Huxley Game, Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter Game, MMOFPS

Subscribe to the forum RSS feed and keep up to date with all the latest posts!
Go Back   Huxley Forums > Huxley Classes & Races > Huxley Classes

Huxley Classes
Sub Forums:
Avenger - Enforcer - Phantom

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2006, 06:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
Training Grounds

Dars is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Dars Send a message via MSN to Dars
Default Huxley Classes

For all you that don't know about the class system, there is an article made with one of the programmers of Huxley on Gamespot.

For all of you who are to lazy to go find this article, i will name out the 3 classes of Huxley that he describes in the article.

- Enforcer : Close Range Combat Class (Support/Heavy Weapons)
- Avenger : Midrange Combat Class (Rifleman)
- Phantom : Sniper Class (Sniper)

There are also 3 armor types; light, medium, and heavy, which i can only imagine would vary between the 3 classes.

Here is the article, you lazy bastards.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/hu...50771&q=Huxley
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-08-2006, 07:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
Training Grounds

Magnus is on a distinguished road

From the linked article:
Quote:
The big question is, how do you avoid the problem of a level 50 player absolutely destroying a level 1 newcomer? Kang had an answer. Basically, the idea is that the levels are divided by class. The first 10 levels are the basic class, while the highest 10 levels (41-50) are the elite class. Level 50 characters will have more socket skills at their disposal, as well as more weapons and armor, and they'll usually battle other players that fall into their class. Meanwhile, lower-ranked players will battle in their class, so the disparity isn't so great.
So, what's going to stop a level 50 Elite from ganking a level 1 noobie onthe city streets? Is there no combat on the city streets? Can't you call out someone on the spot? Maybe you just can't target them for attack? The only fighting is in the instanced missions/battles? Anybody know?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-08-2006, 07:49 PM   #3 (permalink)

connnnn is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to connnnn

Why would you want to attack your ally?
Old 02-08-2006, 08:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
Training Grounds

I wouldn't, but say I saw CTU24 walking down the street, not in a battle, and wanted to cap him, would I be able to? (And I'm not into TK's, so if he happens to show up im my squad, I'll babysit him.)

Basically, my question is this: Can you initiate a firefight on the city street?

Example: A lvl 50 walk up to to a newb and blow his head off because he didn't like his shirt color.
Old 02-08-2006, 08:11 PM   #5 (permalink)

CTU24 is an unknown quantity at this point

LOL thx for using me lol im really hated in these fourms but w/e idk u guys :P lol anyways i think u can its like a duel there called P2P fights i think if im not mistaking plz criticze me if im wrong liek u guys alrady do
Old 02-08-2006, 08:33 PM   #6 (permalink)
Training Grounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTU24 View Post
LOL thx for using me lol im really hated in these fourms
I don't hate you, you're my new favorite indoor sport.
Old 02-08-2006, 10:27 PM   #7 (permalink)

Isint taht the same thing lol
Old 03-08-2006, 02:34 AM   #8 (permalink)

Mandalore is on a distinguished road

pends on what construdes of the sport...huh?

-Mandalore-
Old 03-08-2006, 04:30 AM   #9 (permalink)
Training Grounds

UltiSoldier is on a distinguished road

lol. Well most likely you could have street fights but only if both of you accept.(which only an idiot noob would[mostly all]) :D
Old 03-08-2006, 05:38 AM   #10 (permalink)

Dueling in an FPS game wouldn't work like it would RPG style games. Stray bullets anyone?

