Huxley Game, Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter Game, MMOFPS

Subscribe to the forum RSS feed and keep up to date with all the latest posts!
Go Back   Huxley Forums > Huxley Classes & Races > Huxley Classes

Huxley Classes
Sub Forums:
Avenger - Enforcer - Phantom

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2006, 06:37 AM   #21 (permalink)
Training Grounds

Bezim is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTU24 View Post
and you dont even fight as your own character
That's what I meant, everyone is equal in these fights
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-08-2006, 03:46 AM   #22 (permalink)

SeeJay is on a distinguished road

What I heard was that the only big deal about getting higher in level only meant that you had better stuff like guns, armor, etc. I thought thats how they did it so you could have random fire fights in the city streets. Only poor lvl 1 guys with their semi auto rifle will have trouble going up against a lvl 50 with a fully auto mini gun with 2,000 bullets to waist. If you are a skilled FPS player then you could get into cover find a suitable spot to poke ur barrel through and light the guy up maybe even get a headshot.

Tell me if I am wrong or if this has already been said cause it probably has.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-08-2006, 02:47 PM   #23 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Felix12g is on a distinguished road

Yes, that has been discussed many places. What they are currently doing is segregating the levels in battlegrounds, though it's unclear if a level 10 can be brought along to a level 40 battleground if he's in the 40's squad.

As for the level 1, you don't start out with a pea shooter like in PS. It may not be the best gun but you should be able to kill with it. You can take up to 5 guns with you onto the battlefield and pickup more on it as well as buy guns from merchants beforehand. You can store weapons in personal lockers etc. I don't think there will be any worry about being able to shoot shit. Whether you have the skill to hit what you want remains to be seen.
Old 08-08-2006, 12:25 AM   #24 (permalink)

KopMcginty is on a distinguished road

Its good that they intend you to have reasonable firepower form the start but thats no different than any other shooter really, 3 years on from the start and in ps and i still use the weapons i used on day one regularly.

I am hoping that the unlockable weapons (or however it works) are generally derivatives of the standard weapons to a degree, larger ammo clips, slightly increased Rof and accracy for example as opposed to quantum leaps in power. They should be good enough to be worth using to give youan edge but not light years from the weapons a step down so you still have to be able to aim worth a damn.

Seeing as the press releases all suggest they want player skill to be the deciding factor i am pretty confident thats the way it will go.
Old 08-08-2006, 01:11 AM   #25 (permalink)
Super Moderator

They do speak of shotgun "type" which leads me to believe there is going to be a wide variety of weapons in each class, IE carbines, rifles, autos, semis, bolt (I hope not) miniguns etc. . .

As the mainstay of this game is FPS and you can carry 5 weapons at a time, for them to have the dismal selection of weaponry that PS had would make this game go stale quickly.
Old 08-08-2006, 09:09 AM   #26 (permalink)

Thats cool, i am all for variety of weapons, even if i have a preference for two or three, more choice = more playstyles, which is always good. Didnt mean to come across anti-choice, i just want the good weapons to be recognisable in power compared to the vanilla weapons.

The weapon/armour power as you progress will be one of, if not the main decider as to whether player skill really is the decider in a level mismatch, if you get a gun and armour that is 3 times more powerful than the guy down due to your level, its not going to matter if he is better than you so long as you are competent, your gear would be too big an advantage. That is one of my main fears - that they dont get the balance between rewarding progression and remaining competitive with lower levels right. For FPS combat i would rather the levelling up gave you more variety of gear to choose from rather than just more powerful full stop.
Old 08-08-2006, 09:46 AM   #27 (permalink)

TheVermin23 is on a distinguished road

prediction:

the higher level you are, the more 'access' you get to battles. while at the same time, you can 'relive'/'replay' older battles, and they'll have level caps.

so a level 50 could go into the level 1-10 battlegrounds and his level would be maxed at 10, while his other abilities/equipment from a higher level will be 'unavailable'. you'll get a "Must be level 45 to use that ability" message or something like that.

therefore you get pistol fight rooms, minimal armor. then you can hop over to heavy gunner rooms with massive armor and vehicles. difference being that your level equals access to that battlefield as well as the abilities.

but these rooms will be primarily the PvP rooms. while the PvE rooms will still be limited, but much more broad. minus the endgame rooms, which will be max level only, or most likely a 5 level range.

just predictions.
Old 08-08-2006, 09:40 PM   #28 (permalink)
Super Moderator

I was thinking of way I was just tossing around my head for the upgrades and progressions to work. They've been saying you get deeper into a certain field by spending more points into it, so say you keep spending points into armor, what kinds of things can they give? A few different ways to modify what armor gives.

