Huxley Game, Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter Game, MMOFPS

Subscribe to the forum RSS feed and keep up to date with all the latest posts!
Go Back   Huxley Forums > Huxley Forums > Huxley General

Huxley General This is the Huxley general discussion area where most talk regarding Huxley is done.
Sub Forums: Huxley PC Forum - Huxley Xbox 360 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31-08-2009, 03:26 AM   #1 (permalink)
Training Grounds

AlienInfestation is on a distinguished road
Default Game Design At Higher Scale

Hi mates,

ive been around here for some and i find this game amazing. Many of us have been waiting for this kind of games, and in the end its here.

The game seems to offer a wide range of possibilities for character development, which a standard in MMORPGs, but i've got some questions about the higher scale of the game.

The first one is:

Has been the game designed for combat operations? i mean, will the team play (and of course team organization) be important in the game, like preparing tactical plans for specific operations (intelligence, reconeissance, implementation of ground forces and air forces {if there exist}, uses of artillery and so on) or will it be that kind of game in which the side with more kills wins? is the map continuous in size, or is it an area-connected map?

These questions lead directly to the second: any tactical operation must be integrated in a bigger strategy, and strategy is supposed to be the art of achieving objetives using the means at hand, in other words, is the game designed so that finishing specific operations will make the winner side get some advantages?

And following this logic, we arrive to the last pack of question, will all this stuff about winning affect the storyline of the game, like making a faction win the war in a given server; will be connections between server about the storyline and so on?

Thank you very much, and sorry for mistakes since english is not my mother tongue!!!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 31-08-2009, 06:45 AM   #2 (permalink)

Killzorz is on a distinguished road
Default Re: game design at higher scale

From what ive seen and played, its gonna play alot like UT with some RPG elements. Not much really with the objectives. The only thing close to that would be the radar game mode, but basically its just a take and hold thing.
Old 01-09-2009, 07:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
Training Grounds

AlienInfestation is on a distinguished road

What a pitty, perhaps in the next generation ))
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-09-2009, 03:01 AM   #4 (permalink)

Grind is on a distinguished road

The higher level maps should be much bigger than what the normal UT map has to offer. Which alone allows for a lot of strategy. If there isn't a specific "artillery" button, there are still tanks that can sit back and correct fire using a teammate who is spotting for them.

To be honest, this game can have as much tactical operation as you want. If you want to run around by yourself and kill everything that moves, you can. But if you want to join a clan, make strategies for every map and plan out every move you make, you can. It's up to the players. Huxley has some things that most FPS do not have (special skills like invisibility, double jump, headshot protection etc.). I mean yes, games have had these before in the form of power ups, but in those games (like UT) when you get those power ups you kind of end up just going on a rampage to make the best use of your new powers. But in Huxley you'll be able to use those extra powers when you need it most, and coordinate the use of them with the rest of your squad, to get the most use out of them.

Also, when you win the territorial battles, you're capital city will benefit (the standard of living will go up).
Old 03-09-2009, 08:14 AM   #5 (permalink)

Killzorz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind View Post

Also, when you win the territorial battles, you're capital city will benefit (the standard of living will go up).

Price of gas go down? xD Rent down? :P
Old 03-09-2009, 09:38 AM   #6 (permalink)

RhinoNeil is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killzorz View Post
Price of gas go down? xD Rent down? :P
All I have heard is that the "state" of the city will change - lose and it will look in more disarray, win and it will look prettier. No confirmation about changes to prices but would be logical
Old 06-09-2009, 12:31 AM   #7 (permalink)

Chaddledee is on a distinguished road

It's actually the other way around. No aesthetic changes, but prices of item is affected by how well you are doing in the war.
Old 16-10-2009, 04:11 AM   #8 (permalink)
Training Grounds

thomasz is on a distinguished road

yeah, I also heard that. I just update some new games Soul Calibur: Broken Destiny, God of War Collection, Dark Soul, Valkyria Chronicles 2. They are wonderful, interesting, I love them.

*link removed by mod*

Last edited by Murvel; 16-10-2009 at 08:14 AM. Reason: No ads.
Old 17-10-2009, 07:03 PM   #9 (permalink)

Grind is on a distinguished road

Actually I think it's a bit of both. The city might look a little worse and prices might go up when you lose too many battles. But as you win, your city will look better and prices will go down.

But to be honest, it's been a while since I've read the interviews that hint at how the cities will change. I'm just kind of enjoying the wait now haha.