Huxley Game, Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter Game, MMOFPS

Subscribe to the forum RSS feed and keep up to date with all the latest posts!
Go Back   Huxley Forums > Huxley Classes & Races > Huxley Classes

Huxley Classes
Sub Forums:
Avenger - Enforcer - Phantom

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30-05-2008, 11:41 PM   #1 (permalink)

Detnation is on a distinguished road
Default Male or Female?

So who is going to pick a female over a male? Cause you already know someone is going to cause there is always that huge group of female chars being played by males.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 31-05-2008, 03:26 AM   #2 (permalink)

Grind is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Male or Female?

This is the only decision that I am sure of for Huxley. I'm kind of straying toward playing an enforcer, I'm kind of leaning toward joining saps, but I know that I want to look as mean as possible, so I'll be playing a male
Old 22-06-2008, 01:32 AM   #3 (permalink)
Training Grounds

Pyjack is on a distinguished road

If hitboxes are designed off of model sizes, i'll be playing a female.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 14-09-2008, 10:55 AM   #4 (permalink)
Training Grounds

RubixCube is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detnation View Post
So who is going to pick a female over a male? Cause you already know someone is going to cause there is always that huge group of all of the female chars are being played by males.

Fixed =).

But seriously, male. The "I don't want to stare at a male's backside" argument won't work here, it's first-person. The Tomb-Raider/Dead or Alive superchicks are cliche. Stop it already. No more female NE rogues pls...

I'd enjoy a game where you could actually tell if a player is female or male.

But I swear, if any girl starts flirting with me to get items or some shit, I'm not dumb enough to think you're not male. This is the internetz. Everyone is male by default unless proven otherwise through voice chat.
Old 03-11-2008, 06:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
Training Grounds

KyraOmega is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to KyraOmega

I am a female player and I always used to play with the female toons until I discovered I was (in general) the only "real" female in the game. lolz! Now I only use the male toons and I always get a kick out of everyone's reactions when I join a voice chat. B-T-W Do you think there will be a limit to the number of characters you are allowed to have? I always like to make at least one of every class because I enjoy playing as everything.
Old 04-11-2008, 07:32 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyraOmega View Post
. B-T-W Do you think there will be a limit to the number of characters you are allowed to have? I always like to make at least one of every class because I enjoy playing as everything.
I remember reading an interview a while back that said that webzen was thinking of limiting players to 1 character per server. But that could very well have changed because it's a pretty old interview.
Old 07-11-2008, 07:38 AM   #7 (permalink)

Nytemare37 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubixCube View Post
Fixed =).

But seriously, male. The "I don't want to stare at a male's backside" argument won't work here, it's first-person.
There's a third person camera, good try though, you know you want it.
Old 08-11-2008, 02:54 AM   #8 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Murvel is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Murvel

Female, always female. Due to the simple reason that females have less target area. Unless the hitboxes are as big as the male ones but just invisible, which I certainly hope is not the case.
Old 09-11-2008, 12:55 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murvel View Post
Female, always female. Due to the simple reason that females have less target area. Unless the hitboxes are as big as the male ones but just invisible, which I certainly hope is not the case.
Isn't that how it is in many other FPS? I haven't really looked into it, but I was under the impression that games like UT where the females are a little smaller than the males have the same hitboxes, they just look smaller (Which still has its benefits).
Old 16-01-2009, 05:59 AM   #10 (permalink)
Training Grounds

Gman6817 is on a distinguished road

I would hope that there is only a visual advantage to a female character (being a smaller-looking target) and not an actual advantage.
Old 03-03-2009, 11:35 AM   #11 (permalink)
Training Grounds

wildbill is on a distinguished road

ill start off as male, but switch to female if they look better.
Old 15-03-2009, 08:49 PM   #12 (permalink)

Chaddledee is on a distinguished road

I think I will be female, what with the smaller hit-boxes and stuff, and even if not, they are smaller to see. Female Syn Phantom wearing black armour with Stealth and faster sprinting. Try and hit me now!
Old 29-03-2009, 07:50 PM   #13 (permalink)
Training Grounds

JackAttackFTW is on a distinguished road

I would hope the hitboxes are the same for both, it would just seem a little strange to see only females hopping around blowing each other up haha. There is still of course the advantage of flat out being smaller, which is useful for hiding and whatnot. But if they do have slightly smaller hitboxes, should males have slightly more resistance for balance? Note the question mark, its a question, not a suggestion.