Huxley Game, Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter Game, MMOFPS

Subscribe to the forum RSS feed and keep up to date with all the latest posts!
Go Back   Huxley Forums > Huxley Classes & Races > Huxley Classes

Huxley Classes
Sub Forums:
Avenger - Enforcer - Phantom

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29-07-2007, 09:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
Training Grounds

gamer suic is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Squads

there is one problem with the original post...squads are 4 people...4 in squad, 5 squads in ..., and 5 ...s in ... sorry i couldnt remember the name of those other...its possible that i am wrong but i was dang sure that was what i had heard
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 29-07-2007, 10:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
Training Grounds

gamer suic is on a distinguished road

ok yea so everybody's post says 5 so maybe im wrong...for some reason i could have sworn 4 in squad...as for the makeup of a squad i would say probably the least number of phantoms and then either equal or one more enforcer and the rest avengers...i will also agree that avengers will be the squad leaders for most squads...but i dont think that is necessarily because they are better suited but just because they are the least specialized of the three classes...i would say, though, that the leader, at least for the squad that i am in, will not be based on the class of any individual but simply each persons ability to lead...if the phantom (which will be me) can lead then the phantom will be the leader...also i am going to try my hardest to get 3 or 4 (whatever the case might be) people that i personally know so that we will be honest to each other about our abilities
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 19-11-2007, 05:23 AM   #3 (permalink)
Training Grounds

homesmack is on a distinguished road

i would say have an avenger or 2 in front of the enforcer and a sniper in the back so when walking into a fight the 2 avenger break away diverting attention away form the enforcer to wind up his mini gun or what ever he would have and of course the sniper would being trying to pick guys off
Old 08-05-2007, 01:50 AM   #4 (permalink)
Emperor of the Forum

Ghos7 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Speaking of this how would you have a match or testing ground in your clan. And you you be able to have clan wars with clans in your faction?
I know it's late but I didn't read this before. Well, when I said that, I was thinking of another game entirely, but now I'm thinking arena.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind View Post
I Like all the stuff about the squads, and I really can't wait to join a clan when the game comes out. I love setting up strategies and all that with my team mates.

Not sure, if I want to be an avenger or an enforcer. I can't help but like the idea of being an enforcer and having someone say "unleash him on the enemy" or something like that lol. We'll see though.

I'm curious to see what the bases that we will be attacking and defending will look like. If they would be more like apartments with lots of rooms and a long hallway. Or like some planetside bases with a bunch of tunnels and a few main rooms.

anyone think an avenger could literaly take cover behind an enforcer and shoot over his shoulder or something? Like have 4 enforcers walking shoulder to shoulder, and have some avengers and phantoms right behind them shooting just past their heads.

That might work if you were either in a tight defensive spot with no real cover, or if you were trying to get across a large open field. It would be cool to see at least
The phalanx idea is a bad idea. The way I think your seeing it is that enforcers are big, invincible soldiers that can take rocket launcher shots and live. But in truth, they can probably take twice as many shots as an avenger(4 times as much as a phantom), which is probably a lot, but I still think they couldn't take so many shots that they could walk across a battlefield with more than 200 people and live.
Old 31-07-2007, 12:59 AM   #5 (permalink)

Skaterepp is on a distinguished road

Complete Pwnage!!!!!!!!!
Old 31-07-2007, 02:27 AM   #6 (permalink)
Training Grounds

Gatermag is on a distinguished road

sounds like a perfect mix for strategy and action
Old 18-11-2007, 04:04 PM   #7 (permalink)
Super Moderator

zeekgenateer is on a distinguished road

Ok, lots of people have talked about tactics and this is (I think) where serious tactics discussion began. I've some new ideas and some rebuttals for what people have posted since I've read this, so here goes.

Squads should be made up with 6-8 people, and should be configured for situation, or officer's preference. I personally think that snipers are the most powerful in any well designed game, If they can aim. With a sniper you can take an enforcer in 2 shots to the head. Not that tough anymore, eh? So my squad would probably be 2 phantoms, 4 avengers and 2 enforcers. Yes enforcers are tough, but slow, well placed shots WILL take them out quickly. Avengers will be the main force because of their versatility, they can do many jobs and have some good armor. They can take the front because with greater numbers and speed, an enemy would have to choose which one to fire on, then the others can flank and eliminate. Enforcers would be right behind them coming in to finish the enemy off. Phantoms would overlook the enemy and take shots when they know they can finish them off. No need to let the enemy know they're there.

