Huxley Game, Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter Game, MMOFPS

Subscribe to the forum RSS feed and keep up to date with all the latest posts!
Go Back   Huxley Forums > Huxley Forums > Huxley General

Huxley General This is the Huxley general discussion area where most talk regarding Huxley is done.
Sub Forums: Huxley PC Forum - Huxley Xbox 360 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2007, 04:12 AM   #1 (permalink)

Grind is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Doing our own interview

Quote:
Originally Posted by 187 Phantom View Post
All the interviews that i could find:
OGaming - No Date Available
IGN - May 3, '06
Shacknews Interview - July 7, '06
X360 - March 31, '05
Gamespot - Apr 12, '06
----------------

Interview Questions so far.
1. Tell us a bit about the player interaction outside of PvP, many community members are curious about the player-created quests and the nature of Huxley's ingame economy.
2. Can you give us any insight about the guild system in Huxley?
3. How does race and faction factor into character's initial abilities, do any initial advantages continue to be of use throughout a character's stages of growth?
4. What does Huxley offer to the gamer who likes to Roleplay?
I'm just wondering about question number 3. Didn't the Shacknews interview already ask a question that was similar in which they got the reply that the different races don't have too huge of differences. Even though that doesn't really answer the question specifically, I just think we would get basically the same reply.

also just for my own benefit, what kind of stuff could they add for roleplayers? I know they'll have missions and stuff that anyone can roleplay to, but is the question more focused on smaller things like emotes, special RP servers, and being able to carry out indepth conversations with NPC's? I just can't really think of other specific RP stuff that they could put into the game that people should basically do on their own (I assume that people who RP put themselves into the game more so than others, but I'm not sure what extra things could be added to let people RP more)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-06-2007, 04:15 AM   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator

187 Phantom is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Doing our own interview

Individual responses, part II

I noticed a big improvement in the quality of the questions, thanks to all who have submitted so far. We need only 4 more questions if we can get them so get creative

So as before:

"--" Denotes that I did not use your question as a basis for forming an interview question, and tells why.
"++" Denotes I DID use the question as the basis for an interview question, and shows the text of the question. Selected questions can also be found on the very first post of this thread.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. What other ways, besides gather resources, will winning a battle affect all players. How will the battlefield react after a battle is over and a victor is declared? Will the winning team then have defenses there, such as bases or NPC guards? Or will the zone react in a different way leaving the map constantly up for grabs with no special defensive or offensive capabilities for those attacking or defending.
++Can you tell us what kinds of persistent effects will battles have on individual players, the winning and losing factions, and on the battlefield itself?

2. Are some or all of the battlefields in Huxley persistent, as in if the faction that wins receives that territory/battlefield until the next battle and gets bonuses associated with having that battlefield?
--same topic as above

3. What are some of the different crafting skills? (kinda part of the economy question)
--agreed. we don't know for sure if professions exist. interview question 1 (the economy question) will give us insight toward that.

4. The game makes use of the Unreal 3 engine and the cities are planned to have up to 5000 players. In the past, Unreal games have done well by allowing people with older systems to still enjoy the content - basically you didn't need an ultimate gaming machine just to play the game.
Besides the network technology, what other steps are you taking in order to allow the game to work with varying computer systems?
--Rough system requirements for Unreal 3 engine are already available
Basic Unreal III Engine - System Requirements

Minimum Requirements
CPU: 2.8Ghz
RAM: 512MB
Graphics: Geforce 6 series

Recommended System
CPU: 3-4Ghz
RAM: 1024MB
Graphics: NVIDIA 6800GT/Ultra or 7800GT/GTX SLI

6. Will there be an in-game mail system?
--specific y/n question. high chance he won't answer it.

7. Any in game menus such as player stats, even those of players offline?
--specific y/n question. fairly irrelevant to gameplay.

8. Strategy is often one of the most favored elements of the FPS genre, can you tell us how the developers are crafting Huxley so that the fast paced UT style fragfest does not completely outweigh teamwork and tactics?
++What kind of room will there be for larger-scale team strategy in the game amid the fast-paced style of gameplay in Huxley? For instance, will it be possible to make life hard for the other team in certain ways like destroying base equipment for example.

