Huxley Game, Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter Game, MMOFPS

Subscribe to the forum RSS feed and keep up to date with all the latest posts!
Go Back   Huxley Forums > Huxley Forums > Huxley General

Huxley General This is the Huxley general discussion area where most talk regarding Huxley is done.
Sub Forums: Huxley PC Forum - Huxley Xbox 360 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2007, 05:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
Training Grounds

monverz is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to monverz Send a message via MSN to monverz
Default Re: Coordinating A Server For This Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix12g View Post
I'm interested to know whether or not people will be able to play on both sides in the same server. The reason for this is having big forum battles where you can actually shoot the others. If you can be on both sides, loyalties to one won't be as heavy, especially since you know the people you're fighting against and can choose to swap sides the next week to fight with them.

Sorry to say that I dont like this Idea... for one I plan on making a guy and staying with him till the end... swaping it up every week would be counter-productive to the lvling your char.

If you guys wanna do it thats cool but I will stay on one side. well until I get board or something but wont be every week...

I am all for the group clan for the forums... but I am going to be whatever race I wanna be...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-06-2007, 04:31 AM   #2 (permalink)

Grind is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix12g View Post
I'm interested to know whether or not people will be able to play on both sides in the same server. The reason for this is having big forum battles where you can actually shoot the others. If you can be on both sides, loyalties to one won't be as heavy, especially since you know the people you're fighting against and can choose to swap sides the next week to fight with them.

The more well known, organized and friendly fighting between groups of people will only make the game more enjoyable. When you foster hate and dislike between the factions, that doesn't make it enjoyable when you take it to the forums. Having the same group be on both sides gives you more control over organized pitched battles that end up as more fun than grindfest with pubs running amok. They're also less focused on beating the other person than having fun and winning. (I know that sounds contradictory)

I think it would be great to set up teams based on usernames every couple weeks, swap them between the factions, give them a week to build up the character and finallly let them duke it out and see what happens. Set up the next fight for a couple weeks in the future, randomize the teams again and repeat.
But the deep hate that builds up against opposing factions is what makes games great!

First you hate them, and it gives you the greatest pleasure to defeat them in battle.

Then you have some good fights against them and you gain each others respect.

You continue your hate for each other, but it's ok to lose every now and then because it was a good fight for both sides.

Well that's how it could work if you want to throw a little RP in there when you play :D
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-06-2007, 04:16 PM   #3 (permalink)

Pyrath is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Pyrath

I had played a little known MMORPG called RFOnline a while back. There were three factions on a server, and at a certain time(s) every day, all three would fight over the Mines. the Mines were pivotal to generating income; the only other way to make money was to sell loot from monsters and crafted items. Anyway, all three factions were spitting at each other, calling whoever won a h4x0r, glitcher, exploiter, etc. But I found that I was very fun to defeat an enemy who hates you and you hate so much. I'd rather not switch factions on a weekly basis. I also doubt Webzen would do that. (I hope Webzen won't do it)
Old 06-06-2007, 05:50 PM   #4 (permalink)

Lunarhawk is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Lunarhawk

I'm pretty sure there are modes such as deathmatch, that one where you get parts to build something that fall from the sky, etc. They've been confirmed as far as I can remember. So you might be able too...
Old 11-06-2007, 04:54 PM   #5 (permalink)

InsaneRussian is on a distinguished road

Well im a not a big planer cause i hate when my plan fails so starting a guild from nothing, i mean when the game isnt out yet or anywhere near that it's kinda odd to start making guilds cause you never know whats coming =)
And starting right away playing as guild.. Where is the fun of that? I mean you'll bunch of people running around. I start playing like "Search and destroy" then when needed join a guild lol.
Old 21-06-2007, 07:39 AM   #6 (permalink)

Slimjim is on a distinguished road

I hope we can get most of the avid forum population coordinated on to one server, we dont have to be one faction, lets just try to play on the same server. Most of yall are pretty cool people, and its kind of funny how we speculated about this game from years to months before it was released with hardly any information, and ending up facing each other in a BG would be awsome
Old 11-06-2007, 06:27 PM   #7 (permalink)

Benny is on a distinguished road

Why 2 servers? Wouldn't it be cool to not only play with eachothers, but also play against eachother.
Atleast I like the thought of that.

