Huxley Game, Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter Game, MMOFPS

Subscribe to the forum RSS feed and keep up to date with all the latest posts!
Go Back   Huxley Forums > Huxley Classes & Races > Huxley Classes

Huxley Classes
Sub Forums:
Avenger - Enforcer - Phantom

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2007, 02:54 PM   #1 (permalink)

eclipsedmind is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to eclipsedmind
Default Re: Healers

i certanly have no problems with meds i think they're funny when they're the one dyin (sigh) ironic heal other but themselve nah i like em lots
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-07-2007, 03:04 PM   #2 (permalink)

Bhoginator is on a distinguished road

medics pwn...especially if they revive people after death like in BF2...and also themselves then they can pwn with their rifle or wutever, then hide, heal, and do it all over again.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-07-2007, 03:17 PM   #3 (permalink)

so your saying that med live by the code hide,heal,run,hide, etc
Old 11-07-2007, 11:07 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipsedmind View Post
so your saying that med live by the code hide,heal,run,hide, etc
Basically...you forgot revive though
Old 12-07-2007, 06:49 AM   #5 (permalink)

i kenw i was forgetting somethin'
Old 13-07-2007, 08:36 AM   #6 (permalink)

Joker_xxx is on a distinguished road

Indeed Huxley is a FPS game but still a MMO... and being able to pick medic job only means players will have to depend of heals. That means whenever i enter in instance for lets say PVE the game will be developed in a way so you can not handle there without a medic since Huxley encourages teams, squads etc (i came to this conclusion from all MMO's i played and healer class was available)
Yes i hate medics/healers/buffers because no1 picks them or they are a few and ill have to ask all the time for the kindness of a medic to join my squad. I would like to see a game where you mostly depend of your own mastery and squad tactics if joined a squad.

Beside in gameplay movies i saw, a character always has 100 full HP and armor value varies, i saw max 300. When your armor is gone you are as good as dead anyway with 1/4 hitpoints left. If a support job will be available my guess is that the engineer is the equivalent for healer in this game witch can recharge your armor or something like that not mentioning it's far more realistic. So im preparing to hate engineers now
Nevertheless i'd rather accept an engineer than a medic only because is called engineer.

Last edited by Joker_xxx; 13-07-2007 at 08:48 AM.
Old 11-07-2007, 03:17 PM   #7 (permalink)

InsaneRussian is on a distinguished road

Well yeah it's hard to compare healer from MMORPG to a medic in FPS games, i play most of the tie medic in BF2142, unless the map has many vehicles then i play engineer with abzzooka and repairs, mines and stuff. There are snipers and supporters who resupply, each class in BF2142 have different weapons, but the most powerfull weapons is in possesion of the medic. Why i play medic always in BF2142? First of all i can heal myself, i see a sniper he shots me with one shot down to 10% of my health, i hide heal myself jump out and BOOM sniper got a headshot! When im doing objectives and being surounded by enemy, and my teammates are dyign there is no way in hell i can kil all enemies so i revive my teammate,while enemy tried to kil lthem i kill all enemies when they aint aiming at me. Plus i would like to see how much you would mind to hae a medic besides you when you run in battle and get injured on badly hurt, you'd be yelling for medic unless you are so noob that you get killed so quick that there is no point of getting revived on healed, you just respawn and serve as meat for the sharks. Simply so noob that you can barrely hit your enemy, then of caurse there is no point of having or being a medic, but when you are a skilled player like me ( get almost every round a medic (mostly gold(first place))) only then you realise how important a job of a medic is. You wont have to respawn and run back to the neemies flag if a medic revives you, unless it's a noob medic which simply looks at you laying dead on the ground turns around and gets knifed, instead of reviving. HAte whn i call for medic, he stands infront of me starring at me i yell medic he wont heal me, i just take out my gun do a headshot on him (yeah i do reseve negative points) take his kit heal myself and go further earn more points of killing.
What my point of all of this is: Person who doesn't like or respect the medics job, ARE EXTREMELY NOOB.
Why die when a medic can revive you or heal you, he does his job you go kill al enemies who attacked you.
Old 13-07-2007, 04:34 PM   #8 (permalink)

Well bro what i was trying to say is, that in an FPS the mdeics dont have to have crappy fire-power as they do have in MMORPGs where they can't kill anybody by themselves. SO waht i my point that medics coudld have weapons depending on the Enforcer/Phanton/Avenger and just add the advantage of healing. Cause they will have everything like everybody else and be as strong but also have healing as huge advantage. Which means many people in this case will become medics and there wont be a problem in fiding one.
Old 15-07-2007, 12:21 PM   #9 (permalink)

GREAT i love that idea in most games medics cant hold there own and need backup being able to hold of enemies will much more easier.and a alternative phantom medic will be able to disappear and run (if weak) to heal themselve and return to fight
Old 19-07-2007, 02:28 PM   #10 (permalink)

Joker_xxx is on a distinguished road

Ok so how do you think the game will be kept balanced otherwise than all becoming medics since healing is a great advantage?

