Huxley Game, Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter Game, MMOFPS

Subscribe to the forum RSS feed and keep up to date with all the latest posts!
Go Back   Huxley Forums > Huxley Classes & Races > Huxley Classes

Huxley Classes
Sub Forums:
Avenger - Enforcer - Phantom

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2007, 02:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
Super Moderator

zeekgenateer is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Healers

Well let's say that healing on the battlefield is not as good as healing outside of it. That if you are on the battlefield healing takes longer and is not as effective as healing outside the heat of the battle. Healing should not be entirely instantaneous, but have x amount of health be healed every second.
Old 17-05-2007, 12:20 AM   #2 (permalink)

Grim_Reaper is on a distinguished road

While this is an MMO you cant expect healers in a game where when you die you respawn. Its not really an RPG, its an FPS.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-06-2007, 04:06 PM   #3 (permalink)

InsaneRussian is on a distinguished road

Well im a lover of both MMORPG and FPS so MMORPG it's like a heaven for me. Seeing a healer(medic) on the field of battle makes me happy, unless he doesn't heal his teammates and tries to play tough. I have a great idea for how a role of a medic can be inplaced in this game.
As "we" know in RPG games there is always a priest/monk or whatever who heals people by casting spells. Also as "we" know in FPS games there are medics or there are healing kits. If it's a fast battle like just head-on with quick respawns some little bit away from battle then medics wouldnt be very needed but still medic is a great thing. The idea of mine how healer could work in this game is: The player who is specialized in healing has some special tool in his hand which transmits some signals to the indecated players armor and those signals of "energi" repairs his armor which requires some amount of time to repair. The idea of having health sounds bad to me cause its like one shot and you are dead in real life, having armor instead of health sounds more realistic, armor is out you die. So what those energi signals will do is powering the armor up and repairing it somehow which will be considered as "healing the player" for which the healer will get points.
You might wonder wonder how the idea works with better skills in this point? Well the tool can be upgraded with better software/hardware which will be considered as skill and which you will be able to purchase or get where-ever only when you have the required amount of points in specilization of healing. Groups heals and fast heals etc. Also the upgrades will serve to make the tool operate fast which cause the minor or old heals to "cast" faster. Cast = transfer the signals to player faster and therefore heal faster. Also the tool will be having some recharge time to recharge the energi and it might run out of energi after some time and can be recharged at some points or other players may have the skill to recharge it for you.

PS: If i see my idea in any game it would be considered as Plagiarism and there will be consequences for stealing my idea.

PSS: If any gamedesigners like the idea contact me cause i got plenty of them.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-06-2007, 06:22 PM   #4 (permalink)

Benny is on a distinguished road

Haven't read the whole topic, but my guess is there'll be some profession that allows you to heal yourself and others, or there'll be abilities for that. With 100 abilities in the game, chances are big that they'll feature a few healing abilities like regeneration or throwing a medkit to an ally or something similar.
Old 11-06-2007, 07:24 PM   #5 (permalink)

Haha nice quote from Pirate of Car-Bean 3 Benny ^^
Anyhow 100 skills/abillities doesn't seem much to me tbh, the amount seems big but if you think about it... Conspiricy!

Last edited by InsaneRussian; 11-06-2007 at 08:17 PM.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:03 PM   #6 (permalink)

I love that quote, and I have a mild braindamage, so that makes it fit even better.

Yeah, 100 skills on 3 classes may not be so very much, but if the abilities has alot to say on the gameplay, there'll be alot of different playstyles in this game. And by the way, counterstrike dosen't have any different abilities or classes, and alot of people still play that game.

Personally I think this game will be a big hit, that be unless the developers gave eff in the gameplay, making this game only a graphic masterpiece instead.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:17 PM   #7 (permalink)

Well you cant really compare thsi game to any other cause it's one-of-a-kind. I mean no other game yet has the same genre.
And i do agree it will be a big hit, at least for MMORPG and FPS lovers ^^
Plus it's not very many people that know of this game, there's no advertizig about it which is quite strange if they are to release it in fall! =(
Old 11-06-2007, 08:40 PM   #8 (permalink)

Not "=("....but "=)"

That means fewer retards, with an exception of me ofcourse...
I hope they start with, say, 5-10 servers and fill them to the max limit, then start the advertisement and then have 20+ servers ready for other people.

That way we get better community on the first servers, because they're full of people that are truly devoted to gaming and found this game all by themselves.

