Huxley Game, Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter Game, MMOFPS

Subscribe to the forum RSS feed and keep up to date with all the latest posts!
Go Back   Huxley Forums > Huxley Forums > Huxley News

Huxley News This section of the forum is used to archive all our news and updates.

LinkBack (2) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2006, 10:02 PM   #41 (permalink)

LimpJedi is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to LimpJedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake
LimpJedi, I seriously beg to differ, as I believe nearly anyone else would.
I stand by what I said. Cause its all true!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-04-2006, 11:17 PM   #42 (permalink)

Drake is on a distinguished road

UT99 is probably close to Quake4, because Quake4 is slowed down and UT99 is as fast as UT has ever been. However, UT2K3/4/7 are all vastly slower than Q3/Q2/QW without a doubt. There is no denying this.
Old 08-04-2006, 01:56 AM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake
UT99 is probably close to Quake4, because Quake4 is slowed down and UT99 is as fast as UT has ever been. However, UT2K3/4/7 are all vastly slower than Q3/Q2/QW without a doubt. There is no denying this.
I have played Q3 and I do know that it is faster than both Quake 4 and UT2k4. However in UT2k4 with all the added Dodge, Wall, and Double jumping action there is no way Q4 can compare to its speed. I am starting to play Q4 now though. I think a friend of mine will be picking it up, hopefully he actually plays it for more than an hour before he gives up. Than we shall meet again!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-04-2006, 05:47 AM   #44 (permalink)

Well, to Quake4's defense it has crouch sliding which more or less eliminates any slowing down during cornering, something the UT series does in fact not have. I think once you get the hang of Q4 and master its movement you will find it to be quite comparable to UT in relation to speed.
Old 08-04-2006, 09:52 PM   #45 (permalink)

Atleast in UT I dont have to prance around like a little fag to go faster :lol:
Old 09-04-2006, 07:25 AM   #46 (permalink)

Yes, instead you hop around on walls like a monkey on crack. :P
Old 17-04-2006, 04:04 AM   #47 (permalink)
Training Grounds

Lombers is on a distinguished road

?Koreans and Chinese don?t demand a lot of diversity in their characters? appearances,? says Kim, ?but North Americans?who we?re designing Huxley for?are different, which is why we?re letting you customize your character?s facial features, hairstyle, and fashion.? When a tall-walking clan of champions swaggers by in tailor-made helmets and armor, you tend to talk. And when you see that the group has its own hall of heroes, clan flag flying overhead, it?s settled: You have to be one of the kids who?s doing his own thing.

Ahhh so true :P
Old 17-04-2006, 04:53 AM   #48 (permalink)

connnnn is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to connnnn

Speed is mostly relative.

If you put ut2k4 in maps that were more closed off relative to player scale (imagine aerowalk), it'd seem much faster than it does on the more wide open maps that are typically used.

Quake never had to worry about making room for shock combos, and you could spam around the corner more effectively. So tighter maps with more twists and turns were more effective, which seems faster because the scale is smaller.
Old 19-04-2006, 10:35 PM   #49 (permalink)
Training Grounds

Darkfall is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Darkfall

Quote:
Originally Posted by connnnn
Speed is mostly relative.

If you put ut2k4 in maps that were more closed off relative to player scale (imagine aerowalk), it'd seem much faster than it does on the more wide open maps that are typically used.

Quake never had to worry about making room for shock combos, and you could spam around the corner more effectively. So tighter maps with more twists and turns were more effective, which seems faster because the scale is smaller.
I would have to disagree speed is a good thing yes but when uyou have a clan come in whos practiced a strat and comes in blazing with another clan who just relise on speed and skill I hate to say it but my experiance in clan matches....a good strat vs speed tends to win out...granted speed may be a part of the strat but there is also positioning whos goin first (best shooters and quickest reflexes) and whos supporting them without that your high and dry and just another frag in the count
Old 28-11-2007, 10:27 PM   #50 (permalink)
Training Grounds

lilkrail93 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Infomation On Huxley & Lots of It

this isnt about unreal tournament or quake 3 & 4, this is about HUXLEY! so starting about the game's website we're on!