Huxley Game, Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter Game, MMOFPS

Subscribe to the forum RSS feed and keep up to date with all the latest posts!
Go Back   Huxley Forums > Huxley Classes & Races > Huxley Classes > Avenger

Avenger Forum for talking about the avenger class in Huxley, avenger is the midrange combat class.

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28-03-2007, 03:47 AM   1 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1 (permalink)

TKO headsh0t is on a distinguished road
Default Avengers - Weapons & Skills

Alright so what makes Avengers a mid-range class do you guys think? My guess is that they have a specialization in assault rifles while also being able to wield some sort of SMG. I also believe that one of their skills is "identifying enemies on the battlefield," could this possibly mean seeing the Health/Shield status of enemy fighters? Would it detect camouflaged Phantoms? Is it possible that they may have some sort of trap ability? To keep the enemy...let's say Enforcer, at bay while they unload with an assault rifle on the Enforcer's head? Would they get some sort of throwing object possibly? Grappling hooks maybe? Please post all your thoughts, half-minded or otherwise!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 28-03-2007, 11:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
God
Training Grounds

God is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Avengers - weapons and skills.

I am hoping that they do have same equipment you mentioned, especially because i am hoping to be an avenger myself. And a graphling hook would be awesome. I read in some other forums though, that there will not be specified classes that you choose from, and certain weapons for them, but that you just customize your armor and weapons to your playstyle. I dont know which will be the case though, but if there are specified weapons for certain classes, i hope all the equipment you mentioned will be included...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 28-03-2007, 11:44 PM   #3 (permalink)

Decent_xVICIOUSx is on a distinguished road

The avengers are proberly going to have assualt rifles, shotgun and hpefully grapling hooks.

Last edited by gobbly2100; 20-04-2007 at 03:26 AM.
Old 29-03-2007, 01:53 AM   #4 (permalink)

I wouldn't mind a shotgun, but remember, shotguns are more for the up-close-and-personal types, which would fall under Enforcer.
Old 29-03-2007, 03:05 AM   #5 (permalink)
Super Moderator

zeekgenateer is on a distinguished road

I like the idea of grappling hooks. But hears how I see it.

Avengers are the bread and butter of a squad. They are the most important part able to fight from medium range with assault rifles, and smgs. There would be more Avengers in a squad probably 4 Avengers for every 1 Enforcer and 1 Phantom. These troops working in concert would be able to take out an Enforcer or a Phantom who I seem as working more alone.

If Avengers had grappling hooks I think they only should be able to set them up but other classes could climb up them.
Old 29-03-2007, 03:26 AM   #6 (permalink)

yea exactly but i think if yer not an avenger u need 2 but a climbing hook 2 be able 2 climb of it like an upgrade or item from hook 2 electric mini wench 2 pull themselves up
Old 29-03-2007, 09:22 PM   #7 (permalink)

Squat Hobo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Squat Hobo

Yeah, Avengers should have some sort of infiltration techniques. Like the ability to scale walls.
Old 29-03-2007, 09:57 PM   #8 (permalink)

yea but i needs 2 be a item u buy then as u level up u get a licesne for it or u just need 2 upgrade your abilities or sumthn but i think that it would be cool u can upgrade from rope 2 grpaling hook 2 eletric wench and get pulle dup and can shoot while being pulled up
Old 30-03-2007, 12:58 AM   #9 (permalink)

Something else I find might be pretty interesting could be a taser/stun gun bayonet on the end of your gun, or at least for Enforcer, anyway back to the Avenger, a grappling hook that you could not only use to scale a wall, but hook people if they were running away and drag them down, or at least it would make them go slower. And then there is the matter of, you have to hold the hook somehow, so I'd say like either very bad accuracy with your gun, or a sidearm only, just to give them some sort of a chance. And another (bring this up to the eventual Mortal Kombat stance) a fatality-type move, walking up to them when they're on the ground (special move to shoot 'em onto the ground possibly?) anyway, and then shooting your grappling hook through their head and then ripping it off. POST YOUR IDEAS!
Old 12-04-2007, 04:25 AM   #10 (permalink)

Lucran is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squat Hobo View Post
Yeah, Avengers should have some sort of infiltration techniques. Like the ability to scale walls.

I think thats more of a phantom thing.Like for getting to good sniping spots.
Old 31-03-2007, 02:14 PM   #11 (permalink)
God
Training Grounds

God is on a distinguished road

I think the graphling hook is the best idea for the avengers, but it would also be good if they got some type of radar/scanner type thing, to detect people and vehicles with, especially snipers
Old 31-03-2007, 05:25 PM   #12 (permalink)
Emperor of the Forum

Ghos7 is on a distinguished road

I think the grappling hook should go to the Phantom, because their snipers, so they might have to climb a small cliff to get a good sniping spot or something. Maybe the Avenger would get to have things that the enforcer would normally wield, or the phantom would normally wield because he's in the middle, inbetween. Maybe he'll get a assault shotgun, plus a semi long range 3 round burst assault rifle(it has a small 2x zoom), with neither as powerful as what a phantom or enforcer gets.
Old 12-04-2007, 01:35 PM   #13 (permalink)

Dynatics is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Dynatics

You can't allow one class to climb walls or whatever when others can't.

-Dynatics
Old 12-04-2007, 09:06 PM   #14 (permalink)

Uhh....yes, you can. That's the whole point of being another class, you get abilities other classes don't have, durrrrrrrrr.:confuse d:
Old 12-04-2007, 10:33 PM   #15 (permalink)
Training Grounds

prjngl is on a distinguished road

well it can't be where one class can do something so extreme as to prevent the other classes from countering it effectively, (like allowing one class to have the ability to climb a wall to a roof of a building that is inaccessible to the other classes)... in my opinion that would be just SILLY
-i can see the differences being more along the lines of classes having different precision/skill-level or whatever, with certain weapons, or being able to run a little faster or have different stats, like health MAYBE, or armor (speed and armor though have been mentioned to be differing characteristics between the races, so idk)
Old 12-04-2007, 11:47 PM   #16 (permalink)

I don't think they will change health currencies, can imagine Speed / Armor / Jump height?.

-Dynatics
Old 13-04-2007, 04:33 PM   #17 (permalink)

Well obviously the Enforcer is gonna have a hell of a lot more health than a Phantom...
Old 13-04-2007, 07:19 PM   #18 (permalink)

I don't agree to that, i think everyone will have the same amount of health, but different armor ratings.

I don't wanna have to make 26 headshots before one of those damn enforcers gonna die.

-Dynatics
Old 19-08-2007, 07:04 AM   #19 (permalink)

Skaterepp is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynatics View Post
I don't agree to that, i think everyone will have the same amount of health, but different armor ratings.

I don't wanna have to make 26 headshots before one of those damn enforcers gonna die.

-Dynatics
of coarse they'll have more health.... why would they make them invisible and be just as strong!!

Last edited by CarnaGe; 20-08-2007 at 12:56 AM.
Old 13-04-2007, 08:30 PM   #20 (permalink)

xer011 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to xer011 Send a message via MSN to xer011

What Weapons I would like to see them use-
Rockets
Maybe RPGs
Assault Rifle
Heavy Ass Armor(like in PS where you can be a max.I love pissing noobs off)
Chain Guns

Skills:
Medic
Air Strike(aka Arty)