Either I'm an effing genious, or someone's stepped in my brain...
Old 12-06-2007, 04:58 PM   #9 (permalink)

Yeah about the retards, where ever you go there are planenty of them, and you cant be a retard cause you are actively discussing on forum. And i mean it's like any game has n00bs... Hate to have them on my team but awesome earning points on them when they are your enemy! :P
But having them as healers wont be fun, like you yell for medic in ages he stands infront of you looking at you not healing you... HOW FUN!
Old 13-06-2007, 12:37 PM   #10 (permalink)

Even though I am discussing on the forum dosen't mean I'm a good player.
I need to practice more on Counter-Strike.
Old 13-06-2007, 01:25 PM   #11 (permalink)

Yeah but what i've meant is that look: If you are active in forum you are active in-game? You dont just stand around doing nothing... Like people over 40 who play games.. you type in chat Hi they respond like after you left the game 3 times. as long as you are active in game you will get good. Cause everybody is noob at Huxley so far =)
Every FPS is unlike th other... Different aiming system and such so dont worry you'll be just fine =)

Be a healer by my side .. I'll be the killer =)
Healer + Killer = Victory! :D
Old 13-06-2007, 09:24 PM   #12 (permalink)

Lexington is on a distinguished road

damn this post is long, im not gonna read all of it lol.

From what I understand about the Equiping system, you should be able to equip a medkit in a gunslot.

In a Sniper post somewhere on the boards, a good example was given, about how if you wanted to be a great sniper, then carrying 3 other complete weapons would limit you to the amount of Sniper gear you could take with you. I believe the same is said if you were to bring medkits.

hope that makes some sense to you.
Old 17-06-2007, 03:49 AM   #13 (permalink)

Well lets face it JinT you know nothing about in game medics nor do any of us. all of the videos i've seen, none of them had anything healing related.
It might be just another game where you run kill and get killed, so medics wouldn't be much of a use.
Plus people discuss different possibilities... Nobody wants it to be like WoW cause it's FPS.
Old 09-07-2007, 09:52 AM   #14 (permalink)

Joker_xxx is on a distinguished road

Everything that involves medics, lots of medic kits to spawn (a *Censored Word**Censored Word**Censored Word**Censored Word*load of hit points in short words) will reduce the effective skill depending and will be more like who can spawn the healing faster so i don't see anything good....as in real word there is no medic in your back to spam injections or bandaging your wounds when you are in war and beside this i don't see any1 who would like to do that in Huxley. The game will become full of healing bots and finally will ruin it.
Since it is a FPS game i really hope they will focus more on the skill difference between players.
Old 09-07-2007, 03:01 PM   #15 (permalink)

Haha i see you have very strong hate for medics xD
Very vital job they have but you hate them, wonder why... :P
Old 09-07-2007, 03:30 PM   #16 (permalink)

eclipsedmind is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to eclipsedmind

insanerussian's right in the field medics have a very important job also they really annoy the other team when they're hiding behind other fighters.
Old 10-07-2007, 04:14 AM   #17 (permalink)
Training Grounds

motent is on a distinguished road

whats the point of a medic? who wants to play them, if webzen make more classes like medics and stuff, we have to wait longer for the game, and i for one DO NOT want to be running around healing my team, BORING, i wanna be in the action, if yu die yu die, yu dont need people to heal yu, as most people say, no pain no game!
Old 10-07-2007, 09:39 AM   #18 (permalink)

Joker_xxx is on a distinguished road

I played Lineage2 a lot, its a hard game to play if you dont use bot programs or ebay money in game and support classes.

Well here is my point: i am a honest player, work hard to get all that items and level legit and on the fairy realms of Aden i meet 1 of my enemies, we begin to duel, injure etc when suddenly his support class witch is a bot starts healing him, i go for bot while he is in my a s s, kill the bot, turn back to my enemy, than he starts to pump out all the great instant healing and combat points potions he has in his inventory (very expensive potions witch i cant afford to spam like hell)
If i get to this point my enemy is weak compared to me because otherwise i should be dead by now.

This is why i say there is no point using medic kits and healers while you are in combat, if Huxley producers want to release a skill based game.

Last edited by Joker_xxx; 10-07-2007 at 09:45 AM.
Old 10-07-2007, 01:54 PM   #19 (permalink)
Training Grounds

motent is on a distinguished road

ohh so yu mean like bot medics, yeh, i still wouldnt want them
this game isnt lineage2, this game is huxley, realistic much?

i wouldnt like to see any medics, but who am i to choose.
if there was a human class of medics, man i wanna see so much atleast one person that would consider playing it. bahahaha
Old 11-07-2007, 01:24 PM   #20 (permalink)

Megaraider is on a distinguished road

If someone is hating medic..he muss tell me this in the face..i love being medic..so if hate them.. ------------ ok?Medic are great..everyone who dont like them should go play some tetris or something.

I will play medic..got a problem with that?

Last edited by CarnaGe; 11-07-2007 at 08:27 PM. Reason: double post