Huxley Game, Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter Game, MMOFPS

Subscribe to the forum RSS feed and keep up to date with all the latest posts!
Go Back   Huxley Forums > Huxley Forums > Huxley General

Huxley General This is the Huxley general discussion area where most talk regarding Huxley is done.
Sub Forums: Huxley PC Forum - Huxley Xbox 360 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21-03-2007, 12:04 AM   #1 (permalink)
Training Grounds

Chief is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Monthly Fee

Well that kinda sucks... I remember that you had to pay for Phantasy Star Epoiside 1-2 for Xbox and it was free on gamecube. But they maybe make a pay method using the point from the cards you can buy so you buy more time at marketplace.
Webzen have mad many MMORPGs and they are all free what i have reed. But they might get money from makeing special items you buy through marketplace. I read on a post that there are many companys that sponsor the game and if no maybe no fee.

Last edited by Chief; 21-03-2007 at 12:14 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 21-03-2007, 12:17 AM   #2 (permalink)
Training Grounds

X3HaloEd is on a distinguished road

I don't mind paying as long as I feel like it's worth my while. If they acutally put more development and debugging time into the game because we pay, it'll make the game experience better. Someone mentioned something about ingame ads at the top of this thread? That would be absolutely rediculous to have to pay and have ads.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 21-03-2007, 12:44 AM   #3 (permalink)

Squat Hobo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Squat Hobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by X3HaloEd View Post
I don't mind paying as long as I feel like it's worth my while. If they acutally put more development and debugging time into the game because we pay, it'll make the game experience better. Someone mentioned something about ingame ads at the top of this thread? That would be absolutely rediculous to have to pay and have ads.
I think if we had ads in-game it would be kind of cool if they slipped them in surreptitiously. Like putting them on billboards or hologram-commercial-things in the cities. If it's anything that gets in my way I'll be extremely annoyed.
But still, It'd be great for 360 players to not have a monthly fee, but I personally think that's a stretch. Hopefully it'll be cheaper than WoW (15$ a month is a little ridiculous.
Old 22-03-2007, 05:17 AM   #4 (permalink)
Training Grounds

darkangel is on a distinguished road

well is the fee for the 360 or the computer or is it for both
Old 22-03-2007, 12:49 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkangel View Post
well is the fee for the 360 or the computer or is it for both
More than likely both. Every other MMO on the 360 has made the players pay full price for the monthly fee.
Old 22-03-2007, 08:54 PM   #6 (permalink)

1Shot1Kill is on a distinguished road

We really need a sticky at the top with "monthly fee" and people can go in there to see if there is or isn't. If they say "i didn't see it", then they should get a warning for flooding.
Old 22-03-2007, 10:39 PM   #7 (permalink)
Super Moderator

zeekgenateer is on a distinguished road

Well i forget if there is a rule list (if there isn't MAKE ONE PLZ) to stop people from reposting the same ideas over and over. It gets very annoying when you have 3 parallel topics because some idiot is too lazy to use the handy button marked SEARCH up at the top (for those of you who don't know of its existence). Those who do ignore that button should be warned once then have something done to them.
Old 22-03-2007, 10:45 PM   #8 (permalink)
Training Grounds

Drakshin is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Drakshin Send a message via MSN to Drakshin Send a message via Yahoo to Drakshin

Well, if they put ads, like they did on need for speed or other EA titles, that's cool, now i would not mind paying a small monthly fee, if the developers and GMs are dedicated, no major bugs and issues, no major lag and server problems.

would be just fine if it was like Counter Strike, or Guild Wars, buy the game, even if it costs $50 and then play.

Or for example, bu the game for $50, comes with 3 free months, and then you pay like 7$ /month.

That would be good.

I've been interested in this game for long but i just registred here now.

I'm a volunteer GM on a Free to play MMORPG, and people like to complain a lot and demand, that i fix things, demand that i fix lag, when it's their connection lagging and not the server, and it's a free game and i'm a volunteer. Now, if people pay for a game, in that case they can demand things, and yes if i will pay a monthly fee for the game i'll want the game to be stable and playable, and with active GMs
Old 22-03-2007, 10:51 PM   #9 (permalink)

I doubt it's going to be 7$ a month. I really hope it's that cheap. Games of this scale typically go towards 15$. Sub-standard games like Phantasy Star Universe usually go around 10$. I'd be pleasantly surprised if this game were less than 12$ a month, despite its high quality.
If it could be that cheap by putting ads in there, I'd have no complaints.
Old 23-03-2007, 01:07 AM   #10 (permalink)

