Huxley Game, Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter Game, MMOFPS

Subscribe to the forum RSS feed and keep up to date with all the latest posts!
Go Back   Huxley Forums > Huxley Forums > Huxley General

Huxley General This is the Huxley general discussion area where most talk regarding Huxley is done.
Sub Forums: Huxley PC Forum - Huxley Xbox 360 Forum

LinkBack (14) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28-06-2008, 05:31 PM   12 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Guyver is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Guyver
Default Re: I am playing beta.

EXCELLENT QUESTION DREW!
I have a camera. And for the great idea, I won't just make it a gameplay video, but a video REVIEW!!!! Tonight I will:

TONIGHT!!!! WE DINE!!!!! IN HELLLLLLLL!!!!! OR DENNY'S.................. OR WAFFLE HOUSE..... IF THEY ARE OPEN!!!!!!
Old 28-06-2008, 05:45 PM   #2 (permalink)

Fox_Makenshi is on a distinguished road

Also I'm writing up a guide for the Alt side of the beta. I know the Sap side is similar but I don't know if it's the same. I know for a fact that it changes when you get to the main city.

Love,
Fox Makenshi
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 28-06-2008, 09:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
Training Grounds

ysungsick is on a distinguished road

Fraps is better than camera.. much easier
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 30-06-2008, 03:10 PM   #4 (permalink)

Craniel is on a distinguished road

Hey Guyver, could you post your system specs and tell us how smoothly the game runs? it would be greatly appreciated.
Old 14-07-2008, 04:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
Training Grounds

xDEKANx is on a distinguished road
Default Re: I Am Playing Beta

one word, Gatling gun/Mini gun/chain gun?!?!?! (and u said any class can use?)

lol that was more than one word but u know what i mean

Edit: can i tell i play Planetside TR :P
(not as fun as it usto be but server merge made it alot more fun)
Old 28-06-2008, 10:40 PM   #6 (permalink)

Grind is on a distinguished road

The more answers we can get the better :D

1. So a while ago I saw a screenshot of someone standing on a slanted surface, and both of their feet where on the ground (as in one foot was on higher ground and one foot was on lower ground), unlike most games where one foot is on the ground and the other just kind of hovers over the lower ground. I know it's a weird question but is that how it is in the game? Like when your walking down stairs, do your feet actually go down the stairs? to the point where you could have 1 foot on 1 stair and the other foot on a lower stair? dumb question but I'm curious lol.

Good to see you tried to establish communication lol. I know you're basically playing a multiplayer game as a singleplayer game which can get kind of boring. But at least you'll be a pro when the US beta comes out :D

2. Have you died in PvE yet? if so do you just respawn?

ty for the pic of the world map :D, I'm kind of stuck on the idea of territory control so I'm excited to see any information that might lead to there being that kind of thing in Huxley. And I like the random words here and there in english lol.

3. And about the world map, can you click around on it? Like can you go into the territories and who controls what or something like that? or is it just kind of...for show

lol @ Waffle House
Old 29-06-2008, 01:25 AM   #7 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Well Yes and no to the first question. I haven't noticed myself do it because I only cared about killing Hybrids and HLO's. BUT I have seen players like that when they stand on separate surfaces.

Depending on what the quest and instance standards are - you have a set amount of lives. Once those lives are gone I had no idea what to do - so i just disconnected and went back into the server.

Yes the world map you can click around and stuff- as for territory wars , I couldn't tell you what was owned by who yet man - all I've learned so far is the exit button lol

As for being a pro. I'm no pro, but let's just say I can do a C rank instance with E and D rank gear. Oh yeah - living my life is only for the tough.

As for my friend ysungsick's idea of using fraps. There's a difference between gameplay video and video review - reviews is when the player talks about the ups and downs of the game.
Old 29-06-2008, 02:54 AM   #8 (permalink)

Good to hear about the separate surfaces :D

"so i just disconnected and went back into the server." lol that works, hopefully there's some kind of "You Failed!" so you can restart or something.

Glad you can click around the territories lol. And looking forward to your review :D

oh, do you have any special ability things (double jump etc.) yet?
Old 29-06-2008, 05:06 AM   #9 (permalink)

You start out with a super speed ability no matter what.

Love,
Fox Makenshi
Old 29-06-2008, 10:39 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox_Makenshi View Post
You start out with a super speed ability no matter what.

Love,
Fox Makenshi
lots of low lvls sprinting around lol.

Apparently others who are in the beta can't join any of the PvP battles because their latency is too high (the beta being in korea and all) so I guess we'll just have to wait our turn for that part of the game.

Unless someone figures out a way to fix it (doesn't seem like there would be a way to fix that though)
Old 29-06-2008, 02:24 AM   #11 (permalink)
Training Grounds

ysungsick is on a distinguished road

just wondering how one could take video and play at the same time lol
i'v never seen any video reviews before so i thought you would play it
and then dub the audio over it. now i get how it's done :D

btw i figured out the minimum requirement
all people waiting for PC version, make sure you have at least:

pixel shader 3.0 supported graphics card (very important)
-Nvidia's geForce 6600 is minimum, but the equivalent radeon 9800 series ~ X700
don't support pixel shader 3.0...

256 MB video memory
-most laptop graphics not designed for gaming have 128MB or 256MB shared..
even though Webzen developers optimize the game, 128MB would cause unplayable lags..

