Huxley Game, Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter Game, MMOFPS

Subscribe to the forum RSS feed and keep up to date with all the latest posts!
Go Back   Huxley Forums > Huxley Forums > Huxley Beta

Huxley Beta This board is only for discussion about the Huxley beta only.

LinkBack (4) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-07-2007, 03:59 AM   4 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1 (permalink)
Training Grounds

CoyG is on a distinguished road
Default September Closed Beta Test for Huxley

Received this investor relations email from Webzen today…the last line says that September is when closed beta test will begin…<O</O
<O</O
Email<O</O
Woori Investment Securities acquired 497,649 shares of Webzen’s treasury stock through an overtime block trade transaction on June 29. This amount is equal to 3.83% of the total outstanding shares, and Webzen’s remaining treasury stock balance after this sale is 261,700 shares (2%). <O></O>
Through this deal, Webzen has obtained a friendly long-term partner and will be able to achieve sustainable growth through the launch of its new games under stable management. Webzen stated that this deal will help improve its short-term cash flow and will positively affect it’s financial structure. Woori Investment Securities stated that the investment decision was based on Webzen’s growth potential and that it will provide continuous support and cooperation so that Webzen obtains long-term growth.<O</O
<O</O
Webzen’s next blockbuster game Huxley is scheduled to begin close beta testing in September of 2007."<O</O
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 18-07-2007, 04:12 AM   #2 (permalink)

Lexington is on a distinguished road
Default Re: September Closed Beta Test for Huxley

sorry im just to skeptic about that, dont supose i can see a printscreen from your email?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 18-07-2007, 04:35 AM   #3 (permalink)

InsaneRussian is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexington View Post
sorry im just to skeptic about that, dont supose i can see a printscreen from your email?
Nono man i believe him and don't worry it can fully be true cause i heard about it coming out in september but dont remember where but here they state that the beta will be out in 3rd quarters of 2007 and i seen the same thing on multiple websites and somewhere it was something about it coming out in september, don't remember where, so i trust this guy :P

P.S: Translate the text with google translater from japanese to englsih and read the end line.
Old 18-07-2007, 06:13 AM   #4 (permalink)

connnnn is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to connnnn

Strictly speaking, "closed beta testing" could mean a very wide range of things. I don't think it's necessarily any reason to get excited, although it's a good indication that the game is in fact moving along in production. So basically, yes the game does still exist, and yes, it's getting close to a playable state.

It's more info than we had before :P
Old 18-07-2007, 07:04 AM   #5 (permalink)
I BRING THA PAIN

Decent_xVICIOUSx is on a distinguished road

just hearing bout beta means its finally ganna come after all this waiting *sigh* i might cry then mow sum1 down wit my big A$$ minigun lol
Old 18-07-2007, 07:15 AM   #6 (permalink)
Training Grounds

Chiana is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: September Closed Beta Test for Huxley

2006 2007 2008 going once, twice . . . Sol . . . awh well i guess we better wait and see.

yeah two years over due, I bet they are having a little cash flow problem.
I guess that pretty much means that there is going to be a monthly fee, and if I know Koreans (and I do) its not going to be cheap.
Old 18-07-2007, 08:06 AM   #7 (permalink)

Megaraider is on a distinguished road

Yeah..webzen spend big money on SuN..and what is for Huxley...nothing...the only thing we can do is to wait...I dont see other options.
Old 18-07-2007, 08:58 AM   #8 (permalink)

connnnn is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to connnnn

Honestly, there was never any chance at all of this game coming out in Summer 2006... that was a ridiculous date to put on the original vids, and frankly I'm STILL not convinced it wasn't some sort of typo or something. UT3 isn't even coming out for another 3 months... and it would have been insane for Huxley to be finished before that game.

In other words, I don't think they've been neglecting Huxley, I just don't think there's any way they could have finished the game as soon as everyone wanted. At least, not without cutting massive amounts of corners and throwing away half of their ideas.
Old 18-07-2007, 01:17 PM   #9 (permalink)

Bhoginator is on a distinguished road

Well they're biggest mistake was releasing a date so early...your always supposed to prepare for the worst in which case back in 2006 they should have said it would be coming out 2008 and then they would have more flexibility to work and change the release date.
Old 18-07-2007, 03:22 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by connnnn View Post
Honestly, there was never any chance at all of this game coming out in Summer 2006... that was a ridiculous date to put on the original vids, and frankly I'm STILL not convinced it wasn't some sort of typo or something. UT3 isn't even coming out for another 3 months... and it would have been insane for Huxley to be finished before that game.

