Huxley Game, Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter Game, MMOFPS

Subscribe to the forum RSS feed and keep up to date with all the latest posts!
Go Back   Huxley Forums > Huxley Classes & Races > Huxley Classes

Huxley Classes
Sub Forums:
Avenger - Enforcer - Phantom

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15-04-2007, 06:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
Training Grounds

Jesus is on a distinguished road
Post Size Of Races

As we see in the videos, it seems that the sapiens are smaller, thinner compared to the alternatives, won't this make the alternatives easier to hit and will so take more damage? or will there armour have a sort of counter balance to amount of damage they take?

Thoughts ppl?

+ I was thinking about the terrain on this game, it looks bumpy and too many objects in the way for phantoms to get a good shot + the game seems to move to fast for phantoms to actually be useful, because the chance of someone getting a headshot is slim. Will the avengers and enforcers just move to quickly and get the most xp etc?

thoughties?

Last edited by gobbly2100; 14-06-2007 at 12:09 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 16-04-2007, 04:15 AM   #2 (permalink)
Training Grounds

Trigunner is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Size

new say thoughties again.....ever.

but ya im not sure what theyll do about that, but it makes sense that youll want to be as small a target ass possible
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 16-04-2007, 09:34 AM   #3 (permalink)

Dynatics is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Dynatics

Have you played Utk2003/utk2004?, Death match is chaos but i was still capable of making nasty headshots, it all depends on your way of play.

-Dynatics,
Old 17-04-2007, 02:52 AM   #4 (permalink)
Super Moderator

187 Phantom is on a distinguished road

snipers have never been the ones to get the most kills mostly bcause they w8 for people to come into their sights rather than going around to find people. and sniping gets boring. thays y i get the feeling phantoms arent going to be limited to long-range strategies.
Old 17-04-2007, 07:29 PM   #5 (permalink)
Emperor of the Forum

Ghos7 is on a distinguished road

Usually, if a class is called phantom, that means that they will be the stealth class, and everyone knows that stealth is not limited to sniping. Heck, I definetely won't be investing all my skill points in sniping, i'd rather go for stealth, melee weapons, and camoflauge aka invisibility.
Old 18-04-2007, 01:37 AM   #6 (permalink)
Super Moderator

187 Phantom is on a distinguished road

ditto,
ive never enjoyed sniping like i enjoy making a close-range kill on enemy turf.
it's so much more personal
Old 06-05-2007, 10:12 PM   #7 (permalink)
Training Grounds

Psiclone is on a distinguished road

I'd think there'd be some sort of health modifier for the characters size. The Alteraver for example is supposed to be stronger, what does stronger mean when you have guns? Obviously they can take more damage.
Old 11-06-2007, 07:42 PM   #8 (permalink)

InsaneRussian is on a distinguished road

Well many people are misstaken about the sniper class... They think they'll camp and get good points for that, every class has it's own resposebility which is vital to their team and snipers is a very hard job.
Why many obstecals, so you will have a chance of survaving against spamers with big machine guns :P
Old 14-06-2007, 12:22 AM   #9 (permalink)

QuickshotDjb is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psiclone View Post
I'd think there'd be some sort of health modifier for the characters size. The Alteraver for example is supposed to be stronger, what does stronger mean when you have guns? Obviously they can take more damage.
race health difference might take effect, however.. that would cause and inbalance and cause them to have to make an equilizer, which will most likly make one better than the other, eventualy going in a complete chain of power loosing more and more players.

class health differentuality has already been discussed, they will all have the same health, but armor ACTUALY does somthing and protects.
Old 13-07-2007, 04:49 AM   #10 (permalink)

Grim_Reaper is on a distinguished road

Im pretty sure that size doesnt really matter when getting hit and getting headshots. In Gears of War the characters are slightly different in size but all are virtually the same. Same thing with Halo 2. You can pick spartan or elite, again, 2 different sizes, same abilities
Old 13-07-2007, 08:32 AM   #11 (permalink)

eclipsedmind is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to eclipsedmind