1Shot1Kill is on a distinguished road

I hope it's $20 a month and
top priority to support this game so fixes will be done ASAP and stuff like that, make it like EQ2 support. I don't like MMORPG's at all but my dad plays it and i see how much Sony supports it and keeps the players happy and game fixed and special adds. The top 2 things thta are a must...bug/lag fixes and kept up to date daily so nobody can get an aimbot or unlimited health or something.
Old 23-03-2007, 02:20 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Shot1Kill View Post
I hope it's $20 a month and
top priority to support this game so fixes will be done ASAP and stuff like that, make it like EQ2 support. I don't like MMORPG's at all but my dad plays it and i see how much Sony supports it and keeps the players happy and game fixed and special adds. The top 2 things thta are a must...bug/lag fixes and kept up to date daily so nobody can get an aimbot or unlimited health or something.
If it's 20$ a month I simply won't play it. No matter how good the customer service and all that is, I'll just suck it up and play a different game.
Old 23-03-2007, 07:24 AM   #12 (permalink)

Corbs is on a distinguished road

I agree Squat Hobo, 20$ is a bit too much in my opinion. I hope they go for something between 10-15$ per month, offering rebates for a 3-6-12 months subscription.

As for the monthly fee, I believe there will be one. We have to take into consideration that they bought the Unreal 3 Engine, which cost a damn lot of money since UT III isn't even out yet. Plus, a regular FPS server for UT2004 supporting 16-32 players costs from 40$ to 100$ per month. I can't imagine how much 200+ players cost (battle instance).

Plus, they've added a monthly fee, not required, to their game MU. It unlocks all the content and gives more advantages. Therefore, I doubt they'll make Huxley F2P or similar to MU.
Old 23-03-2007, 10:23 PM   #13 (permalink)
Training Grounds

Chief is on a distinguished road

Well 20$is to much. Its like 1/3 of the price of the game. 10-15$ is better if there will be a fee because it will probaly be one.

Hope they will announce some more info about that and if there will be other paying methods than register on the web and pay via credit-card. Maybe they will copy Blizzard with the Pre paid stuffs.
Like you can either buy it in the store or at the marketplace using a point card. Anyone think that would be nice except me?
Old 24-03-2007, 12:04 AM   #14 (permalink)

Decent_xVICIOUSx is on a distinguished road

that is fukin *Censored Word**Censored Word**Censored Word* 20$ a month
Old 24-03-2007, 03:13 AM   #15 (permalink)
Training Grounds

Ao1xBlazenAce is on a distinguished road

I would pay $20 a month, if the quality of the initial game, service, and patchwork are good. You have to remember you aren't just paying to play the game you spent the initial $50 on. You are paying for all the new content that is released for the game too. I view my monthly fees as investments into new games. And paying a monthly fee for several games has been an excellent alternative to buying a brand new game that I may or may not enjoy or continue playing.

I do think that there will be in game advertising, but I'm hoping its mostly focused on the Game Lobbies, or cities. With ads in place i wouldn't think that the monthly rates will exceed $15.
Old 24-03-2007, 03:59 AM   #16 (permalink)

Decent_xVICIOUSx is on a distinguished road

unless the game suks i will be willin 2 pay but hopefully it will be reliable unlike steam this better be a good game hopefuly itll have a couple expansions
Old 09-05-2007, 10:40 PM   #17 (permalink)

shneb is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to shneb

how do u guys even no that there will be a monthly fee?

casuse i think is a big waste of time for the 360 casue they bleed anuff cash out of us from the marketplace
Old 10-05-2007, 02:10 AM   #18 (permalink)
Super Moderator

zeekgenateer is on a distinguished road

However much of a waste of time you think it is, M$ and other slightly less evil companies will still pump you for all you're worth, it's like the US and Middle East oil.
Old 10-05-2007, 08:54 PM   #19 (permalink)

R4GE is on a distinguished road

Why would 360 players not have to pay but PC players? I do not understand everyones logic behind that. We will be all using the same servers, you are not paying microsoft for their servers. So this means that you do not have to have an xbox live gold subscription to play. If one platform has to pay, then all will.
Old 13-05-2007, 01:20 AM   #20 (permalink)

Grind is on a distinguished road

Warhammer online comes out in 2008 too! I don't want to pay $30 a month to play both of the games at the same time lol.