Any one class can be the officer, but I see it as the phantom. The phantom is in back and less exposed to fire. A phantom is not always thinking about the route in front of them, but others as well. A phantom can move quickly, if the squad needs to withdraw and regroup a phantom can move forward and support the squad while pulling out. Enforcers are not so much suited for command, they cannot move quickly, if the enforcer is taken out, the squad is without a connection to upper levels of command. And to sort out the problem of Phantoms not knowing the status of the tank, the tank should let everyone know when his health is at 50%, 30%, 10% and between 30 and 10 the enforcer should back off. A wounded soldier does as much damage with a gun as a healthy soldier does. Taking out someone instead of just wounding them is what you must concentrate on. Focus fire on one enemy, then shift it, you'll take down enemies more quickly and with more health to spare.
Old 30-12-2007, 04:59 AM   #8 (permalink)
Training Grounds

Kerfuffin is on a distinguished road

I would not have each squad have a mix of units. if it is gonna be an assult squad put 2/3 avengers and 3/2 enforcers. if its gonna be more of a covering or supressing fire squad put 4/3 snipers and 1/2 avengers for protection or to help fire.
Old 02-01-2008, 06:23 PM   #9 (permalink)
Super Moderator

zeekgenateer is on a distinguished road

Why mix units? For flexibility. A sniper is great in urban situations, let's say your squad is under fire in a choke point. The sniper and possibly an Avenger can pull back to give accurate fire on enemy positions and the enforcers can move up under the suppression fire. Yes in some situations a more focused squad should be used, but if the commander of the battle cannot coordinate all the specific types of squads and use them effectively the benefit of a squad's specialization.

I wonder how the commanders in battle will be picked. It'd be nice if say a vote system that also factors in the command or battle experience previous to either add votes to those who have done well or when a good person votes they have more than a newbie. The command echelon might be where the gameplay is make or break, and hopefully they will have put good thought into it.
Old 04-01-2008, 02:36 PM   #10 (permalink)

eclipsedmind is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to eclipsedmind

OR EVEN BETTER!,What....just stick with me this may be of a shock to you people with heart problems....YOu....wait....YOu,yes you be the guy everybody hates!such as carrying the flag the wrong way,Shooting the squad captain.Or even pressing the big red button labelled "BOOM".But hey thats just my plans.

But seriously speaking.Bein' part of a squad has it's ups and down sides.One as you saw above is being paired up with FNGs like that.But having a team with a great leader and co-operatativly .And with squads?Would there be like a supreme commander of the factions?Like a general of the Sapiens or something who plans where the army attacks?
Old 15-01-2008, 05:49 PM   #11 (permalink)
Training Grounds

Sith Michael is on a distinguished road

Can you use vehicles in battlefields? Like being a phantomm, fly upp on a topp and snipe people.

You're less than inhuman, a pitiful defect, a failed science project. Sending you back to your maker would be an act of mercy
Old 15-01-2008, 09:36 PM   #12 (permalink)

Blnukem is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Blnukem

Did you even read about the game at all? Yes, there will be vehicles.
Quote:
fly upp on a topp
That makes no sense to me, please explain what a "topp" is. (Top of a building or top of a hill/mountain)
Old 12-06-2008, 12:47 PM   #13 (permalink)
Training Grounds

Xerthil is on a distinguished road

I'd go with the original design. 1 Enforcer 1 Phantom and 3-4 Avengers. Of course that is meant mostly I'd say for Close Quarters Urban Conflict. If going to wide open areas, 1-2 Phantoms 2 Enforcers and 4 Avengers are most what I think is tactically best. Avengers are good in any situation, the enforcers perfect for the tank, and phantoms are good for scouting and hitting at long distances. About a squad leader. I do suggest the one with the most tactical and battlefield experience should be the leader. So it can be either Avenger, Enforcer or Phantom.
Old 12-06-2008, 07:54 PM   #14 (permalink)

Grind is on a distinguished road

Ok, so we know for sure that squads are going to be 4 people. They have a structured set up where there are 4 people in a squad, 5 squads (20 people) in a platoon, and 5 platoons (100 people) in a battalion.

That definitely limits some of the above squad suggestions. Unless you just want to combine two squads. After all it might be best to split your team up in sets of two squads each. That way if they come across a bigger force they'll have more of a chance to fight them off or wait for reins (reinforcements).

Also that would change it from having 20 little 4 man squads running around, to having 10 group of 8 running around, which may organize things a little better (in a good clan that may not be a problem, but in unorganized groups a little organization can help a lot)

For my single squad set up, I'd go with 2 enforcers, 1 avenger, 1 phantom.

I think a lot of people underestimate the enforcer. Yeah they're supposed to be the most heavily armored class, but that doesn't mean they're going to be slowly walking through a battle asking for you took shoot off their head. If you watch some gameplay videos, enforcers can still move pretty quick and can definitely cause some destruction with rockets and grenade launchers.

I'd have the avenger constantly keeping his eye on the phantom while participating with the frontal fighting but staying back a ways behind the enforcers.

And of course the phantom in the back, either behind the avenger, or maybe with the avenger so they can watch each others back.

As for a squad leader. I agree with I agree Xerthil, anyone who has the experience, or is good at making smart decisions on the fly should be squad leader. They can always watch the HP of their squad mates and decide that it's time to pull out.
Old 14-06-2008, 06:37 PM   #15 (permalink)

shneb is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to shneb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind View Post
Ok, so we know for sure that squads are going to be 4 people. They have a structured set up where there are 4 people in a squad, 5 squads (20 people) in a platoon, and 5 platoons (100 people) in a battalion.

