Huxley Game, Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter Game, MMOFPS

Subscribe to the forum RSS feed and keep up to date with all the latest posts!
Go Back   Huxley Forums > Huxley Forums > Huxley General > Huxley (Xbox 360)

Huxley (Xbox 360) Talk for specifically Huxley on Xbox 360 related topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23-09-2006, 04:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
Training Grounds

Raven61 is on a distinguished road
Default Xbox 360 Subscription

Does any body know if you will have to pay to play Huxley on the 360? I dont think you should have to because you already have to pay and get a Gold membership.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 23-09-2006, 04:44 PM   #2 (permalink)

brycenation is on a distinguished road
Default def

def will casue its unfair for pc players and they wont be able to run servers for such a big game for free
[URL]http://darksoul99.proboards58.com/index.cgi?board=join&action=display&thread=1157418214[/URL]
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 23-09-2006, 04:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
Training Grounds

Degu is on a distinguished road

The fee may be slightly reduced at most but I have to agree with Bryce here in saying that there should be a fee for the 360...
Old 24-09-2006, 02:49 AM   #4 (permalink)
Training Grounds

Raven61 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by brycenation View Post
def will casue its unfair for pc players and they wont be able to run servers for such a big game for free
ya but like on the final fatasy game 360 owners only had to by the game and didn't have to pay. Also the game for the 360 will likely cost more money and any loss they get they should be able to cover and make it a pay to play if they have to.
Old 24-09-2006, 04:06 AM   #5 (permalink)
Training Grounds

Morick is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven61 View Post
ya but like on the final fatasy game 360 owners only had to by the game and didn't have to pay. Also the game for the 360 will likely cost more money and any loss they get they should be able to cover and make it a pay to play if they have to.
I may have misunderstood you but did you mean that FFXI for the 360 has no monthly fee?
Also about huxley, I do think it would be fair to charge a monthly fee for quality and all but for a 360 console game all things considered(price of the game, gold subscription etc.)the price should be lower than most PC MMO games. I'd say the price square charges for FFXI would be reasonable(12.99). 15 bucks a month would be really pushing it.
Old 24-09-2006, 12:54 PM   #6 (permalink)

Default ...

pretty sure final fantasy had a monthly fee for xbox 360

im a xbox 360 owner and will be getting huxley for it not pc , But i still think it would be unfair for pc players to pay and us not . but i do agree that the xbox owners shouldn pay less becasue of xbox live gold etc. id be happy with £9 a month and id pay up to 15. any more is far to expensive to pay every month including my xbox live membership
[URL]http://darksoul99.proboards58.com/index.cgi?board=join&action=display&thread=1157418214[/URL]
Old 27-09-2006, 07:58 AM   #7 (permalink)
Training Grounds

topgun156 is on a distinguished road

I also think that it is gay to have pc ppl pay. I think that it should be free for pc ppl, and 360 ppl.. just think of all the money the publishers are going to make off this game with both counsle and pc. it would be unfair to have one pay and the other not.
Old 27-09-2006, 05:14 PM   #8 (permalink)

Savag3Shadow is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Savag3Shadow

Well, unfortunately the upkeep and maintenance of servers is rather expensive. And guess who that expense gets passed on to?

Click the pic to join!
Old 27-09-2006, 11:56 PM   #9 (permalink)

Detnation is on a distinguished road

im gonna guess the ? answer it forumers.
Old 15-10-2006, 06:08 PM   #10 (permalink)
Training Grounds

Spec260 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Spec260

You will have to pay but you dont have to have a gold subscription to play MMOGs, you just have to pay the mmog fee. I think those that have a gold subscription should get a discount though on MMOG's. This bs that the only advantage you get over free silver members is playing games online sucks.
Old 15-10-2006, 06:48 PM   #11 (permalink)
Training Grounds

Zinfidel is on a distinguished road

It not unfair at all for Webzen to charge a fee for this game (which they will.)

It costs a LOT of money to maintain the massive data farms and the facilities that house those computers. The sales of the game itself won't even come close to satisfying the cost of those servers.

