Huxley Game, Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter Game, MMOFPS

Subscribe to the forum RSS feed and keep up to date with all the latest posts!
Go Back   Huxley Forums > Huxley Forums > Huxley General

Huxley General This is the Huxley general discussion area where most talk regarding Huxley is done.
Sub Forums: Huxley PC Forum - Huxley Xbox 360 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-02-2006, 07:32 PM   #1 (permalink)

Murph is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Murph

ya i agree with the fee... but there will always be the kids with their parents CreditCard who will be playing and start Tking randomly jsut to make him and friends laugh.... i mean their shouldnt be a penalty unless its FF in a rapid Succession like walk up to a guy and just pump full of ammo should be punished..

my idea is that they set it up so that the server recognizes how many shots where put into the Friendly by the other friendly and by that determine deliberate/accidental TK or purposeful to be an asshole... then assign a punishment...

and if i had to decide on a punishment- punish the persons clan OR take away the InGame Currency(a set amount for FF) because if you take their money they wont beable to buy anything so they will be pretty much screwed.
Old 24-02-2006, 10:50 PM   #2 (permalink)

Copenhagen is on a distinguished road

And you'll have "Griefers" making level one alts to grief you to make you lose xp.

Not a good option.

Weapons lock in the best way.
Old 26-02-2006, 04:54 PM   #3 (permalink)

Leon_the_Great is on a distinguished road

im worried that "XP Loss" has more votes than red flagging

Firstly xp loss in any game makes me not want to play it;

and secondly, i feel alot of people dont apreciate the 'Cause and Effect' of any simplistic ff-punishment system.

you can have guys who go out of their way to GET HIT by YOU, to cause you XP loss.

also sometimes a rocket-launcher user will accidentally splash allies, possibly kill them.

There needs to be an option to not ALLOW you to DMG allies, if you dont want to. this isnt n00b friendly, i disagree. you still need skills to hit the enemy! Plus it will be pretty difficult for newbs to avoid splashing me with their big tank guns, because i always try to give out spanks at close range.

Finally -----> has anyone actually read my red flagging How-To guide?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 26-02-2006, 05:05 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Guyver is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Guyver

All of the above is my option.
Old 26-02-2006, 10:26 PM   #5 (permalink)

Landain is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon_the_Great
im worried that "XP Loss" has more votes than red flagging. Firstly xp loss in any game makes me not want to play it.
Finally -----> has anyone actually read my red flagging How-To guide?
Fortunately, Our Poll will have no impact on the designer's decision to install FF in the game or not. So, continue your desire to want to play Huxley, Leon.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 27-02-2006, 04:16 AM   #6 (permalink)
Training Grounds

Siren is on a distinguished road

I think xp loss in a game gives people incentive to play better. Im all for it.
Old 27-02-2006, 04:59 AM   #7 (permalink)
Super Moderator

What about Admin players. Like they can be Maxed out in awsome stuff. Each of their weapons does a different effect. Like you report a certain player. The admin finds him. Shoots him with a "Kicker" gun. And it kicks him off. A "Slap" gun could keep his health at 1/2 for 24 hours.

Be more creative then just redflagging or xp loss.

Plus running from admin would add a more fugitive/criminal atmosphere.

If the admin doesn't feel like shooting any guns or following anybody. Then he can just use the console commands.

Ofcourse there are going to be issues with this like abuse and such. But if you kill teamate(s) then you deserve to be abused.
Old 27-02-2006, 05:46 AM   #8 (permalink)

Bourne is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guyver
Plus running from admin would add a more fugitive/criminal atmosphere.
It somebody was TK'ing a lot, it might be cool if they were considered an "outlaw" for an extended period of time. Kind of like being made a public enemy. I think it would kind of split the game in a different way and give it a criminal faction. Cause you know some people won't care if they're outlawed or not.

They wouldn't get "zapped" or anything, but they'd be fair game and marked. It could almost be considered a whole PvP Bounty hunter thing.

I know there's obvious flaws with the whole idea, but the concept seems kind of cool.
Old 27-02-2006, 06:11 AM   #9 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Yeah the bounty thing is a thumbs up for me. Such a thrill hunting the Most Dangerous Game. That is a good short story aswell. It's about a man who gets stuck on an island owned by a man who hunts humans for game.

Ofcourse he doesn't do it for bounty but for thrill. And hunting people in Huxley will have abetter turnout than doing nothing but farming hybrids.
Old 27-02-2006, 06:26 AM   #10 (permalink)

I think you're right. One of the main ways I think it would be bad concept though, is if an person just had a lot of accidental team kills. It wouldn't be any fun for them. There would need to be a way to redeem your status.
Old 27-02-2006, 06:39 AM   #11 (permalink)
Super Moderator

A way to redeem ones self would be to hunt other wrong doers. Almost like a community service punishment.

