Huxley Game, Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter Game, MMOFPS

Subscribe to the forum RSS feed and keep up to date with all the latest posts!
Go Back   Huxley Forums > Huxley Forums > Huxley News

Huxley News This section of the forum is used to archive all our news and updates.

LinkBack (8) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2008, 05:25 AM   #21 (permalink)
Training Grounds

chesterdjester is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Games Radar Preview Huxley!

well, thats why you form clans, guilds and etc.... you notice once your a high rank in those games the people who have a well organized clan is usually the winner.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-01-2008, 03:37 PM   #22 (permalink)
Training Grounds

Siberian is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Udonis View Post
while id be disappointed you all have to see maybe why their doing this.....

I used to play BF2 and at first i wanted to play the 64 v 64 matches....In all reality though their not fun....their's no teamwork and the only thing everyone wants to do is get the armored tank or plane so they can rack up the kills and improve their rank.... i find the 16 v 16 more "realistic" and "tactical" but that's just my opinion.
If you spread 200 people across a map that is a few thousand feet wide it stay tactical. However wether or not vehicles are randomly spawned also makes a difference. As far as 20v 20 why pay for a game that has those limitations when there are plenty of free games that offer the same thing?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-01-2008, 10:54 PM   #23 (permalink)

Decent_xVICIOUSx is on a distinguished road

Have you seen the videos siberian??? you obviously havent go watch them and lemme know if yer opinion changed about huxley
Old 03-01-2008, 03:06 AM   #24 (permalink)
Training Grounds

Yes I have seen the videos. To What part of my opinion are you refferring ?
Old 03-01-2008, 10:35 PM   #25 (permalink)

D0gSoldi3r is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Udonis View Post
while id be disappointed you all have to see maybe why their doing this.....

I used to play BF2 and at first i wanted to play the 64 v 64 matches....In all reality though their not fun....their's no teamwork and the only thing everyone wants to do is get the armored tank or plane so they can rack up the kills and improve their rank.... i find the 16 v 16 more "realistic" and "tactical" but that's just my opinion.
I'd love to see the BF2 servers you go to, don't you mean 32 v 32 in a 64 player game, Cause BF2 is my favourite game (2142 sucks balls) And most of the gamers i game with love to be grunts and get dirty in the soil as the sniper or medic so i strongly disagree with you saying that all the BF2 players are vehicle sluts. I could count the amount of times i've been in a tank or plane in 4 seconds but it would take me about 400 hrs too count how long i was infantry.

P.s if you hate bf2 vehicles that much. Just choose servers with zero vehicles.
Old 04-01-2008, 08:12 AM   #26 (permalink)

Udonis is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by D0gSoldi3r View Post
I'd love to see the BF2 servers you go to, don't you mean 32 v 32 in a 64 player game, Cause BF2 is my favourite game (2142 sucks balls) And most of the gamers i game with love to be grunts and get dirty in the soil as the sniper or medic so i strongly disagree with you saying that all the BF2 players are vehicle sluts. I could count the amount of times i've been in a tank or plane in 4 seconds but it would take me about 400 hrs too count how long i was infantry.

P.s if you hate bf2 vehicles that much. Just choose servers with zero vehicles.
ok mister literal when you use the term saying all people do this you dont "literally" mean that all people in the group necessarilly are (ex. "All politicians are corrupt" Im sure their are a few decent individuals. Its a term smartazz).

Im a ground soldier as well (id pwn anyone with support no matter the gun).

I never said i hate vehicles at all, and i play on the normal servers.

You being in a tank for four second doesnt mean your a armor whore, you obviously dont know what i mean by it (n00b).
Old 04-01-2008, 09:49 AM   #27 (permalink)

SurfnBird is on a distinguished road

yea i would be sad if they didnt deliver on the 100vs100 being as ive been looking forward to that for so long like a year and a half for this and to get 20vs20 would suck but hell the game looks fucking great.
Old 04-01-2008, 03:02 PM   #28 (permalink)

eclipsedmind is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to eclipsedmind

We all complain about others when they do something you wanted to do eh?Like when they take the sniper rifle or the rocket launcher,or perhaps when they take the "ooper-dooper 3000k" gun.We all have to live with it.But guys image that times 100.I think it is time for a bit of change,like ranked games?or perhaps a system which lets you rate people on thier effectiveness towards the team and the victoy standards?
Old 05-01-2008, 05:05 AM   #29 (permalink)

Sounds complicated im not sure webzen would be capable of adding such a feature
Old 05-01-2008, 05:17 AM   #30 (permalink)

YouTube - Huxley Mission ambush

i thought this was a good vid
had sum good weapons also had thermo vision gues we know how to spot invisible snipers now also the custimization looked detalied for body and face and does it have pistols? i have not seen any yet
Old 05-01-2008, 02:29 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decent_xVICIOUSx View Post
YouTube - Huxley Mission ambush

i thought this was a good vid
had sum good weapons also had thermo vision gues we know how to spot invisible snipers now also the custimization looked detalied for body and face and does it have pistols? i have not seen any yet
Ha ha glad you liked it, wonder who put that on youtube FYI He (me) added more videos on Youtube today check his video list.

