Huxley Game, Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter Game, MMOFPS

Subscribe to the forum RSS feed and keep up to date with all the latest posts!
Go Back   Huxley Forums > Huxley Forums > Huxley General

Huxley General This is the Huxley general discussion area where most talk regarding Huxley is done.
Sub Forums: Huxley PC Forum - Huxley Xbox 360 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26-04-2009, 06:25 PM   #1 (permalink)

WheredPlanetsidego is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to WheredPlanetsidego
Default Re: Huxley isn't what i thought it would be

In my mind, this is the most anticipated mmofps in a while. Once Planetside was done, you had your online shooters, but noone incorporated vehicles,terrain,weapons,communications,leveling like that game. Hopefully Huxley:Dystopia will do just that.
P.S. Silly question. Will it be compatible with Ventrilo?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 29-03-2009, 02:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
Training Grounds

hedgedog is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to hedgedog

With bgs having player caps it makes it extremly difficult to enable openworld enviroment to just join when ever you feel like it..along with actually getting to the bgs especially if there is going to be a large number of them...where you ganna put them all in a open world enivroment? The stream trains is one of the better alternatives i can think up.

I agree with SCT1981 a monthly fee would definetly dissuade me from buying but this Dystopia is looking really fun.

And as for the original thread topic. What is ever what we expect it to be?
Personally I'm just expecting it to be better then what i expect it to be. :D
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 24-04-2009, 12:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
Training Grounds

StrykZone is on a distinguished road

theres no point complaining about an open world, it would just lag like hell. if you want a game that is completely perfect, i suggest making it yourself. i think these guys have done great with what they have, and in like 5 years, who knows? maybe even 1000player battles in future games. doesnt surprise me since its only 10 or so years since the ps1 release.
Old 25-04-2009, 05:06 PM   #4 (permalink)

KrazyKain is on a distinguished road

as long as theres a nice balance between pve and pvp i'll enjoy this even without the open world
Old 26-04-2009, 03:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
Training Grounds

GorillAxPuncH is on a distinguished road

Personaly i wanted slower skill based game play instead they are making unreal tournament 3 with a rpg element added to it.......if your gonna make a mmofps it should definitely have a more realistic physical feel to it.. people jumping up and down all round shooting random rockets at places people could be and having all this "twitch" shooter b/s is just a waste.. i waited since 2006 just to play somthing that has already came out (UT3) AWESOME *sarcasm* im pissed off..
Old 26-04-2009, 03:32 PM   #6 (permalink)

Chaddledee is on a distinguished road

Everyone seems to have their own idea of how the game was going to be but they told us exactly what it would be like from the start, and from what we've seen, they've stuck by their word extremely closely. Anyone who thinks the game isn't what they thought it would be were either gravely misinformed or living in their own little dream world.

Old 26-04-2009, 03:46 PM   #7 (permalink)

makavelli914 is on a distinguished road

Umm.. You're completely wrong. The game is NOTHING like it was originally supposed to be so please don't talk because I started following the game 4 years ago. First of all, the game was supposed to be released like 3 years ago. Secondly, (and here's where you're wrong) the game was supposed to be seamlessly open ended with the option of BGs which could host 200+ people. As well as many other things, the game completely strayed off from what was originally intended. So basically, everythings watered down, it's not a real MMO, and it chose the worst format of shooter. This will be FAR from skillbased gameplay. Unreal Tournament is a run and gun spamfest shooter, what its players consider skill is actually just knowing a map and where the good guns are, but since huxley is going to have progressive gear... its pretty obvious there will be no skill and just a matter of who has the better guns and perks. All I know is I lost my interest in this game a long time ago and pretty much all MMO's for that matter. I'll stick to waiting for ARMA 2 and OFP 2.
Old 26-04-2009, 06:47 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by makavelli914 View Post
Umm.. You're completely wrong. The game is NOTHING like it was originally supposed to be so please don't talk because I started following the game 4 years ago. First of all, the game was supposed to be released like 3 years ago. Secondly, (and here's where you're wrong) the game was supposed to be seamlessly open ended with the option of BGs which could host 200+ people. As well as many other things, the game completely strayed off from what was originally intended. So basically, everythings watered down, it's not a real MMO, and it chose the worst format of shooter. This will be FAR from skillbased gameplay. Unreal Tournament is a run and gun spamfest shooter, what its players consider skill is actually just knowing a map and where the good guns are, but since huxley is going to have progressive gear... its pretty obvious there will be no skill and just a matter of who has the better guns and perks. All I know is I lost my interest in this game a long time ago and pretty much all MMO's for that matter. I'll stick to waiting for ARMA 2 and OFP 2.
way to show your ignorance :D

this game was always intended to be unreal tournament style.. and the dodge bunnyhop style of gameplay DOES require skill.. and this game was ALWAYS going to be instanced... now i agree i imagined it being a seemless world.. but now tell me.. when and where did they announce it was going to be seemless? i've been following this since it appeared on webzen and wasnt properly announced and they never outright that its going to be seemless... we all just hoped and assumed it would be.