Also radeon HD series owners...Huxley is designed for geForce I guess...
most people with ati cards have a lot of graphic quality issues in Korea.
They say X1950XTX works better than HD series...a lot of driver optimiztion needed..
Webzen is testing Ati's now, but just make sure if you're going to get one for Huxley, get geForce.
Nvidia made a contract to Webzen, after all.
Old 29-06-2008, 11:22 AM   #12 (permalink)
opp
Training Grounds

opp is on a distinguished road

Bypassing the buggy enemies and the language barrier, do you guys think the game is promising? Is it any fun? Is it just an unreal tournament game? Is it just hype? Is it gonna be huge? Just give me your most honest reply...~! I really appreciate that hehhe THANKS~!
Old 29-06-2008, 04:06 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by opp View Post
Bypassing the buggy enemies and the language barrier, do you guys think the game is promising? Is it any fun? Is it just an unreal tournament game? Is it just hype? Is it gonna be huge? Just give me your most honest reply...~! I really appreciate that hehhe THANKS~!
It has a ton of potential. Aside from using the UT3 Engine I don't think it shares that much with UT. It's definitely not as fast, which is good IMO. I've only played the PvE but it's very promising. Unlike every generic MMO out there, Huxley doesn't limit it's objectives to kill and collecting. Special quests have you doing things like flying the aircraft through an area, killing the enemies and then closing the cave that they come from. Another one has you helping an NPC repair a broken teleporter.

Love,
Fox Makenshi
Old 29-06-2008, 08:08 PM   #14 (permalink)
Super Moderator

OK I came in late on the video review because a friend invited me to go see WALL.E --- and I got to tell you. It was worth it. Sure, I'm sorry for that, but still - that movie was GOOD -- all caps in good : GOOD.

OK I'll be glad to say that I will, no matter what be working on the video review tonight. NO LIE. NO BUTS.

To answer some questions I saw, Yeah everyone gets sprint. I have a helm skill slot that tell me when an enemy is behind me when playing -- THIS IS SUPER USEFUL FOR PHANTOMS. I can't tell you how many times a hybrid spawn tried to get the jump on me and this skill alerts me.
I have increased firing stability on my hands -- so its easier to shoot in the same spot. Kinda like if you need to line up a head shot and the first one misses, you dont have to move the mouse far from the original spot. Very handy.

I have cloaking. SUPER USEFUL- In PvE I may be fighting like 5 guys and I just cloak... they all don't know where I am and start wandering around --- While stealthed I line up a head shot on one that's seperated from the group or has a more threatening role. Then BOOM HEADSHOT----- then I wait 2 secs stealth back and take the next one out... I have a feeling it might be patched soon, but god damn it feels awesome.

And for my pant's slot I have a Hologram skill. So far PvE NPC's haven't noticed the difference. So I'm thinking this skill is PvP only. It generates a Holographic self that just stands there. No moving, no shooting, just stands there.

As for the sprint.... because of my upgraded armor-- I can run for EVER. I'm talking 10 sec sprints --- no cool down -- turn it on and off as I please.

I'm really beginning to get good at this PvE and I'll show you in my video if it doesn't decide to crash mid instance.

It's weird, before any patches really the game worked fine, but the latest patches I think are causing some issues.
Old 29-06-2008, 09:47 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guyver View Post
OK I came in late on the video review because a friend invited me to go see WALL.E --- and I got to tell you. It was worth it. Sure, I'm sorry for that, but still - that movie was GOOD -- all caps in good : GOOD.
hahaha I went to see WALL•E as well. It WAS definitely worth it :D

That's awesome that you already have a bunch of socket items, it sounds like your character is getting some good customizations already.

1. Can you shoot when you sprint?

That hologram skill would definitely be fun in PvP (someones chasing you. You run around a corner and plant your hologram, they go ZOMG!)
Old 29-06-2008, 08:12 PM   #16 (permalink)

I dunno, it fixed a couple of things for me. Before the latest patch I couldn't use the terminals to replay bot death matches and every time I closed Huxley my computer would restart.

Love,
Fox Makenshi
Old 29-06-2008, 08:38 PM   #17 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Really? Wow major issue with the restarts. Are you vista perhaps? lol

BTW anyone mind translating these two quest to the right of the pic? I have no idea what to do now lol.

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/1661/helpbd0.jpg

Also, anyone mind telling me what the Tune Up NPC's are about. And those blue crystals I have tons of? I'm assuming that's lunarite.
http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/3372/tuneupyj5.jpg

Last edited by Guyver; 29-06-2008 at 09:06 PM.
Old 29-06-2008, 10:51 PM   #18 (permalink)
Super Moderator

YEs you can shoot while sprinted but you just can't zoom in.
The screen looks SUPER bad @$$ Everything looks like it's on NOS at 500 MPH.
Old 30-06-2008, 12:53 AM   #19 (permalink)

hahaha that's awesome.

That seems kind of intense, like it would be hard to hit someone that's sprinting around shooting at you. But I guess if everyone can have it, it doesn't really matter lol.

Hopefully they do something with that cloaking socket. A 2 second cooldown seems a little too forgiving.

1. Have you noticed any changes in the city as you play? I'm sure we all read about how the standard of living is supposed to go down (or something like that) if your faction loses certain battles or areas, but we never really figured out what that meant.

WTB screenshot of an army of holograms :D. have your entire team of 100 bust out their holograms and set them up on the front lines. I'll probably have to wait a while for that though
Old 30-06-2008, 03:01 AM   #20 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Max holograms is 3 I think and that's for A class. My stealth has a 3 sec cooldown.

I haven't noticed a single different thing. The sad part is I don't even see NPC vehicles running around going to the areas and stuff like there was in the 2006 demonstration video. Shame.

I've been looking for my "said" appartment yet have not found it.... shame.