Huxley Game, Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter Game, MMOFPS

Subscribe to the forum RSS feed and keep up to date with all the latest posts!
Go Back   Huxley Forums > Huxley Forums > Huxley News

Huxley News This section of the forum is used to archive all our news and updates.

LinkBack (2) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2006, 08:06 PM   #21 (permalink)

Copenhagen is on a distinguished road

~Crickets Chirp~
Old 10-03-2006, 12:39 PM   #22 (permalink)
Training Grounds

boom4u is on a distinguished road

Yeah my A.D.D just kicked in, yeah dont care, just wanna blow stuff up. OMG
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 21-03-2006, 06:14 AM   #23 (permalink)
Training Grounds

hedgedog is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to hedgedog

God i wanna cry with joy.

From everything i am hearing this game is elite. only catch is you gatta have a 360.......or a pc but 360 is pretty much a pc...........but dang man anyone know what the playing style is like ..such as the combat and stuff or is that yet to be revieled with the buying of the game?

meh whatever all i can say is form what i hear Huxley is what halo2 should have been and never can be.

i cant' wati for this freaking Uber mmofpsrpg or what ever becasue it is ganna rock our worlds .......
Old 21-03-2006, 12:55 PM   #24 (permalink)

Lexion is an unknown quantity at this point

Style will be very UT and Quake oriented, fast paced action with less emphasis on strategy.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 28-03-2006, 10:23 PM   #25 (permalink)

Udonis is on a distinguished road

thanx gobbly for postin all this stuff.....without you wed be left in teh dark for information
Old 29-03-2006, 02:41 PM   #26 (permalink)
Training Grounds

P0INTMAN is on a distinguished road

nice, cant wait
Old 29-03-2006, 03:45 PM   #27 (permalink)

Kard is on a distinguished road

i drooled so much while reading this that i shorted out my keyboard :?

jk, but yar, ty for that, awesome read!
Old 29-03-2006, 08:02 PM   #28 (permalink)

Drake is on a distinguished road

Glad to see they are focusing on skill and not spam. I fear for all of those who play Huxley that have not played Quake.
Old 29-03-2006, 11:45 PM   #29 (permalink)

omg omg hax....lol I have one thing to say I have seen not only Huxley at webzen but also APB(basically Grand Theft Auto online) and im saying this SOE move the f*** over here comes Webzen.
Old 29-03-2006, 11:48 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake
Glad to see they are focusing on skill and not spam. I fear for all of those who play Huxley that have not played Quake.
hmm never played Quake Drake..... But since you said that im goin to go rent it....what system is it on....I pwn in BF2 and PS but im guessing it will be more towards the game quake and Unreal Tournament.
Old 30-03-2006, 01:38 AM   #31 (permalink)

Wait, what system is it on? Quake 1 - Quake 4 have all been on PC. Picking up Quake is very difficult if you have never played it before, because those who play Quake have a verrrry high skill level (for the most part), and whilst this seems like a rather subjective statement, you can ask anyone who has tried to pickup 1v1 or 4v4 quake action and ask them how frustrating it is.

BF2 and Planetside are good games and I have respect for them because of just that. However, if set in an arena, a Quake player versus a BF2 player, the Quake player would undoubtedly win, as Quake is geared much more towards incredibly fast, incredibly accurate and incredibly smart play, where the pressure is more on the individual's skills and not on relying on a teammates.

Moreover, this is why there is the notion of "A Quake player can play Counter Strike, but a Counter Strike player cannot play Quake." Whilst a Quake player has the individual skills necessary to move to a team based game that requires arguably less aim skills (as seen by some more known players such as destrukt, fatal1ty, etc.) than for a Counter Strike player who is used to teamplay and once again arguably less aim skill to move to a very aim/individual oriented game.

This is why Webzen often says "Well...Planetside is an FPS, but it isn't a real fps," and they refer to it as a "slower, militaristic shooter" rather than a ball breaking insanely high learning curve game such as their suggested "Quake and Unreal Tournament" which they seem to be aiming for.

However, I definately suggest you pick it up and give it a whirl, Quake 3 or Quake 4, and at least taste what it is like if not play it for a while, I guarantee you that it will give you an edge on any other FPS you play.
Old 30-03-2006, 02:18 AM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Wait, what system is it on? Quake 1 - Quake 4 have all been on PC. Picking up Quake is very difficult if you have never played it before, because those who play Quake have a verrrry high skill level (for the most part), and whilst this seems like a rather subjective statement, you can ask anyone who has tried to pickup 1v1 or 4v4 quake action and ask them how frustrating it is.