That definitely limits some of the above squad suggestions. Unless you just want to combine two squads. After all it might be best to split your team up in sets of two squads each. That way if they come across a bigger force they'll have more of a chance to fight them off or wait for reins (reinforcements).

Also that would change it from having 20 little 4 man squads running around, to having 10 group of 8 running around, which may organize things a little better (in a good clan that may not be a problem, but in unorganized groups a little organization can help a lot)

For my single squad set up, I'd go with 2 enforcers, 1 avenger, 1 phantom.

I think a lot of people underestimate the enforcer. Yeah they're supposed to be the most heavily armored class, but that doesn't mean they're going to be slowly walking through a battle asking for you took shoot off their head. If you watch some gameplay videos, enforcers can still move pretty quick and can definitely cause some destruction with rockets and grenade launchers.

I'd have the avenger constantly keeping his eye on the phantom while participating with the frontal fighting but staying back a ways behind the enforcers.

And of course the phantom in the back, either behind the avenger, or maybe with the avenger so they can watch each others back.

As for a squad leader. I agree with I agree Xerthil, anyone who has the experience, or is good at making smart decisions on the fly should be squad leader. They can always watch the HP of their squad mates and decide that it's time to pull out.
IM BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol yea like ur set out but id have more avengers than enforcers tbh.
Old 14-06-2008, 09:08 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shneb View Post
IM BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol yea like ur set out but id have more avengers than enforcers tbh.
More avengers could be the way to go, it kind of all depends how much the classes really differ.

If an avenger can still pack on quite a bit of armor and live through a little zerg of enemies then they could definitely take the place of an extra enforcer.

And welcome back! lol
Old 22-06-2008, 05:36 PM   #17 (permalink)
Training Grounds

Pyjack is on a distinguished road

I'd much rather our phantom be the pilot. Pending on how much a drop ship can hold. Bring in 2 squads parachute in fly off to a safe area, come back and give outside cover fire. Not to mention with a little help from ventrilo, you'll know what's coming from what door. Good bye offence.

The only thing that matters about where you will take your Phantom (besides what they are personally capable of), is going to be their weapon load out. If they have a 12x zoom on a gun with no 0x crossairs unless they practice, or played alot of Q3 without crossairs, they probably won't be too good up close.
Old 23-06-2008, 05:18 AM   #18 (permalink)

shneb is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to shneb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyjack View Post
I'd much rather our phantom be the pilot. Pending on how much a drop ship can hold. Bring in 2 squads parachute in fly off to a safe area, come back and give outside cover fire. Not to mention with a little help from ventrilo, you'll know what's coming from what door. Good bye offence.

The only thing that matters about where you will take your Phantom (besides what they are personally capable of), is going to be their weapon load out. If they have a 12x zoom on a gun with no 0x crossairs unless they practice, or played alot of Q3 without crossairs, they probably won't be too good up close.
well as its been noted m8 the phantom class does not have 2 be a sniper btw. becasue of stealth they will be verry verry strong closerange class lets say ur running along by ureself looking 2 get ur own kills or something then out of no where a phantom comes out of stealth behind u and litreally owns u with a shotgun or melle . yes they wont be abel 2 take alot of dmg but they will deal it out easly anuff think of them as a rouge from WoW but with a better snipeing stats. the classes in this game are not entirly limited 2 passific weps just from what class you choose they will have a more of an advantage with 1 class of wep than the others and with armoure and sockets and stuff mabay avengers and enforcers will be abel 2 stealth if they have the ryt gear but becasue they have heavyr armoure prob will move alot slowr in stealth. and for like lets say an enforcer with stealth would be stupid casue they are more a tanking class so would use there sockets for like lets say more resilience.

p.s THANK YOU GRIND ITS GOOD 2 BE BACK!

Last edited by shneb; 23-06-2008 at 05:26 AM.
Old 23-06-2008, 05:42 PM   #19 (permalink)
Training Grounds

Pyjack is on a distinguished road

I still think they should be pretty much a badass with melee, not like its hard to avoid melee or anyhting. to close to snipe to far to knife. theres that potential dead zone where only your pistol is going to be really efficient, a snipe is just luck(assuming there will be recoil), and a knife is just too far. Even is Cloaking is rediculously good, which I'm sure they will fuck up just like every other game, you get your knife their squad goes " OH SHIT HE GOT KNIFED" they all turn lay down 3-5 shots more than likely that phantom is down. Sort of like the HL2 mod The Hidden. invisble guy with a knife and some pipe bombs moves fast and is only 2% visible.
Old 23-06-2008, 05:55 PM   #20 (permalink)

Well from the videos I've seen the snipers actually have crosshairs (maybe not necessarily an "X" but a little circle or dot) to aim with while their not looking through their scope.

So once you get pretty good with the sniper and get used to how Huxley feels, snipers should be pretty decent at picking people off from midrange without their scope. The only problem being that if they're staying out in the open trying to shoot someone at midrange, there will probably going to be lots rockets and lots of bullets headed there way.