Huxley Game, Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter Game, MMOFPS

Subscribe to the forum RSS feed and keep up to date with all the latest posts!
Go Back   Huxley Forums > Huxley Classes & Races > Huxley Classes

Huxley Classes
Sub Forums:
Avenger - Enforcer - Phantom

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23-07-2007, 07:18 AM   #1 (permalink)
Training Grounds

Savage is on a distinguished road
Default Class dis/advantage

If I'm an enforcer and you are a phantom and i get anywhere near you, either you better be good at "no-scoping" or I'm going to beat you every time.

To me this seems a little unfair for the phantoms, in my experience it is easy to dodge sniper shots and get close enough to where the sniper can either try and hit me at close range, run, or pull out a lesser weapon to stand and fight, and in most cases they get killed.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 23-07-2007, 08:08 AM   #2 (permalink)

InsaneRussian is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Class dis/advantage

That's the reason why as any class you will be able to pruchase weapons from other classes...
Old 23-07-2007, 10:56 AM   #3 (permalink)

Stncold is on a distinguished road

In your experience most snipers that shot at you sucked then if they didn't hit you the first time when you didn't know they were there. Then missed on the second shot before you had time to react and get close, then missed on all the following shots before you got close and killed them.

They deserved to die.

It will be different here, I suppose if I take a shot at an Enforcer and miss him to the point he charges me. I'm going to take off full-speed away from him until I can cloak and get away. There will most definitely be some way to see cloaked phantoms, but it will probably be a skill or a special type of scope and I doubt most Enforcers will be carrying that scope or using that particular skill in their current battleground full-time.

It could also be like Planetside where pretty much have everybody has Darklight, who knows.

Phantoms are officially the "long range/sniper" class but that's not true. It's pretty much confirmed they are the scouts/stealth. If headshots are one-hit kills like it looks to be, then there will probably be an instagib with melee from behind ability.

So, if everything goes like I said.(It probably will be based on stuff I've read, videos I've watched etc)

In this particular scenario if you do charge a Phantom after they miss you, might be a mistake on your part as they cloak, circle around and stab you in the back.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 23-07-2007, 05:24 PM   #4 (permalink)

baddb0y93 is on a distinguished road

well i saw a video of idk wat class it was but they had a machine gun and then pulled out a sniper so that means phantoms could probly get a lisence to buy a michine gun so the avenger wont be at advantage wen hes close combat with a phantom just imagine u see a sniper and yur like haha and start jumping around and shooting then that sniper pulls out a machine gun and pawns u lol owned
Old 23-07-2007, 08:24 PM   #5 (permalink)

Grind is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by baddb0y93 View Post
well i saw a video of idk wat class it was but they had a machine gun and then pulled out a sniper so that means phantoms could probly get a lisence to buy a michine gun so the avenger wont be at advantage wen hes close combat with a phantom just imagine u see a sniper and yur like haha and start jumping around and shooting then that sniper pulls out a machine gun and pawns u lol owned

that's exactly what can and probably will happen. All the classes can spend their license points in any way they want. That could include a sniper getting things to make him a better sniper, or getting a big machine gun to mow down anyone who tries to charge him.

And yeah if I went full out sniper, i'd probably run and cloak just as soon as I saw anyone turn and look at me lol. That is unless I was bold enough to make a stand and just rely on dodging skills and getting a shot off on the run etc.

I can imagine that lots of people will get the cloaking ability so I'm guessing just as many people are going to get heat vision It'll be funny to see snipers run off and cloak and then turn to see a giant enforcer running right at them anyway
Old 23-07-2007, 10:29 PM   #6 (permalink)

Well it was pretty much like that with BF2142... Everybody thought.. Camouflage, Awesome im gonna use it all the time! But then when game came out and people tried it, now it's rarely anyone uses it at all. Only some noobs who want to try it out.
Old 24-07-2007, 12:22 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneRussian View Post
Well it was pretty much like that with BF2142... Everybody thought.. Camouflage, Awesome im gonna use it all the time! But then when game came out and people tried it, now it's rarely anyone uses it at all. Only some noobs who want to try it out.
haha true. Not sure about how the camo is going to work in Huxley though so I guess we'll probably all end up trying it again and then if it sucks it'll get dumped just like in BF
Old 24-07-2007, 12:26 AM   #8 (permalink)

i use the camo rarely but it sucks cause u could cleary see a tham blury blob and i sniped a guy using camo and he said i hacked
Old 24-07-2007, 08:12 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by baddb0y93 View Post
i use the camo rarely but it sucks cause u could cleary see a tham blury blob and i sniped a guy using camo and he said i hacked

haha nice. I wouldn't mind the cloak in Huxley making you almost completely invisible while you were still. But I do think you should be at least a little visible when your moving around, and maybe completely visible for a few seconds when you shoot.

other than that they should just make people rely on heat vision.
Old 25-07-2007, 02:00 AM   #10 (permalink)

well if u use camo it should be like 2142 were u gata hold the camo thing in yor hand so if u change yur weapon u become visible... dis would stop sniper goin camo and snipes a guy 2 inches away from eachother and the other guy had no clue
Old 25-07-2007, 06:11 AM   #11 (permalink)

Well there is something for people who don't see cam people, i mean when i sit in Walker or other vehicle i can't view 360 degree right? So i cover what i can but when a recon comes and tries to blow me up with C4s, if they used Camo to come near me that's a big mistake since you can hear when the camo deactivates so i hear thatsound move from the place i was on and then kill him. Wonder if they will have somethig like that in Huxley. Ohh and yeah you could hear annoying sound of camo'ed recons which would make you aware that somebody is here
Old 27-07-2007, 04:18 AM   #12 (permalink)

Skaterepp is on a distinguished road

Insane.. lol u seem Sane enough to answer this..

Vista Exlusive? Or is XP able to run Huxley as well?
Old 12-10-2007, 07:42 PM   #13 (permalink)

shneb is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to shneb

id say phantoms might have like lets say an armoure slot that cools there boday temputure so heat vision cant see them but will slow there movement speed way down..