BF2 and Planetside are good games and I have respect for them because of just that. However, if set in an arena, a Quake player versus a BF2 player, the Quake player would undoubtedly win, as Quake is geared much more towards incredibly fast, incredibly accurate and incredibly smart play, where the pressure is more on the individual's skills and not on relying on a teammates.

Moreover, this is why there is the notion of "A Quake player can play Counter Strike, but a Counter Strike player cannot play Quake." Whilst a Quake player has the individual skills necessary to move to a team based game that requires arguably less aim skills (as seen by some more known players such as destrukt, fatal1ty, etc.) than for a Counter Strike player who is used to teamplay and once again arguably less aim skill to move to a very aim/individual oriented game.

This is why Webzen often says "Well...Planetside is an FPS, but it isn't a real fps," and they refer to it as a "slower, militaristic shooter" rather than a ball breaking insanely high learning curve game such as their suggested "Quake and Unreal Tournament" which they seem to be aiming for.

However, I definately suggest you pick it up and give it a whirl, Quake 3 or Quake 4, and at least taste what it is like if not play it for a while, I guarantee you that it will give you an edge on any other FPS you play.

KK man thanx for teh info although I play at a fast paced speed when I play BF2 i realize the it is mostly team oriented and I need to learn to play solo easier.... I will pick this up and probably rent UT from Blockbuster or somtin....once again thanx for info.
Old 30-03-2006, 02:51 AM   #33 (permalink)

Np man, if you need a practice partner..let me know Can show you the ropes.
Old 30-03-2006, 06:10 PM   #34 (permalink)

Shinta is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedgedog
a pc but 360 is pretty much a pc
I'll ignore that... :?
Old 30-03-2006, 07:05 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Udonis
Quote:

KK man thanx for teh info although I play at a fast paced speed when I play BF2 i realize the it is mostly team oriented and I need to learn to play solo easier.... I will pick this up and probably rent UT from Blockbuster or somtin....once again thanx for info.
Yea pick up UT first... get some onslaught games going... that'll give you more space to learn and pick your engagements. Then after you pick up the basics, get into deathmatch play, and then transition into Q4.
Old 30-03-2006, 10:24 PM   #36 (permalink)

Thinking back I agree with Kard - a gameplay type such as onslaught would really help ease you into the deathmatch genre. As he said, learning to pick your fights and start to develop a much more twitch/flick aiming style will benefit you before taking upon learning a strict 1v1 deathmatch scenario. The benefit also comes in the fact that when you are in a 1v1 deathmatch game, and playing a good opponent, you often CAN'T pick your fights if you don't really have a great grasp on the game. It sounds a bit simple on paper, but in practice it is incredibly complex.
Old 04-04-2006, 09:04 PM   #37 (permalink)
Training Grounds

LuckyPSD is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Infomation On Huxley & Lots of It

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobbly2100
One of our babies?call it the delayed-action sniper rifle?shoots time-bomb bullets,? Kim says. ?Get hit, and you?ll hear a beeping sound for five seconds and then blow up. Plus, when one player takes a slug, other party members can hear the countdown, too?it puts ?em into a panic as they try to sort out who bit the bullet and get clear before it goes boom.?
I think I just had a evilgasm :D

This... I cant wait for.
Old 05-04-2006, 07:01 AM   #38 (permalink)

LimpJedi is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to LimpJedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kard
Quote:
Quote:

Yea pick up UT first... get some onslaught games going... that'll give you more space to learn and pick your engagements. Then after you pick up the basics, get into deathmatch play, and then transition into Q4.
Q4 is much easier and slower than UT in every way. Why would someone play UT than go onto Quake? If anything it should be Quake than UT.
Old 05-04-2006, 02:59 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimpJedi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kard
Quote:
Quote:

Q4 is much easier and slower than UT in every way. Why would someone play UT than go onto Quake? If anything it should be Quake than UT.
like i said... onslaught is an easier transition into the world of DM's.
Old 07-04-2006, 05:40 PM   #40 (permalink)

LimpJedi, I seriously beg to differ, as I believe nearly anyone else would.