Huxley Game, Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter Game, MMOFPS

Subscribe to the forum RSS feed and keep up to date with all the latest posts!
Go Back   Huxley Forums > Huxley Forums > Huxley General

Huxley General This is the Huxley general discussion area where most talk regarding Huxley is done.
Sub Forums: Huxley PC Forum - Huxley Xbox 360 Forum

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2007, 05:22 AM   #1 (permalink)

connnnn is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to connnnn
Default Re: Huxley July This Year

People have been claiming to have "inside" information for along time ;\

In the end, just wait and it'll come when it comes... there's plenty of other things to distract yourself with in the meantime. Like movie sequels!

Last edited by connnnn; 02-05-2007 at 05:28 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-05-2007, 06:59 AM   #2 (permalink)
Training Grounds

MazerK is on a distinguished road

Heh, even if the claims of having 'inside' information is true, the game is still vulnerable to unforeseen setbacks and delays. With seeing no sign of a private or open beta, the game may not be ready for release until much later in the year.

Though maybe they'll surprise us.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-05-2007, 03:09 PM   #3 (permalink)

Dynatics is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Dynatics

Yeah agreed, getting more and more bothered about posts like this because they just give false hope.
Would be very appreciated if someone could make this ( and other obvious subjects ) on a sticky so posts and threads about the same subject won't be scattered around the forum.
If it's true about July 2007 i would be very pleased and thankfull but i'd rather see this game fully "finished" other than parts being taken out because of their 'deadline' or whatever.
I've been dissappointed to many times and i would definately like to see this game becoming a success.

-Dynatics,
Old 04-05-2007, 04:52 AM   #4 (permalink)
Emperor of the Forum

Ghos7 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynatics View Post
Yeah agreed, getting more and more bothered about posts like this because they just give false hope.
Would be very appreciated if someone could make this ( and other obvious subjects ) on a sticky so posts and threads about the same subject won't be scattered around the forum.
If it's true about July 2007 i would be very pleased and thankfull but i'd rather see this game fully "finished" other than parts being taken out because of their 'deadline' or whatever.
I've been dissappointed to many times and i would definately like to see this game becoming a success.

-Dynatics,
That is a good idea. Okay, now it's sticky and I changed the name of the thread to "Huxley Release Date Discussion".

In my opinion, there is no release date is ture until it's out. Of course, I would take webzen's word over game informers any day, but you just don't know until it's out. I hope it will be out by july, since then I can play for the summer.
Old 04-05-2007, 03:37 AM   #5 (permalink)

Untamed98 is on a distinguished road

There has been a couple of sources that said Huxley might come in July it very well could be true but dont get your hopes back because a problem could occur and they would have to push the release date back. Its best just to be patient and hope it comes soon some of us have been waiting since around last summer(I joined this site in March but Ive known about the game since last summer). Its better to wait than the game coming out with a **** load of glitches and problems.
Old 04-05-2007, 03:40 AM   #6 (permalink)
Training Grounds

Tartay is on a distinguished road

Well i used to play WoW so im fully aware of dates being pushed way far back. But it does seem like this game has been under dev for a long time so hopefully the glitches will be minor and easily patched within a few weeks of the release.
Old 04-05-2007, 04:55 AM   #7 (permalink)
Training Grounds

Shadow1011 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Huxley Release Date Discussion

Webzen is much more likely to release Huxley in July '07 considering they were scheduled for a 2006 release and the fact that they had enough game designing done to make a demo. Also, in terms of the beta test, it is much more likely that they did a private beta test because Webzen wanted to keep Huxley's other gamefeatures under wraps.
Old 04-05-2007, 05:06 AM   #8 (permalink)
Emperor of the Forum

That's a very big possibility. Game designers these days are all about the secrets, because they know that a players curiosity will pressure them to buy the game. If you release a games beta with all the features already in it, what secrets do you have left that make a person want to buy it?
Old 04-05-2007, 05:24 AM   #9 (permalink)
Training Grounds