In other words, I don't think they've been neglecting Huxley, I just don't think there's any way they could have finished the game as soon as everyone wanted. At least, not without cutting massive amounts of corners and throwing away half of their ideas.
Well yeah that's what i was trying to say the whole time, good somebody agrees =)
I mean that the most thing worries me is that Webzen has several games releasing one after another and it's hard to keep the track for them which to release when and how to do so it will be good for business, no speaking of the other games who interfer with Huxley plus all other Webzen games interfer with Huxley so it's huge mess among the Webzen people. But i bet they release UT3 before Huxley since the game wouldn't bee as good as Huxley, but people will buy it cause it has many fans and after it's release month or so Huxley will come out. But that's just me patheticly hoping for it to be so.
Old 18-07-2007, 04:47 PM   #11 (permalink)
Training Grounds

SystematicGenocide is on a distinguished road

Woo, can't wait for the beta, I hope enough people here in America get in to work on spreading the hype.
Old 18-07-2007, 05:01 PM   #12 (permalink)

I just hope it wouldn't be closed beta in that matter where only developers from different companies and business partness get to try the beta, i hope it would be public closed beta, that players get to play it, only some but still.
Old 18-07-2007, 05:27 PM   #13 (permalink)

Benny is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
2006 2007 2008 going once, twice . . . Sol . . . awh well i guess we better wait and see.

yeah two years over due, I bet they are having a little cash flow problem.
I guess that pretty much means that there is going to be a monthly fee, and if I know Koreans (and I do) its not going to be cheap.
I could bare with the thought of buying Windows Vista sooner or later, but if it costs much more to play than World of Warcraft (say 5 - 10$ more) then I'll go find another game. I just know I'm gonna play this game for alot of years if I start.
I have only played WoW, so I only know the monthly fee on that game. Someone mentioned that being expensive. What exactly is the normal monthly fee on MMOG's?
Old 18-07-2007, 05:36 PM   #14 (permalink)

baddb0y93 is on a distinguished road

well the normal monthly fee wud be about 15$ ... and i cant wait till the beta starts and i hope it s in america and beta be public closed beta !
Old 18-07-2007, 06:22 PM   #15 (permalink)
Training Grounds

WaVe is on a distinguished road

"close beta testing"

You sure he didn't write that by himself?

I'll just keep checking on this site.

Or maybe he can't copypaste.
Old 18-07-2007, 06:56 PM   #16 (permalink)

QuickshotDjb is on a distinguished road

closed beta means one step closer to the game... and since their now financialy stable.. we should expect the game released between 09/07-06/08

really hope they have worldwide open beta 0.o
Old 18-07-2007, 09:37 PM   #17 (permalink)

Ao1xSniperkev is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Ao1xSniperkev

maybe they will let some of the regulars on this site to get in on it or At least let gobbly in.
Old 18-07-2007, 10:07 PM   #18 (permalink)

Bhoginator is on a distinguished road

Just wanting to comment on all the people that are wondering if and what the monthly fee will be...well I am pretty sure there will be, and i have been hearing people wondering how much it is...I haven't ever played an MMO, or at least relatively modern, that wasn't 14.99...maybe some of the old ones are cheaper but thats the only price iv'e ever seen...anyone else seen different? I imagine that is what this one will be too.
Old 19-07-2007, 12:26 AM   #19 (permalink)

baddb0y93 is on a distinguished road

yea mosts mmos are usualy 15$ and some of the old 1ns are mabe 10$ and theres a high chance itl be 15$ and mabe no fee :P lots of asian games have that crap that u can buy ubber stuff and nice armor for real monet but i highly doubt that for huxley
Old 19-07-2007, 09:47 AM   #20 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Murvel is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Murvel

This topic is not about a monthly fee, if you wish to discuss that matter feel free to search the endless topics regarding that.

Now, back to topic!