9. will an advert be put on T.V. before it comes out to remind, get more people to play etc.?
--specific y/n question. irrelevant to gameplay.

10. will it be realeased on the same day world wide? if not what parts of the world will it come out at what times?
--question about the release date, almost a guarantee he won't answer it.

Last edited by 187 Phantom; 10-06-2007 at 09:52 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-06-2007, 12:54 AM   #3 (permalink)

Grind is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Doing Our Own Huxley Interview

This might be too specific but it can really cause a big problem with the balance of the game and could change if it's fun playing or not.

WoW has a problem with the over population of one faction compared to the other, though it is not such a huge problem in that game, it could be in Huxley. With the battles effecting the persistant world, overpopulation of one faction could provide for unfair and outnumbered battles as well as the lesser populated faction being unable to protect it's captured battlefields due to the enemy being able to attack so many different battlefields at once, leaving the small population able to only defend a few areas. Will Huxley have anyway of balancing the number of players on each team in either battlefields or possibly in the server all together?
Old 11-06-2007, 01:02 AM   #4 (permalink)

Berserker is on a distinguished road

It's awesome you're setting this up for us Phantom, when are you planning on sending him the questions?
Old 11-06-2007, 01:58 AM   #5 (permalink)

Benny is on a distinguished road

Alot of first person shooters have "Friendly Fire" options. Will this game have something similar? Just in case Huxley will have such a feature, this will also open up for harassment an many ways. How do you plan on catching and punishing players abusing the game features, be that killing teammates, stealing items or other illegal things?

All the battlefields will be instanced, we know that. But what about the world around? Where will we be doing quests or grind for experience points or loot, if there'll be any? Will we do this in the open world, or in the battlefields during huge multiplayer matches, or both?

We'll earn a license every 10 level that we can use to unlock a new weapon type for use, or enable us to drive a specific type of vehicle. But if we make a chioce that we regret, for instance: Enabling a weapon that we figure you don't need at all, and we could have much more use for a driver's lisence for hoverbikes. Is there any means of undoing decitions like these?

What can you tell us about the vehicles in Huxley? How do we get them?

Last edited by Benny; 11-06-2007 at 12:41 PM.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:19 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny View Post

We'll earn a license every 10 level that we can use to unlock a new weapon type for use, or enable us to drive a specific type of vehicle. But if we make a chioce that we regret, for instance: Enabling a weapon that we figure you don't need at all, and we could have much more use for a driver's lisence for hoverbikes. Is there any means of undoing decitions like these?
Where did you hear that? Link?

Last edited by CarnaGe; 11-06-2007 at 12:58 PM. Reason: too many uses of "enter"
Old 11-06-2007, 02:55 AM   #7 (permalink)

Lunarhawk is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Lunarhawk

One of the interviews or another, but it is true.
And fix your quote holy ****.

Also, phantom, don't forget the question I submitted right before your last post that you didn't see to answer in time.
Old 11-06-2007, 07:42 AM   #8 (permalink)

naggs is on a distinguished road

Have you considered any method of seperating the highly skilled players from the newer or more casual players? Maybe high skill/level games, both pvp and pve?
Have you considered making single player/PVE optional for those that arent into that?
How rare/hard to get are the most powerful items/skills/ect going to be? Am I doing to have to camp a unique boss for 8 hours for a 1 in 10 shot at getting the rare item?
Any chance of a first week free type of arangement to see if I like the game?What kind of swear filter/kid friendly/no adult content measures are you thinking about? If i really destroy a team and i am talking trash, is a Admin going to suspend me for "E-bullying"? Any chance of a 18+ servers with none of that crap?

seriously though, where did you hear that about the 10 levels per weapon class? as far as i know levels have not been confirmed to even exist yet. post a link or ELSE!

Last edited by naggs; 11-06-2007 at 07:58 AM.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:09 AM   #9 (permalink)

It's 2am and I'm not getting you a damn link. Go look through the pages on the main site it should be on one of those.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:37 AM   #10 (permalink)

Decent_xVICIOUSx is on a distinguished road

you do the interview yet phantom?
Old 11-06-2007, 12:50 PM   #11 (permalink)

A conversation about levels:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind View Post
they're planning on 50
Link: http://www.huxleygame.com/forum/show...2382#post22382

As for the 1x lisence every 10 level, I can't find the topic where I saw that.

