Huxley Forums

Huxley Forums (http://www.huxleygame.com/forum/)
-   Huxley News (http://www.huxleygame.com/forum/huxley-news/)
-   -   WEBZEN Announces The First Closed Beta Test For Huxley (http://www.huxleygame.com/forum/huxley-news/2228-webzen-announces-first-closed-beta-test-huxley.html)

gobbly2100 22-08-2007 12:51 PM

WEBZEN Announces The First Closed Beta Test For Huxley

Great news everyone, we now have the confirmed date for the Huxley closed beta testing, here is what we found straight from Webzen:

Quote:

Global online entertainment company WEBZEN Inc. (WEBZEN - Global Digital Entertainment Leader) announced today the dates of the much-anticipated first closed beta test for Huxley¢â, the next-generation MMOFPS. The closed beta test will start on September 13.

One of the year¡¯s most anticipated titles, Huxley is the cutting-edge, next-generation MMOFPS, fusing traditional FPS with the quest and character growth system of the MMORPG. Being developed as a truly global game title for Webzen, Huxley has already been creating a sensation in the markets in Europe and North America with rave reviews and a $35 million deal with a Chinese publisher.

After 999 lucky beta testers are selected from the official Huxley website beginning on August 28, the closed beta test will take place from September 13 for five days. For the first time ever, testers will get a chance to experience the city where the characters live and breath. They will also be treated to a variety of play modes such as team death match and radar domination, as well as the core systems, including the quest, not seen before in standard FPS games.

¡°With Huxley¡¯s many innovative elements, gamers are in for a totally different experience,¡± said Nam-Ju Kim, chief executive officer of Webzen, Inc. ¡°Huxley is sure to challenge the existing genres with a new look and feel in multiple platforms. We¡¯re extremely confident that this title will set a new standard in MMOFPS.¡±

Meanwhile, Webzen has been conducting various testing and external network tests with a focus group since June to better gauge gamer preferences and evaluate the game¡¯s stability. The first closed beta test is a part of a planned series of user tests.
Click here to check out the investor relations newsletter

EDIT: The Huxley beta testing scheduled for the 13th of September is available to Korean players only!

This information is direct from Webzen.

eclipsedmind 22-08-2007 01:56 PM

Re: WEBZEN Announces The First Closed Beta Test For Huxley

so those 999 "lucky people" are already organized for it for september?so way im gonna check the official site now!

Designer0 22-08-2007 07:03 PM

i think the first people who respond to this Thread should get a spot;)

xerox01 22-08-2007 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Designer0 (Post 26781)

i agree with this man.

SG Kazo 22-08-2007 11:05 PM

Sounds good, I really hope to get into the beta!

Crazewit 23-08-2007 12:41 AM

Ooh, I can't wait!!
I better get a spot.
Lmao.

Kenbark 23-08-2007 01:20 AM

Betas arent as good as all of you think they are... trust me... I have been many of them(closed and open) You will burn yourself out on the game and everything before the game even comes out. You will deal with all the bugs and all the issues that a pre launched game has and will hate the game to its core by the time your done. Not to mention many times (in a good beta) once the game came out, the publisher changed things around so much that I didnt like it very much after the game came out because I was used to the old ways. In an MMO beta you will go through all the troubles to level up your character and become attached to it, only to have it earased and you haveing to start over and do all the same things over again.

Dont get me wrong! This is AMAZING news for us! I have been waiting for 4 years now for this game and this means it is within around 6 months of launch! Its just that dont let the beta testing ruin this game for you because of your impatience. That is all.

BeAsT 23-08-2007 01:41 AM

Ahh interesting. Hopefully they will pick people that actually bug hunt.

Shinigami-X 23-08-2007 01:45 AM

Pick me! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! couldnt happrn on a better day for this news, I just turned 22 today, and it's the 22nd................its an OMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gobbly2100 23-08-2007 02:23 AM

Oh thanks Element for that update, I have edited the post now, that really sucks that it is Korea only :(

Stncold 23-08-2007 05:51 AM

Meh why release a big press release in English nor state explicitly that it will be Korean only.

Freaking teases.

Guyver 23-08-2007 10:12 AM

Ha, maybe my petition did help.
Now --- Korea only hmmmmmmmmmm

eclipsedmind 23-08-2007 01:21 PM

what korean only well thats just *censord word*
wonder why though?????

xer011 23-08-2007 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eclipsedmind (Post 26810)
what korean only well thats just *censord word*
wonder why though?????

maybe the controls are korean? no idea.But most games are made in Korea/China.

Ao1xSniperkev 23-08-2007 06:40 PM

its because webzen is based out of korea and they want do to the closed beta wher they can easily communicate back and forth.

Grind 23-08-2007 10:44 PM

and maybe they have a much bigger fan base in korea so it would make more sense to do it there.

So it's a bummer we can't beta test it yet. But at least we know the full version is well underway :)

It's pretty true about beta testing too, a lot of times I get turned away from games that I beta test because they turn out to be not what I expected. Then I later find that the game is much better than beta lead me to believe lol.

It would be nice to test Huxley but I'll be happy just waiting for the polished version to head my way

connnnn 23-08-2007 11:09 PM

I'm not really holding out for any closed beta opportunities outside of Korea, unless they decide to test the North American servers in a closed (as opposed to massive open stress test) environment.

But it's not like there aren't half a dozen other worthwhile games coming out to play in the meantime.

THEDIRECTOR 24-08-2007 05:09 AM

time to play the waiting game.

eclipsedmind 24-08-2007 07:54 AM

yep the waiting game i always lose though i reckon the other guys cheats

PvtCaboose37 24-08-2007 11:52 AM

Closed Beta Game Testing

Quote:

Originally Posted by Designer0 (Post 26781)

i agree as well ^^

is there any mention on how beta testers will be selected for example say you missed the original sign up for cod4 you can take quizes and stuff to help your chances in a day or two

my clan and i have been waiting for this game since 3 years ago but i dont mind waiting a bit longer.

(side note-small rumor i heard {again rumor} that you will be able to acess ventrillo through xbox360 version to talk with your xp/vista friends. help on this rumor would be great thanks.

Pvt. Micheal J. Caboose