P.S The quality version of that youtube video is sucky, Go to ww.ArmouredDragons.com for the high quality version of it. The exact link to the high quality version of that video is below, if you do decide to stay and browse then i suggest you retype Armoured dragons or you will get errors on the pages.

Huxley ambush video high quality

Last edited by D0gSoldi3r; 05-01-2008 at 03:17 PM.
Old 05-01-2008, 04:29 PM   #32 (permalink)
Training Grounds

BadBug is on a distinguished road

20 v 20 or 100 v 100 I'm still planing to get it
I love the idea of persistent worlds. This is the perfect game for those FPS players that have a close group of people that have been playing with for years.
Be afraid of The Drunken Clam
Old 05-01-2008, 05:09 PM   #33 (permalink)

Even if there going to charge you money, cause most of the veteran fans know there intending a monthly subscription. And i can assure you that nobody will pay a monthly subscription for 20 v 20, I can pretty much wrap that up and guarantee you that.
Old 05-01-2008, 08:35 PM   #34 (permalink)

I saw a Huxley vid that saw 40v40 another that said 100v100 idk anymore and a 20v20 would be a waste of time
Old 06-01-2008, 07:47 AM   #35 (permalink)
Training Grounds

20v20 would suck... if your gonna do that play any BF game, or Gunz or something with small skirmishes, I'd rather have huge emense epic battles with 100v100, imagine the awesome of it all.... and you all don't seem to realise, this game does have more than pvp.... it is in fact like half RPG
Old 07-01-2008, 02:46 AM   #36 (permalink)
Training Grounds

S.H.O.D.A.N. is on a distinguished road

20v20... yea, that alone would not be a good thing to warrant a monthly fee, but you forget that this feature is not alone, this game offering much more then just "how big of a battle we can get" finally a MMO that isn't click and wait attacking. Planetside drew me because I thought, finally a MMO that is FPS... Bah... A poor attempt at a mass BF2 type game play. Good idea, poor delivery. Huxley is actually claiming a MMO with FPS traits, and being that its running off the UTIII Engine, at least we know the fragging part of it will be easy and fun.. well easy to learn anyway. Honestly, can you guys expect, even with the greatest, $10,000 computer, that a 100v100 match will be nothing less then a total, strobe light, seizure inducing, lag fest of total chaos? Yes its a great idea, but there is such a thing as too much, even for a game. 20v20 is rather small, but, looking at how game devlopers are releasing half finished products(thank you very much Bill Hates) I would be happy if the game came out working great, even if battles only go as far as 20v20, but, that would be a large oversight of Webzen left it at that. Honestly, I would be flabbergasted if I saw a successful and fun implementation of 200 people in a match fragging the living shit out of each other...Come on people, don't throw a fit and say "I wont get it" if its only 20v20 matches... Picky Picky Picky :P
Old 07-01-2008, 04:03 AM   #37 (permalink)
Training Grounds

I would not pay for 20 vs 20 and I think alot of people feel that way. If sony could produce something six years ago that could support 450 people in a three way fight there is no reason that webzen cant do something that can't handle 200 people. Even with all the extra eye candy it should be possible. Lets hope they dont sacrifice content and game play for visual effect.
Old 07-01-2008, 07:42 AM   #38 (permalink)
Training Grounds

yeah... thats true, but god help us if stupid people running dial-up start to play >.> I hate that, can't coordinate anything if you have anyone running Dial-up specially if its an Enforcer, those are like the tanks of other games I'd assume, if our tank isn't out in front to get shot and not get me shot then we are all screwed... specially them Phantoms
Old 07-01-2008, 08:22 AM   #39 (permalink)

impulsive is on a distinguished road
Question Re: Games Radar Preview Huxley!

I forget will there be a day and nite system every few hours?
Old 08-01-2008, 07:09 AM   #40 (permalink)
Training Grounds

I think it depends on the time of day, so like if its midnight then the virtual world would be all nightish, thats how WoW runs it anyways....