Huxley Game, Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter Game, MMOFPS

Subscribe to the forum RSS feed and keep up to date with all the latest posts!
Go Back   Huxley Forums > Huxley Game Community > Announcements and Notices

Announcements and Notices Announcements about the forums and website

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22-07-2007, 05:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

gobbly2100 has disabled reputation
Default Gobbly2100, Who Am I And What Do I Do?

Hello all,

Well I thought it would be nice to share a little bit of my life with this great community and tell you what I do and why I started HuxleyGame.com

Well,I am 19 and I am currently studying for a "CIW" qualification to become a "Web Design Manager", you can click the hyperlink if you are interested to know more about what it is I am learning.

I started gaining an interest in building websites when I was only about 14, I made little free ones using things like MSN Groups, Freewebs and any other free web creators, to begin with I did it because I loved the idea of sharing information and seeing little communities grow and then I was asked if I would mind putting together some sites for various small clans that also wanted free sites.

After a short time of making free sites I realised I wanted more, what I mean is I wanted to make my sites look better, add more interactivity such as forums and really develop these small communities and clan sites.

So far I had no understanding of how a site was made so the first thing I looked for was online resources that could teach me a little about this and ended up buying various software that I played around with and began to self teach myself the basics of what I needed to start making my own fully personal websites.

This is when I took things to a new level, I bought a few domain names, hosting, templates and went full out to learn everything I could and spent a fair bit of money.

Now I was at a point where I knew a good bit about building sites, running them and actually have an understanding of most things web related now, plenty more to learn though.

December 2005 was here and a good month it was, this was when I bought HuxleyGame.com which I got as a spur of the moment type thing, a friend showed me 2 screenshots and I instantly snapped up the first domain I could.

I setup the site with about 5 pages and a forum but because nobody knew about the game I just ended up leaving it, about 6 months later I went and checked up on the site and saw a few people using the forum to discuss Huxley and I was amazed, it was then that I realised that maybe I can create atleast a small community out of this Huxley site.

By this point I had started on a course which is not the one I am doing now but a different one that is much more for beginners.

By 2006 I decided that I am going to make web design my career which is when I invested alot of money into the CIW course I am studying now and also into this community for professional forum software, image editors and various other tools to help in developing the site into what it is so far.

So now, I put pretty much all my time into this site, working for clients and studying.

There is more to the story really but I wanted to keep it short, I can tell you that I have had alot of ups and downs during all my time running this community.

I hope you enjoyed reading a little about me, I wanted to post this because I think it is a nice little personal touch for the community to read, if you want to ask me anything about this story or my life then feel free, I don't bite!

Shane.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 22-07-2007, 10:19 PM   #2 (permalink)

baddb0y93 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Gobbly2100, Who Am I And What Do I Do?

im realy glad u made this site if u hadnt we wouldnt be here now talking and learning about huxley this is the best huxley forum out there whith the most info
Old 23-07-2007, 04:42 AM   #3 (permalink)
Super Moderator

zeekgenateer is on a distinguished road

Gobbly2100

Who he is? -- God

What does he do? -- Smite people.

Who am I to know such things? -- God's personal assistant.

I know what you mean about coming upon some coding and setting up a website. I myself became interested in websites and HTML when I started High School. I took a CIW course, but noticed I already knew most of what they taught (it was only the basics). I might've taken CIW 2 which is more advanced, but it deals lots with copyright stuff (or so I'm told) and that didn't interest me.

If you are someone who is starting to become interested in computers here are some classes (or certifications) you might be interested.
A+ CompTIA (hardware & software troubleshooting and repair)
CIW (website design and management)
MCSA (networking software oriented)
CCNA (networking hardware oriented)

I've already gotten A+ and I'm hoping to get MCSA this year and CCNA the next. CIW might be later in life or never. My dream is to be a network administrator for a medium sized network. It pays well I hear.

Good luck to you Gobbly on your certification. I hear the money's pretty good after you get a few jobs.
Old 23-07-2007, 11:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
Training Grounds

Chiana is on a distinguished road

ahh so you are the man behind the curtain.

I like your site here and it looks very professional, but I have a question. Do you have any contact with Webzen? I mean you have done all this work on your own with no expense to webzen. It would seem to me that they should be using your site more, hell it's not costing them anything. You type Huxley in google and you are the first site that comes up.

If I was running webzen I would have someone be liaison to you, and use you for everything your worth. I would give you screenshots, movies, background, wallpapers, icons, if it has huxley on it you get it, or just buy you out.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 25-07-2007, 12:35 AM   #5 (permalink)
Administrator

gobbly2100 has disabled reputation

I contact Webzen but getting a reply can be a long wait, I get a feeling that they are unsure how to deal with me as they know I am the admin of HuxleyGame and they must feel stupidwhen you type "Huxley" in Google that this site pops up first.

The course I am doing now covers pretty much everything including copyrights and such, right now I am working on network security which I have to say is quite interesting.

Once I complete this course I intend on developing something to blow people away on here, I want a site that people look at and say WoW! This community means alot to me as it is where I put most of my time into and however corny it sounds, It is only due to you guys and everyone else here that this site is running.

I really hope we can stay the number one Huxley fansite but that is only possible with support and linking, I think if we strike up enough we could make HuxleyGame something more official as in actually receive support from Webzen.

If there is anything else you want to know then remember to feel free
Old 25-07-2007, 07:36 AM   #6 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Murvel is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Murvel

Murvel bows to the master.
Old 25-07-2007, 10:40 AM   #7 (permalink)
Super Moderator

CarnaGe is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to CarnaGe Send a message via MSN to CarnaGe

like zeek said... If i ever have any questions about Gobbly or what his work then I usually turn to the holy book. Anyways, nice post Shane, didn't know we could post replies here, but it's good that we can... or something :S gaash i'm so confused (haven't slept for about 34 hours)
Old 26-07-2007, 03:40 AM   #8 (permalink)

Decent_xVICIOUSx is on a distinguished road

aww gobbly yer ganna make me cry lol
Old 28-07-2007, 12:40 AM   #9 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Guyver is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Guyver

If this community does become bigger, and Webzen recognizes us. We might get seats of power in the world of Huxley.

Think about it: people will be all :

"Whoa it's Guyver, with all his awesomeness!"
And I'll be all:
"OVER 9000!!!!!!!!! >:D "

And we would have Gobbly to thank!
Old 14-08-2007, 09:46 PM   #10 (permalink)

Skaterepp is on a distinguished road
Default Who I Am

:D yay! I wish all of us could play on the same server, but we'll be splitting up....... I'll be on US server.. while u all are on diff ones

now we cant all pwn together

lol lets hope so

Last edited by gobbly2100; 23-08-2007 at 01:59 PM.
Old 19-09-2007, 03:57 PM   #11 (permalink)
Training Grounds

Dante is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Gobbly2100, Who Am I And What Do I Do?

Thanks man you are doing a really good work so,keep it up
Old 05-07-2008, 12:08 PM   #12 (permalink)
Training Grounds

Dreconus is on a distinguished road

This Thread shall be Forever Bumbed, never shall it fall down to the depths of unpostinessestfulness....
Old 24-08-2008, 12:54 AM   #13 (permalink)
Training Grounds

deception is on a distinguished road

lol, good story tho gobbly
I as well hope this site becomes Huxley's #1 source for info and community