Anyway, I should probably not treat stuff I read on the forums as facts, but that's what I do. I belive in almost anything I hear.

EDIT: New questions for interview:

As far as we've understood, there'll be a limit to one character per acount on each server. Then a person have played, say, an enforcer to level 30, assuming the levels reach that high. And the person then figures he wants to play a phantom because close range combat dosen't really appeal to him. Are there any means to continue playing with your friends on that server without having to delete that character? It could be that the person decides that phantom is too hard to play, and want to go back to the close range combat again.

As seen in too many other MMO's, one faction seems to be ridicolusly overpopulated (take world of warcraft for instance). There are many ways to solve this problem. Player-per-faction limits, scaling limits to name two. Seing that this is a heavily PvP-based game, what have you in mind to prevent this from happening in Huxley?

And about the "will there be a monthly fee" question (this is not for the interview):
I sort of hope there will be a monthly fee, because that means the developers constantly have money flowing in, and that opens up for more and quicker fixing of bugs and problems, and not to mention development of eventual expansions in the future.

Last edited by Benny; 11-06-2007 at 08:27 PM. Reason: added questions
Old 11-06-2007, 08:48 PM   #12 (permalink)

fleshcutter is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to fleshcutter

sephina may of already asked this but...

apartements, how will you be able to customize them?
Old 11-06-2007, 09:34 PM   #13 (permalink)

http://huxleygame.com/huxley_faq.php

Level up part, 10 levels = 1 license etc
Old 12-06-2007, 02:11 AM   #14 (permalink)

Uh, why the hell am I not able to edit my posts? Just need to edit away some typos!

Ok, apparently I can edit THIS post, why not the other posts?

Last edited by Benny; 12-06-2007 at 02:13 AM. Reason: I need food!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-06-2007, 03:19 AM   #15 (permalink)

You can't edit posts if they are more than 12 hours old, if that helps.
Old 12-06-2007, 11:14 AM   #16 (permalink)

Decent_xVICIOUSx is on a distinguished road

phantom this suspense is killing me you said you wer ganna do this like 3 weeks ago im dyin wanting 2 knw wut yer up 2 and if youve selected the Qs yet
Old 13-06-2007, 01:11 AM   #17 (permalink)

fleshcutter is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to fleshcutter

a question about features the game will have...

will there be a replay and/or a screenshot feature in the game to record or take shots in-game?
Old 13-06-2007, 11:06 PM   #18 (permalink)

New question:

What operation system will Huxley be able to run on?
There is much concern about the PC-version of the game being for Windows Vista only, that being a very overpriced system and all. Many PC owners without X-Box are afraid they'll not be able to play the game.

(Ok, if this question is too.....uh.....not-possible-to-ask-as-it-is-now-ish.....or whatever! Then just cut out everything after the first question-mark. I NEED to know what it'll run on. Along with many other people. Just trying to explain the reason for the question being asked, and so that, maybe, in my wildest dreams, they'll do something about it)
Old 17-06-2007, 12:59 AM   #19 (permalink)
Training Grounds

HuxleyLegend420 is on a distinguished road

Sorry if these aren't new and some may have some info out on the web, but I wouild like to here the question's directly answered by Webzen.

#1 - Can you please explain the major differences in the Xbox 360 version of the game (number of cities, ability to play all races, additional 360 exclusive single player)

#2 - I second the question: Will there be monthly, or frequent, weapon and armor updates ... and will they be available on Xbox360.

#3 - Can you confirm the level of armor/weapon customization.... early reports state things such as the ability to change armor colors. Can you please speak to this topic?

#4 - Can you please confirm a new expected release for Xbox360...a year at least and if possible what quarter and year?

#5 - Can Xbox 360 players name their characters or are their Gamertags used?

#6 - Can you confirm that a single Xbox 360 account can create multiple different charachter saves on the same hard drive?

Ok thats all for know... hope they are decent, and hope Webzen answers.

PS: Tell them I love them and Huxley
Old 17-06-2007, 12:20 PM   #20 (permalink)

Tonight this interview was finally done, and we got all of our questions answered.

Imagine how pissed I got when finding out it was just a dream