Huxley Game, Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter Game, MMOFPS

Subscribe to the forum RSS feed and keep up to date with all the latest posts!
Go Back   Huxley Forums > Huxley Forums > Huxley General

Huxley General This is the Huxley general discussion area where most talk regarding Huxley is done.
Sub Forums: Huxley PC Forum - Huxley Xbox 360 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14-03-2007, 11:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
Training Grounds

Doug212 is on a distinguished road
Default Monthly Fee

Will there be a monthly fee and if so how much will it cost?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 14-03-2007, 11:27 PM   #2 (permalink)

Alpha Wolfgang is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Monthly Fee?

i doubt there will be one actually... webzens already getting enough money from all the ads in the game.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 15-03-2007, 12:01 AM   #3 (permalink)

SurfnBird is on a distinguished road

weve already went over this and everyone said there will be one and it will probly be $15 a month just like in wow.
Old 15-03-2007, 12:47 AM   #4 (permalink)
Training Grounds

i hate you
Old 15-03-2007, 01:28 AM   #5 (permalink)
Super Moderator

zeekgenateer is on a distinguished road

Hate the message not the messenger. There is such a thing as a search function.
Old 15-03-2007, 07:30 PM   #6 (permalink)

uhm... just because you all discussed it doesnt make it true...

just, rightfully, there shouldnt be a fee, but then again, its all about money money money.

well, i hate the message and the messenger... especially when the messenger brings a false message and knows about it.
Old 15-03-2007, 11:37 PM   #7 (permalink)

ive been around on the forums forever i think i know what im talking about, you on the other hand havent.
Old 16-03-2007, 12:22 AM   #8 (permalink)

being on the forum means nothing. i know a guy who fluently goes to korea and gets better info than any of you can, i even have screen shots of the character customisation screen... badarse by the way.

oh, on the screen it looks like you can carry 4 weapons, clothing slots for head, arms, legs chest and feet, and what looks like 20 little boxes of inventory, perhaps those are just things hes buying, but it could be inventory...

my friend took a picture with his cell phone when he was in korea not too long ago, or it was a picture from his friends cell... anyway, just because you kids discussed it, doesnt at all make anything true, ive got facts... you've got opinion... just guess
whos right.

heres a link to the page... http://o3oempire.net/modules.php?nam...article&sid=16

Last edited by Alpha Wolfgang; 16-03-2007 at 12:35 AM.
Old 16-03-2007, 02:17 AM   #9 (permalink)

Sephina is on a distinguished road

Nobody can say anything for sure yet because the game is not out yet. but the Xbox people already pay a monthly fee for Xbox live, I can imagine them being ticked off if such is the case... but if they make it so they don't have to pay a fee but PC people do then people will complain, so I can imagine them possibly going lower than $15 because of this, as we all know the Xbox live fee sure as heck isn't some big $15 a month fee.

Aside from that, I have to agree with the others in that the search funciton can be your friend, as this was discussed a few times before, I can recall seeing 2 or 3 other threads in recent months about this same topic.

- Sephie
Old 16-03-2007, 02:35 AM   #10 (permalink)

hey alpha since i dont know ur friend he could be going to korea all the time, but you were talking about inventory lost and places to put your armor and what not. but it sounds like a anyother mmo. i mean "WOW" has inventory slots and placec to put selected armour. but who knows but if your not leing ask your friend if he can upload his cell pics and post em, cuz that would be asome.
Old 17-03-2007, 07:07 PM   #11 (permalink)

i sent you a link, i cant post pics here i dont know why, but he updates our clan website with huxley info all the time... www.o3oempire.net
Old 18-03-2007, 07:59 PM   #12 (permalink)
Training Grounds

Default Paying To Play

i dont mind a monthly fee its just that when i was playing ff11 on xbox it said $6 a month so thats half of pc and i was like thats cool cuz already pay for xbl, and i ended up paying $12.95 a month for 7 months and thought it was retarded. So if its a $15 for pc then i think it should be $7.50 for xbl players.

And the other thing is that like on wow its $15 a month but with all the players i bet they only use like $0.01 per person, millions of people play way more then xbl users and its a fact that it doesent cost like 70mill a month for server not even close!!!!!!

Last edited by gobbly2100; 24-03-2007 at 05:04 PM.
Old 21-01-2008, 02:11 PM   #13 (permalink)
Training Grounds

ArchangelXZ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephina View Post
Nobody can say anything for sure yet because the game is not out yet. but the Xbox people already pay a monthly fee for Xbox live, I can imagine them being ticked off if such is the case... but if they make it so they don't have to pay a fee but PC people do then people will complain, so I can imagine them possibly going lower than $15 because of this, as we all know the Xbox live fee sure as heck isn't some big $15 a month fee.