Quote:
Originally Posted by 187 Phantom View Post
snipers have never been the ones to get the most kills mostly bcause they w8 for people to come into their sights rather than going around to find people. and sniping gets boring. thays y i get the feeling phantoms arent going to be limited to long-range strategies.
not true i am not a camper sniper i will roam.you get one kill move it gives away your position if someone else sees the shot
Old 13-07-2007, 08:55 AM   #12 (permalink)

Joker_xxx is on a distinguished road

Offcourse sapiens have small bodies compared with alternatives but who knows maybe if sapiens are the smart ones, they will also have huge heads:P
Old 13-07-2007, 03:53 PM   #13 (permalink)

ha ha ha you wish i thought that sniping elites in halo2 was much easy cus they're head poke out all those in favour say aye
Old 23-10-2007, 06:46 PM   #14 (permalink)
Training Grounds

Redstompa is on a distinguished road

In favor of what?

ALSO; the bigger you are the more likely you are to get hit. simple. I think its fairly obvious that the bigger more melee oriented characters are gonna get a health bonus... it simply wouldn't be fair otherwise. Plus people would be useing them more as stealth units in order to hide their bulk and prevent them from getting shot up... thats stupid considering that the enforcers are supposed to be front line cannon fodder in my opinion.

As for me... I'm gonna pick Avenger. I used to be really good at sniping, and then I realized that it really wasnt as much fun to sit around then it is to be the one hunting your enemies down in mid-close range combat.

perhaps ill get a sniper- or are weapons such as these class specific?
Old 26-02-2008, 06:13 PM   #15 (permalink)
Training Grounds

Kerfuffin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redstompa View Post
In favor of what?

ALSO; the bigger you are the more likely you are to get hit. simple. I think its fairly obvious that the bigger more melee oriented characters are gonna get a health bonus... it simply wouldn't be fair otherwise. Plus people would be useing them more as stealth units in order to hide their bulk and prevent them from getting shot up... thats stupid considering that the enforcers are supposed to be front line cannon fodder in my opinion.

As for me... I'm gonna pick Avenger. I used to be really good at sniping, and then I realized that it really wasnt as much fun to sit around then it is to be the one hunting your enemies down in mid-close range combat.

perhaps ill get a sniper- or are weapons such as these class specific?

They already said all classes have the same health, but the 'closer' you are to the front the more armor u have.

on the question of the sniper: the way i see it you can train in any weapon but u wont get to use ur special abilities and stuff with it. so u could train 1 rank or w.e in snipers and the rest in regular avenger weapons and skills

edit- your sniper will be the basic one, so dont expect to have the advantage over the pure sniper phantoms
Old 27-02-2008, 12:16 AM   #16 (permalink)

Grind is on a distinguished road

Wouldn't all the races have the same size hit boxes though? I mean having a smaller character may make you harder to see and everything, but I'd assume that the hitboxes would be the same size.

So even if I'm a skinny little guy, once you find me, you'll still be able to hit me as easily as the same class of the enemy race.

And there's always use for a sniper :D you just gotta be good
Old 29-02-2008, 02:39 PM   #17 (permalink)

Why use Sniper rifles now,I mean i wanted to be a sniper and stuff earlier but then i Leaned toward being supportive weapons such as Air support in Battlefirled ad Halo 3,And that got me in the real mood.
Old 20-05-2008, 03:47 PM   #18 (permalink)
Training Grounds

Zw0lf is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind View Post
Wouldn't all the races have the same size hit boxes though? I mean having a smaller character may make you harder to see and everything, but I'd assume that the hitboxes would be the same size.

So even if I'm a skinny little guy, once you find me, you'll still be able to hit me as easily as the same class of the enemy race.

And there's always use for a sniper :D you just gotta be good

I would have to agree. Having the same size hitbox would make the most sense to me. As for sniping, if the person is good, and I've known alot of good ones in the past in other FPS games, the sniper can be the most dangerous class out there. I have never been the greatest at it as I am more of a support character at heart but for someone with the skills.... lets just say I think alot of people will be getting that no headshot ability to protect them...