CoyG is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: Huxley Release Date Discussion

Earnings for Q1 Jan-Mar came out today for Webzen…in their slide show presentation for release dates they have closed beta July/Aug…Open Beta Nov/Dec…Commercialization Jan/Feb 08 >>
> >
Location www.Webzen.com under the corporate English website then under investor info then downloads…>>
> >
http://www.webzen.com/Files/IRPDS%20Files/FY2007%20Q1%20Earnings%20Material(1).zip>>
Old 04-05-2007, 06:12 AM   #10 (permalink)
Emperor of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoyG View Post
Earnings for Q1 Jan-Mar came out today for Webzen…in their slide show presentation for release dates they have closed beta July/Aug…Open Beta Nov/Dec…Commercialization Jan/Feb 08 >>
> >
Location www.Webzen.com under the corporate English website then under investor info then downloads…>>
> >
http://www.webzen.com/Files/IRPDS%20Files/FY2007%20Q1%20Earnings%20Material(1).zip>>
*sigh*

....Well, at least now we have a projected beta release date and game release date from webzen.
Old 04-05-2007, 05:35 AM   #11 (permalink)
Training Grounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghos7 View Post
That's a very big possibility. Game designers these days are all about the secrets, because they know that a players curiosity will pressure them to buy the game. If you release a games beta with all the features already in it, what secrets do you have left that make a person want to buy it?
That is exactly what I mean. Most game designers these days reveal a game and some of it's features and then they slowly reveal more and more about the game every couple of months. A good example of this is a game called "Mass Effect." Those that have heard of it know what I mean.

Halo 3 is another example of this. Microsoft even went as far as to tricking people into believing for a short time that there would be no Halo 3, making everybody want it more. Then as gamers' want for Halo 3 reached it's peak, the Halo 3 trailer debuted at E3, driving fans into wanting Halo 3 even more. Much like how the Coca-Cola Co. came out with a new coke, but it was so horrible, when Coca-Cola Classic came out Coca-Cola sales sky-rocketed.

Anticipation and curiousity can be powerful weapons. Knowing this game designers prey on it to increase sales and we all know it works.
Old 04-05-2007, 06:09 AM   #12 (permalink)

impulsive is on a distinguished road

oh...man 2008....sigh , thanks for info

lets hope it comes out early-a
Old 04-05-2007, 07:48 AM   #13 (permalink)
Training Grounds

This Sucks
Old 04-05-2007, 08:48 PM   #14 (permalink)

fleshcutter is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to fleshcutter

ya what i cant w8 that long!!
Old 04-05-2007, 08:50 PM   #15 (permalink)

i am confused where will it be out in 2008
Old 04-05-2007, 08:52 PM   #16 (permalink)

ShotPutter1012 is on a distinguished road

well this is great, well just go back to free MMO's or something for another year or so, but come on i been hearing all over the place july 07 just NOW they change it i'm with shadow on this SUCKS
Old 05-05-2007, 12:03 AM   #17 (permalink)
Training Grounds

MazerK is on a distinguished road

I agree that waiting longer isn't my idea of fun, but in the long run I'd rather wait to have a completed and fully working game instead of something they rushed through in the last few days to get a couple bugs and poorly made quests mashed into the game.

Less complaining and more playing when the game finally does get released.
Old 05-05-2007, 12:35 AM   #18 (permalink)

this game looks too good to be true i have only heard of it a day ago but it looks such a brilliant game i would have to put up a shelf made of gold with that one game on it but then i wouldnt have the money to buy the game lol.
i like fps games and i search through a bundle of them and i still havnt found the game for me but.. huxley will just have to be that perfect game it looks better than halo and hal was good as many of u know
Old 05-05-2007, 03:46 AM   #19 (permalink)
Training Grounds

Zhyphyr is on a distinguished road

well, open beta for december its ok
Old 05-05-2007, 03:55 AM   #20 (permalink)

Decent_xVICIOUSx is on a distinguished road

ther sure takin ther sweet time geez