I'm thinking heavy armors here.
1.) Armor points, straight up beef. More points, no regen.

2.) Lower points, very fast regen. Still more than a medium.

3.) Armor resistances. You can spec out the entire body or certain pieces to be more resistant to certain "Classes" of weapons. IE more resistant to explosives, armor piercing against rifles etc.

4.) Sensory enhancements, support equipment, extra ammo capacity, melee weapons built in, that sort of thing.

5.) Jump jets. Not used for flying, just a short boost to help you jump to higher vantages.

Those were a couple things I came up with, what do you people think you might find for armor mods.
Old 08-08-2006, 10:23 PM   #29 (permalink)

Nice ideas there, i do think though they should maintain tradeoffs though, ie you want the bulky assault armour, you may be a walking tank but your going to lumber along like one too. You'll be able to take some serious firepower without dropping but unsupported guys in light armour are going to run rings around you if they have a clue what they are doing.

Resistences/damage degradation against certain weapon types has a very nice sound to it, i like the choices that one could give but the others are good ideas too, all things that would enhance the armour without entering god mode.
Old 10-08-2006, 08:56 PM   #30 (permalink)

SurfnBird is on a distinguished road

i know this is off topic but since it has to do with combate and higher lvl players i figured i'd ask do you think you'll have 2 buy ammo for your wepons or will you be given ammo at the start of a battle or everytime you respawn. if you had 2 buy it yourself higher lvl players most likey will be able 2 buy more cuz they have more cash then a noob would.
Old 10-08-2006, 09:29 PM   #31 (permalink)

connnnn is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to connnnn

From one of the E3 vids it appeared as though there was some type of ammo recharge point/pickup. Think of them like weapon lockers in some UT2k4 gametypes I guess. So it looks like you don't have to worry about actually buying ammo.
Old 20-03-2007, 01:30 PM   #32 (permalink)
Training Grounds

cdstacker is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 3 Classes.

i don't reckon you weapons would be active in the city streets. lets say that lvl 50 guy does blow the lvl 1 guy's head off, what if the lvl 1 guy's 4 lvl 35 mates and they attack, then the lvl 50 guy's brother joins in to help etc. it would be too tempting for people to just start bloodbaths.
Old 20-03-2007, 04:52 PM   #33 (permalink)
Training Grounds

Vital Factor is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 3 Classes.

Correct me if im wrong but i believe this cant happen, if you "duel" in city streets you dont even play as your own character/lvl..they stated you would actually be equal with the person you are trying to kill.

...And i think the only battling in city streets are duels and putting lead(or lighting orbs,rockets or w/e) into "hyrids"

It would be cool to be sitting around in a market or something with your buds and become under-sieged by hybrids and have to fight them off...or slaughter.
Old 18-04-2007, 04:21 AM   #34 (permalink)

Lucran is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Huxley Classes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix12g View Post

You can take up to 5 guns with you onto the battlefield and pickup more on it as well as buy guns from merchants beforehand. You can store weapons in personal lockers etc.
Where did you hear that you could take 5 guns into battle ive asked someone before but never got an answer?
Old 24-04-2007, 03:54 AM   #35 (permalink)

Grind is on a distinguished road

I've read a good amount of places that say it's 5 guns you can bring into battle so I'm pretty sure thats it.

That would be cool if you could duel in the streets just for fun. Give people something to watch while their trading or something like that.

Other than duels (if they even have them, I don't know) you can't fight in the main faction cities anyway.

And wow it would be so awesome if every now and then they had the hybrids or whatever the NPC enemies are, stage a huge attack on the major cities. Just randomly once or twice a week, maybe less like once every two weeks at a random time. That would be a fun fight .
Old 21-02-2008, 12:16 AM   #36 (permalink)
Training Grounds

azpeytia is on a distinguished road

can u take in mind the things that release CoD 4, i think that game is extremly great.

I think you have to take in mind the perks and so so
Old 22-02-2008, 02:26 AM   #37 (permalink)

Grind is on a distinguished road

Well you can bring in the 5 guns plus a certain amount of socket abilities that you can attach to your armor (which you can think of as perks from CoD4 or powerups in games like UT and Quake)