Ill like to see medics but witch cant heal themselves only other mates (no1 will pick it), than maybe ill considerate to accept the medic job idea in Huxley. Because it goes like this: if there is something players can abuse in a game, specially where competition is on, almost all will abuse...myself i would. I would buy a second account with medic chief right-of-way!

I'd prefer to be and think fair, instead of getting all kinda advantages over other players. All i want is skill based 100% not some crappy and lame tactics with healers under corner, bots etc
Old 19-07-2007, 08:01 PM   #11 (permalink)

Yes, now come to think of it it wouldn't really be a medic since that would be pointless (couple shots to actual health and ur dead), it would be more like an engineer, which could quickly repair your armor. That would be much more effective than a medic.
Old 19-07-2007, 08:05 PM   #12 (permalink)

Well i don't think that there will be any medics and i highly doubt there will be. But one thing i can say, ever played America's Army? Where 1-5 shots and you are dead.. but there are medics, they can prevent you from bleeding to death or if you just got shot once you start to bleed and if you bleed from green to yellow you would move slower since you are injured, so medics can prevent bleed. Trust me medcics are usefull specialy if like in BF where they can revive!
Old 19-07-2007, 10:09 PM   #13 (permalink)

baddb0y93 is on a distinguished road

if there are healers(medics) and there probably not .. I hope u have like a defibrillator like in 2142 and remember u could only take 5 weapons into battle so the defib. will probly take up a weapon slot .. so its not like u just press heal and their healed u probly gata change yur weapons till u equip the defib. and aim it at the dead person and revive.. between all that u cud be getting dmged and maby killed
Old 24-07-2007, 09:16 PM   #14 (permalink)

Grind is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by baddb0y93 View Post
if there are healers(medics) and there probably not .. I hope u have like a defibrillator like in 2142 and remember u could only take 5 weapons into battle so the defib. will probly take up a weapon slot .. so its not like u just press heal and their healed u probly gata change yur weapons till u equip the defib. and aim it at the dead person and revive.. between all that u cud be getting dmged and maby killed
you could do that pretty quick though. press the number 5 and click your mouse.

I hope there is some kind of healing in Huxley though. UT has it and it's not a problem at all. It's like like you'll have a line of enforcers and a line of priests behind them casting magical spells. I'd hope they would be more like oh hey I see a guy who's running around with half health, I'll go heal him.

Or maybe the whole drop down little heal packs or something. I'd like to see some healing in the game just for fun, nothing like regular medieval fantasy mmorpgs where you have the tank, healer, dps. just a little side healer for spot heals if someone needs it.
Old 25-07-2007, 03:03 AM   #15 (permalink)

baddb0y93 is on a distinguished road

well i hope it ant like wow wen u target a guy and press heal would be kinda weird in the middle of a fight and u see this priest healing a guy and yellow light comes from him lol reminds me of wow but this isnt wow:P
Old 27-07-2007, 09:12 PM   #16 (permalink)

hahaha no I really doubt it would be anything like regular MMORPGs. But in other games with a medic class such as the battlefield series, a medic can take out his little medic bag or whatever and point at a friendly who is close enough and it'll heal them over time as long as he keeps holding it on them.

It works better if you just got into a fight and have low health or something because getting shot takes away life WAY WAY faster than a medic could heal you. So I wouldn't think an FPS would have a medic that could heal you through damage like in RPGs.

More along the lines of a medic healing you back to full health after a big fight so you can get back in there and kill more people.
Old 28-07-2007, 01:36 AM   #17 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Guyver is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Guyver

I doubt that there will be healers. I'm sure there will be the ability to use a medkit on someone, but the gameplay is so fast, I don't think it is possible.
Old 28-07-2007, 05:40 PM   #18 (permalink)

Skaterepp is on a distinguished road

I am interested in what happens when u die...where do u respawn at? and will they have adv medics so u cna heal fatsre like on Planetside.. I am a 3 year user on planetside.. and I quit it when I heard about Huxley.. so it better atleast be as good as Halo3 if not better!
Old 29-07-2007, 08:41 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaterepp View Post
I am interested in what happens when u die...where do u respawn at? and will they have adv medics so u cna heal fatsre like on Planetside.. I am a 3 year user on planetside.. and I quit it when I heard about Huxley.. so it better atleast be as good as Halo3 if not better!
When you die you respawn at the nearest safespot I assume, I don't think they've said anything specific about picking which spot you spawn at or anything. They did show a 4 or 5 second spawn timer so I'll assume that's around what it'll be for when the game comes out.

I agree with Guyver in saying they aren't going to really have healers, but rather people that can heal you a little with a med pack or something. They might have certain medpacks that can heal you for more hp but definitely nothing that is going to let you fight out a battle while someone stands behind you and heals through the damage. That just wouldn't be right for an FPS lol.

I'm guessing the heals will either be slow heals over time, like a teamate is bandaging you up or something and it slowly bumps your hp up. Or someone can throw down health packs that just heal a bit of your hp when you run over them. Either would be fine with me, or a combination of the two for that matter.
Old 31-07-2007, 02:37 AM   #20 (permalink)
Training Grounds

Gatermag is on a distinguished road

I think that it will be more like a skille or profession