frankly i think Huxley was never ment for you and gamers like you. Arma and operation flashpoint are realism based. Quake and unreal (and huxley) are about big guns and stupid speed (and if you think its just spam based luck... i'd love to see you take on a pro, you wouldnt know what to do without your ironsights)
Old 26-04-2009, 03:57 PM   #9 (permalink)

Once again, it was NEVER said it would be seamless. People assumed that when they were told it was an MMORPG fused with an FPS. Despite the release being delayed a lot, the game is exactly what they said it would be, an MMORPG fused with a twitch action FPS run on the Unreal 3 engine.

Old 26-04-2009, 09:17 PM   #10 (permalink)

Kintaro is on a distinguished road

i think we should all calm a bit down... we've waited for so long to give up hope now? huxley beeing instanced is not such a big deal. never thought it wouldn't! i think the "one huge map-world" thing will bring nothing more than tones of lag and affect the game quality and speed in a very bad way. besides i think keeping the game stages separated with "transport trains" will help the gamers through leveling and much more. tabula rasa was like that and although i was used in playing vast environment-one single map games like Lineage2 i got over it with tabula rasa and i saw the advantage of instances. the BG limit is a bit frastrating though but 200 gamers is not that low if you give it a better thought and it can be fixed later on with new patches. i dont think it would be free2play. big games like huxley are never free. all of you that get dissapointed in huxley's gameplay i think you got the game wrong from the very begining. its a huge fps with the element of rpg being around just for the meeting points. to organize and personalize your toon. if you want another mmorpg you dont need to look too far ... there are tones out there. all i see is a future hardcore fast pace killing simulation that is at least worth buying just to figure out BY MY SELF if it does the job it was promised by the devs! looking like unreal tournament makes it even better. you will use your own skills. how fast your reflexes are and how fast you can click or jump and aim at the same time. who needs a dozen of ingame skills anyway.... bring on the pure killing pleasure of changing one mag after the other untill you are the only one still standing (!) the best skill is a bullet right between the eyes!!!! LOL (my humble opinion as always :D)
Old 27-04-2009, 01:12 AM   #11 (permalink)
Training Grounds

reed is on a distinguished road

I'm not going to join in on the argument of what it was or wasn't / will or wont be. I just want to throw this out there. It's been said the game will more than likely be F2P, however to my knowledge it was never confirmed by NHN. If it is... and it's on ijji, there is a good chance a lot of 13 year old's will end up playing. I don't want to offend any little kids out there, but most of the time your way too damn annoying. I'm 20 years old...I want to find some people 17+ to enjoy this game with. Honestly age doesn't matter too much to me, just don't act like a douche. To answer planetsides question, Ventrilo is a third party program. Meaning it will work on any game you want to play, because it's another program your running.

Last edited by reed; 27-04-2009 at 01:18 AM.
Old 27-04-2009, 07:19 AM   #12 (permalink)

True reed, but twitch action FPS is a noob-repellent. To advance in Huxley, you just do PvP. I'm sure if you try playing something like QuakeLive, you'd see what I mean. 10 year old noobs don't play twitch action games.

Old 27-04-2009, 09:47 AM   #13 (permalink)
Training Grounds

reed is on a distinguished road

Well I actually play ut3 every now and again and there are a few annoying kids on there, however you're quite right they arn't very good at all . My only concern is the fact that the BG's will affect our races economy. I like this idea, but if you get too many idiots on your side...

Last edited by reed; 27-04-2009 at 10:00 AM.
Old 27-04-2009, 02:58 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaddledee View Post
True reed, but twitch action FPS is a noob-repellent. To advance in Huxley, you just do PvP. I'm sure if you try playing something like QuakeLive, you'd see what I mean. 10 year old noobs don't play twitch action games.

are you kidding me? 12 years olds are some of the best Call of duty 2 players ><

or when you say twitch action do you mean arcade style quake/UT rather then realism based CS/Cod?

oh and btw.. yes there will be loads of immature morons if this game is free.. but thats why you join a good clan.. not just for teh competitive side, simply because if you join a 16+ only clan, your garunteed to have some mature people to play with.
Old 27-04-2009, 12:42 PM   #15 (permalink)