Maybe this've been mentioned before in the topic, but I only read the first two posts.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:24 PM   #8 (permalink)

Metalhead is on a distinguished road

little late on the guild name idea, but heres mine
Harbingers of the Forum
Arbiters of the Forum
Bringers of the Forum
Forum's Brigade
Forum Omens (?)
The Forum's Dragoons
Forum Gentes (sounds corny to me)

be sure to look these words up too, i went for more of the word meanings

might have to come in and edit this again to add more as i go...

And i think we all should be on the same server, even if some of you are in EU you should be on same server with all the other EU's, and like wise for us in the US (assuming there is set servers for each region)

P.S. Benny...nice signature "NOBODY MOVE! I've lost me brain..." haha nice, very funny

Last edited by Metalhead; 11-06-2007 at 10:30 PM.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:32 PM   #9 (permalink)

It be a quote from Pirates of the Caribbean 3. You should go see it!

Arr!
Old 11-06-2007, 08:41 PM   #10 (permalink)

Nice, will have to see it then, i tend to stay out of the movie loop, play to many games lol
Old 11-06-2007, 08:44 PM   #11 (permalink)

There's a big difference betwen playing too many games and playing too much. Get out and watch that movie!

Well, not unless you've seen the first two ofcourse.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:49 PM   #12 (permalink)

well i guess the real reason is, i have no car or liscense (and yes i am 18, 19 in one month) i just decided there is to many responsiblities, and i dont want to run my sis around everywhere...but thats a task for this summer...and my G.E.D.
Old 11-06-2007, 09:00 PM   #13 (permalink)

Got driving lisence. It's hell. Got no coordination and no sense of directions. Anyway, we are ruining the topic with this off-topic crap. We shut up now.
Old 11-06-2007, 10:05 PM   #14 (permalink)

and on the lines of this guild idea, is there going to be a limit to how big your guild can be? or would this community have to make multiple guilds due to its size(thats assuming most the ones here join in the guild idea)
Old 11-06-2007, 10:32 PM   #15 (permalink)

Why would there be a limit to how many people there can be in one guild?
I don't think there's been released any information on that, but if there were a limit, it'd probably be removed very fast due to complaints.
Old 13-06-2007, 04:22 AM   #16 (permalink)

i dunno, every MMO i have been in there is like a 50 person limit in guilds, so i was expecting one to be in this as well
however no limit would be sweet...
Old 15-06-2007, 05:55 AM   #17 (permalink)

Van_Crackin is on a distinguished road

Guild names?
Ehhh.
Generally speaking, I like the comedic ones better.
Such as:
"Boom!" :P

Although it would be nice to tell everyone that we were the original following, calling Huxleygame.com "the forum" just sounds a bit cheesy to me.

So, throwing in "Alpha" or "First" or something along those lines to show that we WERE indeed here first would be the best.

Oh! I GOT ONE!
"Dragoons of Barbara Walters!"
Old 21-06-2007, 02:07 PM   #18 (permalink)

Well if we are all to play on same server, and there will be things like Dogtags that are collectable from players, first thing i'd do is knife all moderators and admins of this community, no offence but first thing's first ^^
Old 21-06-2007, 03:05 PM   #19 (permalink)
Super Moderator

zeekgenateer is on a distinguished road

Not if us mods pool our money together to put up a bounty on your head.
Old 21-06-2007, 03:10 PM   #20 (permalink)

Haha :D
You see how we are getting along already? :D
It would be great if you putt a bounty on my head, all incoming noobs that will try to claim it would be meat for me, exp money and such. ^^
So bring it on! :D

Anyhow would be fun playing with people you already know somehow, in this case from forums, more friendly invernoment all even if we fight against each other ^^ Good to know your enemy ehh? :P