes in game will be those who will spare some of their licence points to learn drive, shoot from a vehicle turret (i see this as strong supports in a battle). I only made references to things that were already discussed in this thread and yes that includes even the spawn time :P and even if i did not, ill let you choose a pain punish for me ok?

About Battlefield and America's Army-i hate Battlefield from the first day i saw it, i admit havent tried too hard to reveal its magic, i think i gave up when i saw one of my m8s heading str8 to a broken tank, pumps out a repair key: click, click crack and here you go a brand new tank (havent seen the second game). Here are the games i like and played a lot: Counterstrike, Quake, UT in this games you wount find one single medic foot.

Buffers q was a rhetorical 1

Laters

Last edited by Joker_xxx; 10-07-2007 at 10:08 AM.
Old 17-10-2008, 11:34 PM   #72 (permalink)
Training Grounds

Anti-Venom is on a distinguished road

If you take a good look at the newest video released showing the whole combat scene from the sapien view where he goes on a shotgun rampage, you will notice that his ally shoots some sort of beam from a roof. The beam then seems to give this sapien some sort of force field upon impact to protect him from the bullets of a turret that opens fire on him. Just pointing this out that there may be some possibility for support other than medic/shield repair.