Kintaro is on a distinguished road

noobs are good!! they 'll do just fine for aiming practise !!!! hahahahaha i'll agree with reed on this one. i'd prefer having some mature players on my side better than spoiled litle brats with no sense at all. there are exceptions to that tho' ! i've come across some really good underaged players that just took sh-it too seriously! (LOL) Oh! and there is also TeamSpeak for third party voice chat! and you are right again, it has nothing to do with the game you play coz it's an entirely different program! anyone know if Huxley will support ingame voice chat? tabula rasa had one and was nothing but great! :D
Old 27-04-2009, 10:16 PM   #16 (permalink)

Killzorz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kintaro View Post
there are exceptions to that tho' ! i've come across some really good underaged players that just took sh-it too seriously! (LOL)

FINALLY! someone that understands me!! :D
Old 13-05-2009, 05:38 AM   #17 (permalink)
Training Grounds

Blitzkrieg is on a distinguished road

Also.. talk about seamless? HAH.. look at Wintergrasp in World of Warcraft a seamless area(PvP area), go there and you will be destroyed by lag.
Old 13-05-2009, 06:02 AM   #18 (permalink)
Training Grounds

Azure is on a distinguished road

I'll judge the game when I start playing it, but my first impression of the game was that we would be in a huge city with vendors and other players around to interact with, and then in order to head out into word we would go through tunnels or via vehicles (in this case, trains) out to a large, open battlefield with trenches and foxholes and such (bordered by mountains), or a maze-like sewer system. I got this impression from the first trailer I saw, and so far, not much has changed, based on what I've seen from the G4 walk-through. I was a little disappointed in the instance world, the PvE area, in that it just looked like a big, up-hill tunnel. Maybe it was a cave, I dunno, but it looked very linear. I was hoping for something more open. And the PvP arena was small and claustrophobic, and was basically a room. Never mind the masses of people that will be running around fighting. Complete chaos.

Despite all that, it IS just a beta, and the very first that will be coming to North America. This is what betas are for, for the devs to get an idea on what the players think they should improve upon, both with bugs and playability, as well as the environment.

Even so, I agree with Grind and Chaddledee. In a FPS it would be near immpossible for there to be the traditional loading system of just popping up in an area. Likewise, adding loading screens would just break the immersiveness of the FPS. These trains, where players can talk and interact, is the best compromise they could come up with. They probably won't even last very long, either. Maybe half a minute, and boom! Hybrids everywhere! Shoot or die! Life or death!
Old 13-05-2009, 06:35 AM   #19 (permalink)
Training Grounds

Dra6o0n is on a distinguished road

Noobs and annoying players will always exist, whether it is free or not. And besides, that kind of thinking won't get Huxley it's needed attention if it were to become a subscription game (like some mmos). You get much more attention from the media if its free.

People should stop being so selfish, trying to make the developers create a game work just for a certain group... It doesn't always work like that.
Old 15-05-2009, 07:28 AM   #20 (permalink)
Training Grounds

CidCaldensfey is on a distinguished road

tl;dr version: Huxley is what it was supposed to be since day one although the trailer footage, like every other trailer out there, was misleading (At least misleading like every other MULTIPLAYER trailer). If you thought differently, you are wrong.

I was just browsing the forums since I just watched some new gameplay footage (last time I saw anything was in '06).

Honestly, Huxley is really just a glorified FPS with an interactive lobby and RPG system. Grant it, the supposed 200 player instanced maps do sound attractive but the game itself is most likely going to lack any actual depth to it due the type of gameplay this game is catered towards; twitch style.

Obviously, if you enjoyed Unreal Tournament 3 and are happy with very simple game modes, and want an 'mmo' feel to it, Huxley is going to be your bag. But if you want something in terms of an actual continueing war with strategy and organization over twitch-style gameplay, this will not work. This isn't Planetside and it will never be like Planetside.

Basically, this is a casual gamer's MMOFPS. Even so the developers never stated this was going to be anything other than what they intended it to be so far. It's stayed on course since day one. The '06 footage is of course misleading, since the actual gameplay is -nothing- like that but whatever.

It's rare for trailer footage to be anything like the actual end product though when it comes to multiplayer games. Take the Planetside trailer for example, you see CR5s in the sanctuary giving orders to groups on the field as well as outfits assembling outside the HART facility. Since when did you ever ACTUALLY see anything like that happen? Practically never. All the CR5s were on the field as well aside from almost all of the outfits. The sanctuaries were practically ghost towns.

Last edited by CidCaldensfey; 15-05-2009 at 07:35 AM.