Huxley Game, Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter Game, MMOFPS

Subscribe to the forum RSS feed and keep up to date with all the latest posts!
Go Back   Huxley Forums > Huxley Forums > Huxley General
Connect with Facebook

Huxley General This is the Huxley general discussion area where most talk regarding Huxley is done.
Sub Forums: Huxley PC Forum - Huxley Xbox 360 Forum

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21-04-2007, 04:30 PM   #1 (permalink)

Udonis is on a distinguished road
Default Huxley Release Date

Hey all i was just checking out my lil brother's GAMEFORMER Magazine
(page 31. Top Right) and it says: Available in July for PC as well as September on 36o....now im optimistic about this because if that were the case then beta should be out by now rite for the July realease and also im not hearing this from Webzen page....what are your thoughts.

Last edited by Ghos7; 04-05-2007 at 03:47 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 21-04-2007, 05:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Murvel is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Murvel
Default Re: Huxley July this year

Seems way to optimistic to me, but hey, I won't stop them if the game is ready by then. Although most things point to the fact that they won't release the game that early.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 21-04-2007, 06:03 PM   #3 (permalink)

connnnn is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to connnnn
Default Re: Huxley July This Year

Was it the newest issue of the magazine?

I always wonder where magazines get their release date info; whether they actually ask the developers, or if they just say "well ebgames.com has this date listed..."
Old 21-04-2007, 09:28 PM   #4 (permalink)

Udonis is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by connnnn View Post
Was it the newest issue of the magazine?

I always wonder where magazines get their release date info; whether they actually ask the developers, or if they just say "well ebgames.com has this date listed..."
It was this Months Issue of Game Informer but i really dont trust it either because beta would have already been out if they were/are shooting for a July Release
Old 21-04-2007, 09:35 PM   #5 (permalink)
Training Grounds

Mythricor is on a distinguished road

Normally i might agree with you if the date was posted on a website, but i have came to trust gameinformer, i myself just read the magazine and saw the date. I find it a little bit iffy because of the fact of no Beta, but Huxley is a Korean MMO and idk if they do things differently over their , i can only hope this release date is somewhat correct.
Old 22-04-2007, 08:47 AM   #6 (permalink)
Training Grounds

Mcclaine is on a distinguished road

The date may be about correct but the year is wrong. Try 2008 for a more realstic idea.
Old 22-04-2007, 01:01 PM   #7 (permalink)
Super Moderator

zeekgenateer is on a distinguished road

Who can say beta isn't already out, and they won't do a public beta just a private one? Though there would be more insider news if that was the case. Oh well I still think Christmas of this year is the date.
Old 22-04-2007, 06:43 PM   #8 (permalink)

Well for an MMO to launch without doing a large-scale stress test would be pretty surprising.

Even if they did do that in Korea and somehow we're just not hearing about it, that'd still mean they're launching the server clusters in other regions totally untested. It's possible, but I'd think that would be pretty unlikely.
Old 23-04-2007, 02:49 AM   #9 (permalink)
Training Grounds

Zhyphyr is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcclaine View Post
Try 2008 for a more realstic idea.
NOOOO!!!!

j/k hehehe, in fact who knows anything... we only know webzen if from Korea, and they plan to launch 2 games SUN and Huxley, SUN is already running in Korea. But i dont ever heard about this company, who may know how thay plan to do this... i have sacnned all game pages i know and everyone says 2007, i guess will be end of 2007 but ill cry if they wait till 2008
Old 23-04-2007, 01:53 PM   #10 (permalink)
Training Grounds

Mythricor is on a distinguished road

maybe they found some way to emulate a few thousand logins, and decided to use that instead of beta testing where half ur game gets leaked to the world.
Old 23-04-2007, 10:53 PM   #11 (permalink)
Training Grounds

Apester is on a distinguished road

I see you all carnt wait.. Glad i only found out about this a couple of months ago not years would of been dying by now.

Seems wierd how on Play.com they also have the date for july...and now magazines.Starting to pop around the place.Maybe we should check some more game shop sites and magazines.
Old 25-04-2007, 07:31 AM   #12 (permalink)
Training Grounds

behlul is on a distinguished road

all this seems like a lto of wishfull thinking, Webzen woudlve been advertising like crazy by now, going with conventional game launch means, if the game was coming out by the masses in just 2 months time.
really do hope its not in 2008 though. gonna still keep my fingers crossed for THIS july
Old 25-04-2007, 07:51 AM   #13 (permalink)

impulsive is on a distinguished road

does anyone scan the net for lastest info? like korean sites?
Old 26-04-2007, 05:08 AM   #14 (permalink)
Training Grounds

Kapeket!! is on a distinguished road

They have a nice pretty building in downtown LA. Can someone stop by and ask them what the date is please?

I will be in SoCal in mid-May. Expect a report, perhaps a video link, to my visit to Webzen HQ in LA. =D
Old 26-04-2007, 07:59 PM   #15 (permalink)
Emperor of the Forum

Ghos7 is on a distinguished road

I say that they probably already released beta, and it's private, and it's probably leaked, just that all the leaked info is in Korea, not in america. Maybe their doing a good job of keeping it shut up, and that's why we haven't heard anything.
Old 27-04-2007, 05:02 AM   #16 (permalink)
Training Grounds

Flasher702 is on a distinguished road

Korean is hella hard to translate (I spent 4 days and had to get one of my korean co-workers to help me to figure out how to play Achlord on the korean servers ahead of the English launch). Do we have any forum members who can read korean??? Or Chinese? I've tried advertising on craigslist to meet korean or chinese gamers to make friends with several times but no one responds :( I need to learn how to be more asian-friendly I guess.
Old 27-04-2007, 05:14 AM   #17 (permalink)

If they were doing a good job of keeping it quiet, it wouldn't be getting leaked
Old 28-04-2007, 12:07 AM   #18 (permalink)

ShotPutter1012 is on a distinguished road

yeh i have gotten the game informer magazine too. It alittle to werid that i have been seeing july 6th and july 1st but realy i think its too good to be true
Old 28-04-2007, 11:58 PM   #19 (permalink)

Untamed98 is on a distinguished road

It would be great if it was true I found it in my GI magazine to at first my jaw dropped in amazment but seeing that they didnt have much more information than that made me doubt it was true.
Old 29-04-2007, 01:26 AM   #20 (permalink)
Emperor of the Forum

Ghos7 is on a distinguished road

Well, supposedley, webzen said it would be coming out Q2 or Q3 2007, and July does fall in one of those categorys, maybe it is true, and we'll be getting to play it in July.