Huxley Game, Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter Game, MMOFPS

Subscribe to the forum RSS feed and keep up to date with all the latest posts!
Go Back   Huxley Forums > Huxley Forums > Huxley News

Huxley News This section of the forum is used to archive all our news and updates.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2007, 11:54 AM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

gobbly2100 has disabled reputation
Arrow Soundtrack To Huxley!

This is a nice update for you, Webzen have now secured a top notch quality soundtrack to Huxley all compliments of "Kevin Riepl" an amazing composer, please read on anyway folks, this is straight from Webzen.

Quote:
SEOUL, South Korea and LOS ANGELES - Oct. 2, 2007 - Huxley, the highly anticipated twitch-action massively multiplayer online first-person shooting (MMOFPS) game, now has a dramatic orchestral soundtrack to compliment the game's creative and immersive post-apocalyptic storyline and intense game play. Global online entertainment company Webzen, Inc. (NASDAQ: WZEN) announced today that acclaimed composer Kevin Riepl has scored the soundtrack for the upcoming sci-fi adventure.

A renowned musical composer for multiple entertainment genres, Riepl¡¯s previous videogame credits include the commercial blockbuster Gears of War, the massively multiplayer online role-playing game City of Villains and the first-person shooters Unreal Championship 2 and Unreal Tournament 2004, among many others.

¡°I am really proud to have the opportunity to work on Huxley, an awesome game with a lot of different themes and influences that required a gripping soundtrack,¡± said Riepl. ¡°The music will bring players closer to the game in every aspect of Huxley - from the large and relatively peaceful cities to the immersive player-versus environment quests and the intense player-versus-player massive battles.¡±

The Huxley score, composed by Riepl, was recorded by the 80-piece Hollywood Studio Symphony at Warner Bros. Studios over a two-day period. The game¡¯s soundtrack features 25 tracks, each unique to the style and feel of various maps, battles and even the game¡¯s two distinct cities where players will congregate, socialize, trade items and prepare before entering Huxley¡¯s epic battles.

¡°We can now add immersive and dramatic music to the creative multi-cultural art style, compelling Unreal Engine 3.0 graphics and unique game design as some of the many ways that Huxley is sure to resonate with players,¡± said Kijong ¡°KJ¡± Kang, producer, Webzen. ¡°Kevin captured the exact musical feel we wanted Huxley players to experience while unfolding the epic story and engaging in the game¡¯s fierce battles.¡±

Produced by Webzen¡¯s H-Studio, Huxley is the first massively multiplayer online (MMO) game to combine the twitch-based fast-action gameplay of a first person shooter (FPS) with the cerebral character development of an MMO to deliver an intense and exciting online entertainment experience of a complete MMOFPS. Players will be drawn into the genre-bending game play, riveting cinematic graphics and intricate setting of Huxley, where they will choose between two races, Sapiens or Alternatives and struggle to obtain a powerful energy source while fighting endless battles against the Hybrids, a mysterious third group born of the two races.

Currently in development for gamers across multiple global markets, Huxley is in closed beta testing in Korea. The game is slated for release in North America in 2008. For more information.

For more information on Kevin Riepl Music: Kevin Riepl Music
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-10-2007, 01:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Murvel is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Murvel
Default Re: Soundtrack To Huxley!

Happy happy joy joy.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 15-10-2007, 12:54 AM   #3 (permalink)

D0gSoldi3r is on a distinguished road

Well it's very promising to see some English speaking veterans behind the scenes
Old 15-10-2007, 03:21 AM   #4 (permalink)

Skaterepp is on a distinguished road

we need more HYPE!! I hope this will be like Halo, no on knew about it,but then it owned when it came out!!! but this is a whole nother leage of gameing beyond halo3!!!! anyways it sounds cool.
Old 17-10-2007, 08:43 AM   #5 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Murvel is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Murvel

Indeed Skaterepp, hype is the way to go. Can someone please put some fire under Webzens PR-team.. ?
Old 17-10-2007, 09:09 PM   #6 (permalink)
Training Grounds

JoeyBagaDonuts is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to JoeyBagaDonuts

Yeah a big part about putting a game out is advertisment, gotten get the product out there and seen so people even know about it. Only reason I ever found out about it is because a friend of mine is obssessed with teamxbox.com and found something about Huxley and showed me, and I thought the game looked awesome (=

I'm sure word shall spread even farther within the the months until it's out.
Old 21-11-2007, 03:58 AM   #7 (permalink)
Training Grounds

That Other Guy is on a distinguished road

They need a catchy word or sentence for the game like Huxley: Join the Fight around the world. Even though i believe that one is in use ;3
Old 06-02-2008, 01:13 AM   #8 (permalink)
Training Grounds

Glitchhawk is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Glitchhawk
Thumbs up Re: Soundtrack To Huxley!

I knew this guys music sounded cool. but i didnt realize he did Gears.. that owns. Huxley is like my most wanted game of all time. i cant wait.... Ive been watching this game since dec 05 i think..or maybe 06... but thats still over 2 years. im a longterm Huxley fan. sorry i didnt join you guys earlyer. ive been watching huxleygame.com since it came out lol
Old 29-04-2008, 02:36 AM   #9 (permalink)
Training Grounds

Rcgeneral5 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murvel View Post
Indeed Skaterepp, hype is the way to go. Can someone please put some fire under Webzens PR-team.. ?
How about less hype? So we can get a head start on all of those 10-year-olds that migrate from WoW?
The reviews will bring all the hype the game needs if it is as good as it looks.
Old 30-03-2009, 03:52 AM   #10 (permalink)
Training Grounds

JackAttackFTW is on a distinguished road

Seems like some fittingly epic music will be included. Nice.
I allways loved the Gears music, never played much Unreal but from what i did it sounded good too.