Huxley Game, Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter Game, MMOFPS

Subscribe to the forum RSS feed and keep up to date with all the latest posts!
Go Back   Huxley Forums > Huxley Forums > Huxley General

Huxley General This is the Huxley general discussion area where most talk regarding Huxley is done.
Sub Forums: Huxley PC Forum - Huxley Xbox 360 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27-03-2006, 07:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
Training Grounds

proudtobeme is on a distinguished road

same prob to me :( , I dont have parents who understand me :( just wanna play this game, will there be any free accounts? :P hehehe just kidding
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 29-03-2006, 07:27 PM   #2 (permalink)

Drake is on a distinguished road

People need to realize that MMO's are for the most part required to have a monthly subscription service unless you wish for the game to have little or no longevity. In order for proper bandwidth to be issued, server clusters maintained, and for developers to have enough resources to continually pump out required new content via patches/updates, they need a monthly service fee from the customers. I will not get into the logistics of such as it would be a fairly large post, but it is not economically feasible for any such company to provide millions of dollars in free bandwidth on a monthly basis and it is as simple as that.

Also, as a suggestion to those of you who are too young to get money to play games, have you suggested perhaps doing some extra chores around the house for a monthly subscription? I actually mowed the lawn once a week among other things for money when I was that age.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 30-03-2006, 03:25 AM   #3 (permalink)

devynmapes is on a distinguished road

thanks for the advice
768mb DDR Memory
120GIG Maxtor
Unreal Engine 3 Settings: Highest
==============
Old 30-03-2006, 04:17 AM   #4 (permalink)

Enemy21 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake
Also, as a suggestion to those of you who are too young to get money to play games, have you suggested perhaps doing some extra chores around the house for a monthly subscription? I actually mowed the lawn once a week among other things for money when I was that age.
im gonna do that and save up birthday money :D
Old 30-03-2006, 11:40 AM   #5 (permalink)

Lexion is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake
People need to realize that MMO's are for the most part required to have a monthly subscription service unless you wish for the game to have little or no longevity. In order for proper bandwidth to be issued, server clusters maintained, and for developers to have enough resources to continually pump out required new content via patches/updates, they need a monthly service fee from the customers. I will not get into the logistics of such as it would be a fairly large post, but it is not economically feasible for any such company to provide millions of dollars in free bandwidth on a monthly basis and it is as simple as that.

Thats what I said as well and Ill gladly pay for it.
Old 30-03-2006, 09:26 PM   #6 (permalink)

Kard is on a distinguished road

by the time this comes out, the monthly subscription will probably be about equal to the price of one movie theatre ticket (sad right?).

IMHO, to pay even 15 dollars a month for a persistant world game that I can login to whenever I want for some fun fraggin... well that's well worth it.

15 bucks isnt that much in terms of supporting a hobby... it costs that much for me to park next to a beach for one day during the summer :?
Old 30-03-2006, 10:18 PM   #7 (permalink)

Expensive move tickets! Most people (well, 6 million at least) pay $15 a month for WoW. I would gladly pay the same amount for a good persistent FPS. Considering the amount of hours I have put into Quake and other FPS's, why wouldn't I pay a bit more for the same concept with ever-evolving gameplay and content?
Old 30-03-2006, 10:25 PM   #8 (permalink)

nickfury is on a distinguished road

I am not sure if this has been metioned so pardon me if I am repeating.

Hopefully, Huxley will have Gamecards (ala WoW) that can be purchased from EB Games, Gamestop, etc that way credit cards will not even be needed. :]
Old 01-04-2006, 05:57 AM   #9 (permalink)

To Drake:

Hehe, I'm not one of those 6 million paying for WoW. I play for free. I bought the game, and started playing on private servers 4 free :D ! It rocks!!