It is ridiculous to think that X360 players won't be paying a fee, either. I can't even remember how many times I've heard the justification of, "Well, I pay for gold already, I should't have to pay to play online for another game."

Well, Webzen doesn't see a dime of that incredibly measly $50 a year that XBL players pay. They are going to charge because they don't care that you are paying Microsoft, they aren't getting the money to run those servers from Microsoft.
Old 17-10-2006, 02:30 PM   #12 (permalink)

SolidTheSnake is on a distinguished road

I personally believe that we will have to pay money so that server maintenance and just the overall condition of the game servers are kept up, but I do hope they make a new payment system instead of FFXI one. They should use the Xbox Live Marketplace so we could just buy it with points.
Old 25-10-2006, 10:43 PM   #13 (permalink)
Sup
Training Grounds

Sup is on a distinguished road

They should only charge pc gamers because they don't have to pay any fee to play online..

360 games already have to pay 50 a month for XBL.. adding 15 more dollars would meen almost 200 dollars a year counting XBL!!!

just not fair...
Old 26-10-2006, 01:03 AM   #14 (permalink)

Pyrath is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Pyrath

you Xbox users have your gold subscription costs, but Webzen dosen't get any of it. the fee is for Xbox Live updates and Xbox server maintinance. Webzen is a company, not a charity, and that means they are out to make money off of this. Buying and maintaining servers and info farms is extremley expensive and if you play for more than a month or so, what you payed for the game will no longer cover the cost of you continuing to play. It's not "fair" that anyone would consider the notion of not paying.
Old 26-10-2006, 02:09 AM   #15 (permalink)

Assasin1015 is on a distinguished road

I'm not even sure if Huxley will be a pay per month game anyway. Webzen games is also making SUN online and I know that that is an MMO and it will not be a pay per month game. Just thought I would say that because everyone keeps on saying how it will be a pay monthly game but I'm not sure about that. Anyways thats just my opinion.
Old 26-10-2006, 02:33 AM   #16 (permalink)

Pyrath is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Pyrath

I think I remember Webzen saying somwhere in an interview or a video that they were going to have users pay monthly... can't remember where tho...
Old 26-10-2006, 03:46 AM   #17 (permalink)
Training Grounds

urza551 is on a distinguished road
Default yep

ok your ganna have to pay between 15 and 10 dollers a month and you dont need gold to play this game and yes micro said you could use the points to pay for mmorpg because they inturn pay webzen but i don't know if that will happen right out of the box.
Old 28-10-2006, 04:06 AM   #18 (permalink)
Training Grounds

SkaForFood is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to SkaForFood Send a message via Yahoo to SkaForFood

Well, I played FFXI for awhile, so I can clear that bit up a little. You could play with just a silver account, so the arguement of paying for XBL doesn't work... you don't have to have it. I will personally, because I want Gears of War too. I expect to pay if its set up as a pay per month, if not then cool. I suspect that it will though. btw, does anybody know the latest news on Huxley? I haven't heard any official word in quite awhile... and 2006 is getting slim. Pushed back I'm sure, but thats fine. Just wondering how long its been.

"Coooorn dodger?"- John Wayne. That quote changed my life.
Old 28-10-2006, 04:41 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by urza551 View Post
ok your ganna have to pay between 15 and 10 dollers a month and you dont need gold to play this game and yes micro said you could use the points to pay for mmorpg because they inturn pay webzen but i don't know if that will happen right out of the box.
im not saying this isnt true

but can u send me a link to where u were told microsoft said you can used points to pay and intun they pay webzen, where you were told you dont need gold and where you were told you have to pay between 10 - 15 dollers a month ?

pretty anoying how some people are pulling information out there ass rather then real sources on these forms
Old 30-10-2006, 02:16 PM   #20 (permalink)
Training Grounds

tWiNsMaRkSmAn is on a distinguished road
Default 360 Owners SHOULDNT Pay

Maybe they should charge a 10 $ activation fee... but as far as charging a monthly subscription charge when 360 owners are already paying a Gold subscription fee is insane. If paying about 5 - 10 bucks extra helps with servers then i will b glad to pay. (The actual gameplay should run better with more servers)