But it wouldn't be unlikely at all that there'll be specific sort of battle arena type areas where you can 1v1 someone. They've specifically mentioned that these will exist for things like 4v4 and in general smaller team sizes than the huge battle zone areas.
Old 03-08-2006, 06:35 PM   #11 (permalink)
Training Grounds

Crot is on a distinguished road

i think i remember reading that being skilled will stop this.. so i guess a lvl 50 is going to have better stuff yes but it doesn't mean your bullets will do 1 dmg or miss frequently

dunno if that made sense

good morning
Old 03-08-2006, 06:39 PM   #12 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Felix12g is on a distinguished road

I can't remember the exact wording, but a while back there was mention of an area to go to hone your skills before you went out on missions or pvp. It was in town I believe, but I can't remember if it was a battle arena of some kind or just a training center.
Old 03-08-2006, 06:42 PM   #13 (permalink)

KopMcginty is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crot View Post
i think i remember reading that being skilled will stop this.. so i guess a lvl 50 is going to have better stuff yes but it doesn't mean your bullets will do 1 dmg or miss frequently

dunno if that made sense

good morning
Yep it made sense and you are right..

What was basically said is that yes the advantage will be with the high level player, he'll have access to better equipment etc and possibly be more experienced in the game too, but it will still be skill dependent to get the kill, there will be benifits to your level but invincibility to lower level players will not be one of them, if the lower level guy is skilled enough compared to you, he is going to take you down.
Old 03-08-2006, 11:08 PM   #14 (permalink)

Well I'm pretty sure they did specifically mention smaller battle arenas that were separate from the large scale instances, although I can't remember which interview it might have been. They said it would allow people the chance to get more traditional DM-style gameplay out of it if they wish. What they didn't specify was whether it would be focused on just giving people a way to practice their skills, or if there would be some sort of ladder-ish type system, or if you could bet on fights or even if it'll be strictly intra-racial or not.
Old 04-08-2006, 12:31 AM   #15 (permalink)

buried is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by connnnn View Post
Well I'm pretty sure they did specifically mention smaller battle arenas that were separate from the large scale instances, although I can't remember which interview it might have been. They said it would allow people the chance to get more traditional DM-style gameplay out of it if they wish. What they didn't specify was whether it would be focused on just giving people a way to practice their skills, or if there would be some sort of ladder-ish type system, or if you could bet on fights or even if it'll be strictly intra-racial or not.
I remember reading something like that. There will be side battles in "challenge areas" where you can have private clan vs clan or 4v4/2v2/1v1 battles. It was also mentioned that in the small battles, you won't even play as your own character. Probably useful for training purposes.
Old 04-08-2006, 02:04 AM   #16 (permalink)
Training Grounds

Bezim is on a distinguished road

Cool, so that means in clan battles everyone is equal in terms of armor. I guess this means if you want to just play Huxley as an FPS for a bit rather than as the FPSMMO, you can do that.

That leaves us with a choice of fps/mmopvp/pve depending on what we feel like, can anyone say SUPER LONG PLAYABILITY.

I think the Huxley devs are takin a step in the right direction in this case

Neat stuff
Old 04-08-2006, 02:53 AM   #17 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Felix12g is on a distinguished road

Personally I find zombie games to be fun. Run around and shoot stupid bots in the head. See how many you can take on at once etc. The PvP is going to be great, having the added extra of a mind numbing NPC killing spree to take te edge off the day will be a sweet deal indeed.
Old 04-08-2006, 03:38 AM   #18 (permalink)
Training Grounds

Thumbs up

Felix, I like the way you think.
Old 04-08-2006, 05:52 AM   #19 (permalink)

CONQUEROR 45 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bezim View Post
Cool, so that means in clan battles everyone is equal in terms of armor. I guess this means if you want to just play Huxley as an FPS for a bit rather than as the FPSMMO, you can do that.

That leaves us with a choice of fps/mmopvp/pve depending on what we feel like, can anyone say SUPER LONG PLAYABILITY.

I think the Huxley devs are takin a step in the right direction in this case

Neat stuff
Going to be real long play. Its a MMO, goint to have extra downloadable content.
Old 04-08-2006, 11:34 PM   #20 (permalink)

I think the little battles you are refering to guys is called P2P and you dont even fight as your own character not that thats bad just saying