Aside from that, I have to agree with the others in that the search funciton can be your friend, as this was discussed a few times before, I can recall seeing 2 or 3 other threads in recent months about this same topic.

- Sephie
finally somebody understands what xbox people go through as for some of us aussie gamers its even more expensive seeing we would have to pay around $20 a month if it was only $15 so they will have to do something extreamly good to impress us
Old 02-02-2008, 11:49 PM   #14 (permalink)
Training Grounds

nukifux is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Monthly Fee

from what i have read most people on here don't wanna pay a monthly fee and some don't mind paying if it helps...with that why not just make it where you have to buy the game from a store and not have to pay monthly..you see with people buying the game you can still make money and yet you wont have to pay to play like WoW were even though you bought the game your still paying like $15 bucks a month. and i forgot who said this but just like halo,COD4, and a few others this game could Still roll in the cash but without having to put in a monthly fee.

and so my conclusion is to just make this game to were you have to buy the game from a store and not have to put in a monthly fee
Old 22-02-2008, 05:15 PM   #15 (permalink)
Training Grounds

jimbo is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Monthly Fee

they better not put a fee on this, if fee is £5 or higher i wont buy it and as im in uk the fee will be like at least £10 = $20.

also i dont see why xbox owners get it cheaper only microsoft get money from xbl and no one else.
Old 18-03-2007, 09:18 PM   #16 (permalink)
Training Grounds

Zorak-Mantis is on a distinguished road

Yeah, It'll probably be a fee. I don't think they would make freakin HUXLEY a free game.
Old 20-03-2007, 06:01 PM   #17 (permalink)
Training Grounds

Chief is on a distinguished road

I havent read all posts but i think you may have to pay a fee at the Pc version. Because Xbox already have a fee with the live and i think they either maybe rise the fee for Live so it pays all MMOs for the 360 or there wont be a fee at all. But still it looks like they havent decided yet so i hope for free.

Last edited by Chief; 20-03-2007 at 06:09 PM.
Old 20-03-2007, 08:49 PM   #18 (permalink)

Squat Hobo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Squat Hobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief View Post
I havent read all posts but i think you may have to pay a fee at the Pc version. Because Xbox already have a fee with the live and i think they either maybe rise the fee for Live so it pays all MMOs for the 360 or there wont be a fee at all. But still it looks like they havent decided yet so i hope for free.
XboxLive makes you pay full price for MMO fees as well as your Live subscription. Like Phantasy Star Universe, it's still the full 10$ a month in the US.
Old 05-08-2007, 08:37 AM   #19 (permalink)

xxvic1ousxx is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to xxvic1ousxx Send a message via Yahoo to xxvic1ousxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squat Hobo View Post
XboxLive makes you pay full price for MMO fees as well as your Live subscription. Like Phantasy Star Universe, it's still the full 10$ a month in the US.
Yeah, while PC players may see the possibility of a free play, 360 users are more than likely going to be forced into paying for their subscriptions.
Old 19-05-2007, 04:14 AM   #20 (permalink)
Training Grounds

siiix is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to siiix Send a message via Yahoo to siiix
Exclamation Re: Monthly Fee?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief View Post
the xbox life fee has NULL to do with anything , that $6+ goes strait in to ms pockets for nothing more then the owner of the xbox able to use the network interface of they hardware they already own

so if there is a fee for pc it will be the same fee for xbox as well

and of course its not $20, $15 or $10 to run those servers if there is enough subscribers , but think about it is the price fix or flexible in any game released EVER.. its always fix , so if the game is a flop and you have like 3000 subscribers they game maker loses money on running the server, BUT if you have 8million subscribers i guarantee you the price will not drop EVEN if the game maker have so much profit then some 3rd world countries yearly income (blizzard has over a billion $ profit / year just on the subsciberfees, and i said profit not in income)

they make games to make money, of course they will not say "damn i planed to make $100k but now i make 1billion lets reduce the prices" ?!? would the most of you do that (reduce the price in such case) ? plus its not an individual decision - UNFORTUNATELY today most companys are not owned by a person but are owned by stock holders and such decisions about pricing policies must be OK'd by a board of directors - witch i guarantee you don't give a ratsass about pricing being fair but making money

Last edited by siiix; 19-05-2007 at 04:25 AM.