When you kill a teammate there will be a 1000 cash bounty on your head for example. Say he din't want to be constantly killed by other players. So he hunts down other baddies. Each baddie kill lowers bounty by 250 or whatever. Until the bounty is zero. A player can be on bounty even by his own side. So say you were hunting a wrong doer down and kill him. Does the bounty still remain. Yes it does because he can respawn. Now instead of constantly killing him. You can only kill him once. That would take care of the cheating portion. Now if you had a bounty on your head how will you avoid getting caught? You might aswell kill or be killed. But killing will bring up your bounty. So what you can do as an alternative is turn yourself in to a station of somekind. The bounty will remain on your head. But you can't be killed by other players for your bounty because the station gave you a 24hour license.
With this license you can hunt down bounties to redeem ones self and not get killed for your bounty in the process.

Sure there are flaws. Any suggestions?
Old 27-02-2006, 06:43 AM   #12 (permalink)

syphonbyte is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to syphonbyte Send a message via MSN to syphonbyte Send a message via Yahoo to syphonbyte

Even though all these ideas are great, (I really like the bounty hunting ideas...) it's very unlikely that Huxley will be doing anything extraordinary with FF. The game can't really afford to try to break new ground in the FPS realm, since it's already doing so as an MMOFPS in a lot of ways. Implementing a radically different FF system could very well work great for them, but the risks are too great for what they're putting into the game, so the devs are probably going to stick with tried-and-true solutions to most problems they encounter. (Note that this is all my personal speculation, but it's a general trend that games breaking ground in an area try to be more conservative in other areas.)
Old 27-02-2006, 06:56 AM   #13 (permalink)
Super Moderator

This is true but with enough begging and flaming when the game comes out we could just get a huge update allowing certain ideas. :twisted: :idea:
Old 27-02-2006, 07:00 AM   #14 (permalink)

I agree with that. They are breaking new ground, so they aren't gonna go out on a limb with experimental stuff.

However, the game is still up in the air. It could end up being totally different than what we're expecting right now. Or it could (amazingly) incorporate every idea listed on this forum. Nobody knows, but it's fun to speculate.

And I feel that after the game comes out and becomes stable, we might see some serious changes (as opposed to just bug fixes) in game updates. I could see the BH thing being an example of this kind of update (though, i seriously doubt they'd implement anything like the BH system i've mentioned).
Old 27-02-2006, 07:06 AM   #15 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne
(though, i seriously doubt they'd implement a system like i've created).
You created one?
Old 27-02-2006, 07:08 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guyver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne
(though, i seriously doubt they'd implement a system like i've created).
You created one?
No, I mentioned one. Sorry Guyver. I'll edit it for your peace of mind.
Old 27-02-2006, 07:18 AM   #17 (permalink)
Super Moderator

For a minute there I thought you programmed something amazing and haven't shared it with the world.

Ofcourse that's just my overactive imagination. :idea:
Old 27-02-2006, 10:32 AM   #18 (permalink)

Alan8325 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Alan8325 Send a message via Yahoo to Alan8325

Well the game should ideally be designed so that TKers are punished but accidental friendly fire and intentional suicidal strategies against the enemy are not.

An example suicidal strategy would be something like luring a bunch of enemies into a close-quarters battle while a friend waits at the side with a large AoE weapon such as a rocket launcher. When you are engaged in close-quarters battle, he blows up you and 5 enemies who are near you. This type of thing should not be discouraged, but FF should still be on so that you have to weigh the consequences of using a strategy like this. You wouldn't, for example, want to throw a grenade into a group that includes 3 of your guys and 2 enemies. It wouldn't make sense for the enemies to die and not your guys.

Leon's ideas might work for this as well as just not having any automatic consequences for friendly fire, but including some kind of voting system so that TKers can have penalties voted on them by other players.
Old 27-02-2006, 02:58 PM   #19 (permalink)
Super Moderator

But how can people tell that it was accidental FF. Unless it was obvious like a noob is looking around and shot you in the foot. Or a nade is thrown but not hard enough.
Old 27-02-2006, 05:15 PM   #20 (permalink)

Landain is on a distinguished road

There should be NO punishment for TKers that are grouped with you. As an example some clanmates were practice dogfighting in Mosquitos on Forseral Last night. Yes we shot each other down and killed each other but because we were both in the same clan and in the same group, we received no griefing penalties. It was intentional but we all accepted and agreed to it.

on a side note, the VS came in and started doing a base drain at Dagda while we were dogfighting. We were able to stop that stupidity.