To nickfury:

Ya, thats prob wat I'm gona do. My parents dont have a credit card, so I hope they have em'.
768mb DDR Memory
120GIG Maxtor
==============
Old 01-04-2006, 07:22 PM   #10 (permalink)
Training Grounds

Spike is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by devynmapes
To Drake:

Hehe, I'm not one of those 6 million paying for WoW. I play for free. I bought the game, and started playing on private servers 4 free :D ! It rocks!!
Don't be proud of playing on illegal servers.

I dont have any problems with paying for games that provide descent support, content and a great gameplay experience. I've played Star Wars Galaxies and WoW. And now I'm totally hooked on EVE.

I'm still looking forward to this game.
Old 02-04-2006, 07:07 AM   #11 (permalink)

Thier not illegal. Thier perfectly legal! The only flaw, is that not near as much people play on them as the origional WoW servers.
768mb DDR Memory
120GIG Maxtor
==============
Old 02-04-2006, 08:52 AM   #12 (permalink)

Addicted is on a distinguished road

Playing on emulation servers sucks because usually the admins cheat but you also miss out on being apart of the community.
Old 02-04-2006, 02:37 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by devynmapes
Thier not illegal. Thier perfectly legal! The only flaw, is that not near as much people play on them as the origional WoW servers.
Oh yeah? Playing perhaps, pirating the software and endulging pirating among others is not legal. This is what I mean, monthly fees should be on MMOs, keeps pirating kids away.
Old 02-04-2006, 07:48 PM   #14 (permalink)

I truly do not see the point in playing on a pirated WoW server as part of the game is the immense social aspect (at least personally) and being able to play with all of your friends is a great perk to the game.
Old 05-04-2006, 08:50 AM   #15 (permalink)

When you buy the game, and you dont want your money to go to waste, then you would play on a private server too.
768mb DDR Memory
120GIG Maxtor
==============
Old 05-04-2006, 02:43 PM   #16 (permalink)

No, since Im an adult I can pay for myself. You should go mow some lawns, playing on cracked servers is like being an MMO beggar.
Old 13-08-2009, 01:17 PM   #17 (permalink)
Training Grounds

popopopopp is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Huxley - Pay To Play

Huxley has been confirmed a F2P game hosted by ijji - Where Gamers Unite!. So no more of this "100% will be P2P" or "most MMO's are P2P" bullshit.
Old 16-08-2009, 03:23 PM   #18 (permalink)
Training Grounds

ArtikSniper is on a distinguished road

GOD BLESS IJJI!!!

I was starting to be depressed because I don't agree with monthly fees...

What I would pay proudly is the game in retail version. Yo know, ya go to store and buy the box with a DVD. And with that DVD you get a free selection of weapons and armors, exclusive for the ones who bought the game in retail version.

Wouldn't it be great? I wouldn't care of spending 40 bucks to have that precious retail box and that special equipment on my character

Don't ya think? They did something similar with WarRock and it seemed to work out pretty well... Actually it would be a great way of advertising the game
Old 14-09-2009, 09:39 AM   #19 (permalink)
Training Grounds

lutpabri is on a distinguished road

That's pretty good.

Electric adjustable beds prices and reviews
Old 01-01-2010, 08:44 AM   #20 (permalink)
Training Grounds

vnicker is on a distinguished road

What i find is half the time adults will be just as bad as "us kids" with cursing us out. now tell me, where do u think we became "these kids". had to start some where which ur generation is be4 ours so ur generation has the right to be blamed on y our generation is as. our generation looks up a lot, n act off of wat we c which isnt all ways good...Atm what i think u should do if u dun want us "kiddies", is go play some single player game or play some multiplayer games with just ur friends, nothings making u play with us "kiddies" now plz dun be any more rude or it just gets more ppl to become rude, best way to end something is to shut up, just wanted to say this, now expect nothing more from this 15yr old tat has to do with the argument (and i know this is a LATE response on that matter)

This site was made for us to be social with every1 who is into this game, not curse some1 out cause they claim they can do something, u never know what a person can figure out if they just tried.

The game seems as it is coming out F2P and i read on 1 thread that they say there not gonna have "super weapons" for real money
This is the thread: i have some Questions